5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nice Race with a 2002 TL-S

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 07:57 PM
RussMaxManiac

Old 04-02-2002, 07:58 PM

First off Hondas blow. My 95SE has smoked every Honda ever besides the NSX. My 86 Camry has beaten the four banger. My 87 Supra has beaten every Integra model. To say the 4th gens arent capable of beating CL-S or TL-S is ill-founded. The 95SE 5 speed is one of the fastest maximas. Probably faster than the 2k's and 2k1's. As for the whole six speed argument, the six speed will own any of them to about 100. After that the 6 speed sux at least compared to the 95. I have a strip of road I test my cars on and what it took the six speed to get to 120 the 95 could get to 130 sad but its a fact. The 95 has high speed gearing and loves to move from 100. I know it can beat CL-S's and TL-S's,cause Ive done it. All MAximas are bone stock with manuals 95 with 115000 and still running 15.2s, 2K2 has 3000 and Gteched at 14.7.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:04 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by 95/2k2:6Maxima
First off Hondas blow. My 95SE has smoked every Honda ever besides the NSX. My 86 Camry has beaten the four banger. My 87 Supra has beaten every Integra model. To say the 4th gens arent capable of beating CL-S or TL-S is ill-founded. The 95SE 5 speed is one of the fastest maximas. Probably faster than the 2k's and 2k1's. As for the whole six speed argument, the six speed will own any of them to about 100. After that the 6 speed sux at least compared to the 95. I have a strip of road I test my cars on and what it took the six speed to get to 120 the 95 could get to 130 sad but its a fact. The 95 has high speed gearing and loves to move from 100. I know it can beat CL-S's and TL-S's,cause Ive done it. All MAximas are bone stock with manuals 95 with 115000 and still running 15.2s, 2K2 has 3000 and Gteched at 14.7.

What an idiot

Old 04-02-2002, 08:11 PM

Originally posted by 95/2k2:6Maxima
Ok man now thats stupid for one thing Hondas do not blow they are very reliable cars...and relatively good for what you pay for them...Second what about the S2000? The only reason why people hate Hondas cause there are a few idiots that give them a bad name..and no a 2k1 can beat out a 95 its been proven, on the streets and in the magazines...Its really down to how good the driver is..ok i could be wrong on this one but i've never seen a stock 05 max run 15.2...show me some slips and i'll believe..not sure on that.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:12 PM
nc00max

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
If my 5spd Maxima 2k1 barely beat them I seriously DOUBT your AUTO can. He didn't know how to drive that damn car right.

You're right Russ, I forgot you lived in Virginia Beach, were stationed on the USS Donald Cook, and hence followed us home almost every ****ing day from work. I think we're forgetting one major detail as far as your 5spd beating them, you can't drive a stick for **** Russ, remember? Or have you had the auto so long that you forgot?

Old 04-02-2002, 08:17 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by nc00max

You're right Russ, I forgot you lived in Virginia Beach, were stationed on the USS Donald Cook, and hence followed us home almost every ****ing day from work. I think we're forgetting one major detail as far as your 5spd beating them, you can't drive a stick for **** Russ, remember? Or have you had the auto so long that you forgot?

If I can't drive a stick, how did I get my max to run 14.8 at 94.6 mph with a 2.36xx 60ft stock?

Hmmmmm guess I can't drive per your standards. I did have the 2nd fastest 5th gen stock on the board.

Old 04-02-2002, 08:17 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Some info about VTEC

Nissan's CVTC system is not a variable lift system. It's most similar to Toyota's VVT-i and BMW's VANOS systems. All of these systems vary cam phasing on either one or both cams to vary valve timing and overlap. But they do not alter duration or lift, as all valves only use a single cam profile.

Honda's VTEC system is one of the few systems out there that do actually use different cam lobes. At low RPM a low-lift, low-duration set of cam lobes are used. Sometimes the lift is varied slightly between each valve and the timing is staggered a bit to promote intake swirl, better emissions, and higher fuel economy. At a set point that varies with each engine, the valves are switched over to the fat "VTEC" cam lobe. When this happens, the output and sound of the engine are very drastically changed. With the SOHC design on my Accord V6 it was much more subtle, but you could still hear it. Especially with an aftermarket intake like I had. It's even more pronounced on DOHC engines where both intake and exhaust valves have VTEC cam lobes instead of just the intake valves on SOHC designs.

The only similar systems out there are Toyota's VVTL-i and BMW's Valvetronic, which is currently only available on the 745i. Not even the E46 M3, or the M5 have Valvetronic yet - just "Double VANOS".

Honda's i-VTEC is the best of both worlds, along with VVTL-i. The seamlessness of continuously variable timing, and the flexibility of variable valve lift.

But screw all that.

I like the nice big fat cams in my 4th Gen VQ that are on all the time!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2002, 08:20 PM
Maxtor

Ants97SE the more frequent user on here, the other one I forget his idea, but he is only on here like twice a year or so seriously. hehehe.

Ants97se to what I remember, wheels, CAI, Ypipe, springs, body kit, 5spd
Other guy, Intake, HKS Exhaust, and wheels and 5spd 98.
Like I said/asked. Do you think your car can take a 5spd 5th gen Maxima on the highway? There is no way your car would beat a 5spd 5th gen after 110mph.

Please try to remember the other guy's name since I am interested to hear both their responses to your stories.

Old 04-02-2002, 08:22 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by Maxtor

Like I said/asked. Do you think your car can take a 5spd 5th gen Maxima on the highway? There is no way your car would beat a 5spd 5th gen after 110mph.

Please try to remember the other guy's name since I am interested to hear both their responses to your stories.
Yes, it can. My 5th gen 5spd Maxima ran dead even with Ants any condition we raced with his mods. I pulled him, I know I could pull a 5th gen 5spd. Unless the 5th gen had all bolt ons, then that might be a different story, but stock yes I will pull. 2k2 auto would be interesting race on the highway, 2k2 6spd hehe me no touch.

Old 04-02-2002, 08:33 PM
RussMaxManiac

Here is a link to the maxima mailing list archives. Look for one called unexpected runs tonight. It is about 1/4 - 1/2 way down the list. Yep, slowly and stedily pulled away till I saw his car in my rear view mirror completely in the side lane next to me, that is over 2 car lengths.

His name is Antony, you will see it there.

And I will paste it here as well:

"It's amazing how you left me "badly." I was dead even with you until = about 5500 when you slowly started to pull away. With that variable = intake I would have been next to you the whole way."

Ants

http://www.lumiere.net/pipermail/max...ch/thread.html

I am not gonna reply anymore to this thread since again Max owners threw it out of proportion again. Other Max owners are just asking me to ignore the idiots on here, so I will now. Have a nice day, not worth my time anymore to these newbies.

Old 04-02-2002, 08:35 PM
Maxtor

Here is a link to the maxima mailing list archives. Look for one called unexpected runs tonight. It is about 1/4 - 1/2 way down the list. Yep, slowly and stedily pulled away till I saw his car in my rear view mirror completely in the side lane next to me, that is over 2 car lengths.

His name is Antony, you will see it there.

And I will paste it here as well:

"It's amazing how you left me "badly." I was dead even with you until = about 5500 when you slowly started to pull away. With that variable = intake I would have been next to you the whole way."

Ants

http://www.lumiere.net/pipermail/max...ch/thread.html

I am not gonna reply anymore to this thread since again Max owners threw it out of proportion again. Other Max owners are just asking me to ignore the idiots on here, so I will now. Have a nice day, not worth my time anymore to these newbies.
You would get smoked by a 5th gen 5spd let alone a 2k2 auto. Good luck and please stop the BS!!

Old 04-02-2002, 08:38 PM
RussMaxManiac

You would get smoked by a 5th gen 5spd let alone a 2k2 auto. Good luck and please stop the BS!!
DUMB**** NEWBIE, You woudl think I would ****ing know if I would get smoked from a car I HAD! 2k1 5spd Max, 2nd fastest on this board stock. 14.8 at 94.6mph, so kiss my *** *****. I know the Max would have lost.

Old 04-02-2002, 08:39 PM

95SE is faster than 2ks and 2k1 Se in manual form look at motor trends test on both. My 95 also hit 130 before my new 2k2 6speed could. The 95 maxima was a milestone, and is faster than all other 4 gens.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:48 PM
Maxtor

DUMB**** NEWBIE, You woudl think I would ****ing know if I would get smoked from a car I HAD! 2k1 5spd Max, 2nd fastest on this board stock. 14.8 at 94.6mph, so kiss my *** *****. I know the Max would have lost.
How many times did you go to the track and how many times did you run to get those numbers....once?!?!! How many motor mounts did you break amongst other things to get that number ONCE???!!

What does "YOUR" CL-S run since you do so much racing with it?

Old 04-02-2002, 08:56 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

RUSS....

I am not gonna reply anymore to this thread since
I thought you weren't going to post anymore.

and to everyone else... please! not ANOTHER Russ vs. the entire board again.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:06 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Russ, come on dude. Calm down. Why are you yet again getting so upset just over some silly car threads? This is like a daily occurance? Why care? Anyways, there is a female voice in the other room calling for me. cya.

Old 04-02-2002, 09:08 PM
nc00max

Last time I was on the board, you wanted a Jetta because you still couldn't get your Max to break into the 14's and thought that because the best drivers on the VW board could hit 13's, you could too. It's nice to hear you finally got a track time worth a **** though, but now I regret missing the last two months cause I'm curious as to how you went from the tampon-toting Jetta to a TL-S. They're nice cars and I've never said otherwise, but it sounds like you're turning into one of the typical trolling owners that we used to get on here. Maybe I should dig up some past type-S vs. Maxima threads, read what you used to post, then laugh myself into a hemorrage at your ability to switch hit so easily. Have a nice day, Russ.

Old 04-02-2002, 09:12 PM
Maxtor

Last time I was on the board, you wanted a Jetta because you still couldn't get your Max to break into the 14's and thought that because the best drivers on the VW board could hit 13's, you could too. It's nice to hear you finally got a track time worth a **** though, but now I regret missing the last two months cause I'm curious as to how you went from the tampon-toting Jetta to a TL-S. They're nice cars and I've never said otherwise, but it sounds like you're turning into one of the typical trolling owners that we used to get on here. Maybe I should dig up some past type-S vs. Maxima threads, read what you used to post, then laugh myself into a hemorrage at your ability to switch hit so easily. Have a nice day, Russ.
He didn't get a TL-S those look nice. He didn't get a 6spd CL-S. He got an auto CL-S. What a sucker! You can tell by the sparks flying out the back with the tranny dragging along the ground. For 260HP that thing can barely break low 15's with a lucky few breaking 14's a couple of times.

What are you CL-S times RussiePooh?

Old 04-02-2002, 09:21 PM
nc00max

Once again, I'm NOT bagging on type-S's by any means. I said that I've beaten my friend's and only with a ****load of mods and he's bone stock now. I could care less if someone doubts me on that, because I know what the results were. They're nice cars, and if I didn't prefer the styling of the Maxima, I would have likely purchased a used one instead of my Max. What I can't stand is the superiority complex that a handful of the owners seem to have. If you look on the CL/TL-S boards, most of them really aren't the ****** we've seen around here. Once again, Russ owns God's Chariot, and unfortunately for us, it's no longer a Maxima.

Old 04-02-2002, 09:23 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Since I paid less for My 2K2 Se LOADED with Navi.... and I can SMOKE you, let me take the money I saved and buy headers, NOT COMPUTECH, and Exhaust, and by the end of the year I will have 19's and The SPECIAL SAUCE.... All that with the $$ I SAVED , over AK-YOUR-AHH.... Im also thrilled with the way my car looks, not like some re-badged accord..I bought what I wanted, not what I could afford .....YOU LOSE ACU-BOY !
Old 04-02-2002, 09:36 PM

Russ is God....God Drives a CL-S

End of story.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:41 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by MAX2000JP
Russ is God....God Drives a CL-S

End of story.
Cl-s and tL-S BOTH SEEM TO FLY THE SAME FLAG AT THEIR Homes ?? is that a coincedence.. They both also claim to ONLY be " helping the sheep over the fence " !
Old 04-02-2002, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by kloogy

Cl-s and tL-S BOTH SEEM TO FLY THE SAME FLAG AT THEIR Homes ?? is that a coincedence.. They both also claim to ONLY be " helping the sheep over the fence " !
I agree!

What year mustang did you have? My friend has a 95 GT with a built 392(?) with a tremec 6 speed. The suspension is all custom made and susposedly the car can pull 2 g's in the slalom race-preped.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:52 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by MAX2000JP

I agree!

What year mustang did you have? My friend has a 95 GT with a built 392(?) with a tremec 6 speed. The suspension is all custom made and susposedly the car can pull 2 g's in the slalom race-preped.
89 LX. I was so proud of that Car. I had KONI REDS al around and BBK springs, subframe conectors, and titanium motot mounts..kept breaking them,,,greatest accomplishment....smokin a Porsche with a Old fart and a hot ***** in the pasengers seat... old guy said.." is that stock"......I had Tremec T5....it was originally an AOD... I had BFG Drag Radials on it. Sold it a year ago.....
Old 04-02-2002, 11:31 PM

Damn. C'mon people. Poor Russ... You guys are showing a lot of hostility towards a guy who created his own Maxima board & still maintains it, even though he no longer owns a max. And he still offers help to .org members. I don't get it. I know, you'll say Russ is rude sometimes, but many on this board are. (just look at how people will respond to this post, LOL)

You look at 95/2k2:6Maxima's profile: no email, no webpage posted, no way to PM...

Russ' profile: Has an email for you to contact him & ask questions, has PM enabled for you to ask questions, has his own board dedicated to Maximas, and he has pages of his own Max mods w/pix

And you folks are siding with who now? I can't believe that Russ hasn't won your trust yet, or at least some respect.

When I asked moderators here to fill out the Midnightmoose.com club sheet so we can get a discount, no one replied (till this very day). Here, look at my thread: CLICK HERE TO SEE IT

I asked Russ & he jumped on it. And now thanks to him, we can all get a 10% discount.
HERE'S THE THREAD

Just my $2.00 worth (yes dollars, NOT cents!)

G

PS> I'm sure Russ flies the AMERICAN FLAG outside his residence. You know what that looks like, don't you?... no?... well I can send you a pic if u want. (You know who you are)
Old 04-02-2002, 11:58 PM

On the board no one has lost there tranny on a 2002 unlike the 2001s. But people who abuse there trannys will loose them. Most of the ones that died abused there cars. There are many 2001s and 2002s that have over 20-50k of miles on the orginal tranny, no problems. I have 2100 and no problems.
I went 225,000 Miles on my Orginal tranny.
It was a handme down from parents and they owned it brand new
Old 04-03-2002, 05:12 AM
nc00max

I'll agree that Russ has been a big help to a lot of us, myself included, especially when it comes to his how-to's and install write-ups. I just don't appreciate anyone telling me that I'm FOS when I add a comment that includes my personal experience racing my best friend's CL-S, and mention that I can edge him out, just because he failed to totally destroy one with his 5spd. My friend and I have goofed around racing countless times, so I know the difference between a fluke and what has happened almost every single time. I don't know how many type-S's Russ raced with his 5spd, but I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't on a nearly daily basis. Saying that there's no way my modded auto can beat a stock CL-S just because he didn't rape one with his 5spd is just close-minded and rude. I also didn't say that I could beat him since the day I got the Max, because that's not true. In fact, it wasn't till I had the CAI, Y-pipe, RT Cat, and UDP that I could even take him on the highway. He still would take me from a stop until I got the VB, which kept me even with him till 60-70 where I would slowly gain ground on him. My auto tranny sucks, but I don't think that such an indirect comparison is any means to base your assumptions on what my car can and can't do.

Old 04-03-2002, 05:40 AM
RussMaxManiac

How many times did you go to the track and how many times did you run to get those numbers....once?!?!! How many motor mounts did you break amongst other things to get that number ONCE???!!

What does "YOUR" CL-S run since you do so much racing with it?
I always ran 15.1s and 15.0s with intake and rt cat, went back again stock for the last time, and got 2 14.8s a few 15.0s and 1 20 sec time, (clutch fried). I hit 14.8 on the first try and last try.
I did not break a motor mount these runs. I broke one the 1st time I went to the track when the car was fairly new, and when i was running, had too much wheel hop and broke a mount. I think the mount was already weak for some reason.

You are just a stupid *** kid talking **** behind the keyboard. Go the **** away.

Old 04-03-2002, 05:44 AM
RussMaxManiac

Wow the way stories change is amazing. You prove to me that because I could not get my 14 sec Maxima to hit 14s, I wanted to get a Jetta. Sure..... I wanted a Jetta (german made car) because of nissan's ****ty service. Then I drove a type-s which then I was like screw the Jetta. I waited over 1 month for the Jetta to come in, the dealer gave me the run around, so I started checking other cars.

I will never be a troll ever on this board. I have been here since 1996, longer than 90% of this board, so don't even try to tell me that ****.

Old 04-03-2002, 05:45 AM
RussMaxManiac

He didn't get a TL-S those look nice. He didn't get a 6spd CL-S. He got an auto CL-S. What a sucker! You can tell by the sparks flying out the back with the tranny dragging along the ground. For 260HP that thing can barely break low 15's with a lucky few breaking 14's a couple of times.

What are you CL-S times RussiePooh?
I did not buy this car to run it and abuse it at the track. If you want times, go to www.acura-cl.com look under the car talk, they have people posting times in a post of 1/4. MOST are in teh mid to high 14s. Again your talking out of your *** newbie.

Old 04-03-2002, 05:46 AM
RussMaxManiac

Look in the mirror. I only see Maxima people saying the MAx is god's chariot and have a complex. I am only defending my car because you guys are talking **** about it.

Once again, I'm NOT bagging on type-S's by any means. I said that I've beaten my friend's and only with a ****load of mods and he's bone stock now. I could care less if someone doubts me on that, because I know what the results were. They're nice cars, and if I didn't prefer the styling of the Maxima, I would have likely purchased a used one instead of my Max. What I can't stand is the superiority complex that a handful of the owners seem to have. If you look on the CL/TL-S boards, most of them really aren't the ****** we've seen around here. Once again, Russ owns God's Chariot, and unfortunately for us, it's no longer a Maxima.

Old 04-03-2002, 05:48 AM
RussMaxManiac

Come to Texas, like to see you smoke my *** newbie.
You notice something, I only see newbies responding here, because the old dogs know who is right. Englishtown is having a Max vs type-s event this weekend I believe, so guess what, your gonna get to see who comes out ahead.

Okay, I am done here now. Maxima guys are telling me to stop wasting my time with you newbies because its not worth it. So talk all the BS you want about your complex you have on the Maxima.

Originally posted by kloogy
Since I paid less for My 2K2 Se LOADED with Navi.... and I can SMOKE you, let me take the money I saved and buy headers, NOT COMPUTECH, and Exhaust, and by the end of the year I will have 19's and The SPECIAL SAUCE.... All that with the $$ I SAVED , over AK-YOUR-AHH.... Im also thrilled with the way my car looks, not like some re-badged accord..I bought what I wanted, not what I could afford .....YOU LOSE ACU-BOY !

Old 04-03-2002, 05:51 AM
RussMaxManiac

Guess what, I do have the flag out and we have had it out every day since Sept 11th to support our soldiers.

http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/Speedy/newcls/newcls-6.jpg

Old 04-03-2002, 05:54 AM
RussMaxManiac

Now I am done, didn't see all these other posts....outta here. I will recommend the moderator lock this thread since people got out of hand in here.

Old 04-03-2002, 06:04 AM

I did not buy this car to run it and abuse it at the track. If you want times, go to www.acura-cl.com look under the car talk, they have people posting times in a post of 1/4. MOST are in teh mid to high 14s. Again your talking out of your *** newbie.
But, you bought your Maxima to run it and abuse it at the track? Why would we want to go to acura-cl.com and see what other people run in their cars. I think what is in question is what you run in your car. Other people's times won't answer that questions for us.

Stereodude
Old 04-03-2002, 06:07 AM

Come to Texas, like to see you smoke my *** newbie.
You notice something, I only see newbies responding here, because the old dogs know who is right. Englishtown is having a Max vs type-s event this weekend I believe, so guess what, your gonna get to see who comes out ahead.

Okay, I am done here now. Maxima guys are telling me to stop wasting my time with you newbies because its not worth it. So talk all the BS you want about your complex you have on the Maxima.
I think it has more to do with the fact that anyone who's been here for more than two weeks knows better than to even bother trying to talk to you. That or they're utilizing the ignore feature of vBulletin. Don't mistake others silence for pandemonium supporting your arugments.

Stereodude
Old 04-03-2002, 06:10 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by Stereodude
But, you bought your Maxima to run it and abuse it at the track? Why would we want to go to acura-cl.com and see what other people run in their cars. I think what is in question is what you run in your car. Other people's times won't answer that questions for us.

Stereodude
Okay, well have you run yet? Then you have a 14.9 sec car, and my car is a 14.7 sec car per magazines.

So concluded my car is faster period. I ran the max because it was a 5spd, the autos are not made for racing, I will not race unless its on a roll on the highway because that is where it really doens't hurt the car.

Old 04-03-2002, 06:11 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by Stereodude
I think it has more to do with the fact that anyone who's been here for more than two weeks knows better than to even bother trying to talk to you. That or they're utilizing the ignore feature of vBulletin. Don't mistake others silence for pandemonium supporting your arugments.

Stereodude
I am not ignoring the silence. I have people IMing me telling me to ignore idiots like them. And they are the ones that have been here a long time as well. Simple as that.

Enough.

Old 04-03-2002, 06:19 AM

Okay, well have you run yet? Then you have a 14.9 sec car, and my car is a 14.7 sec car per magazines.

So concluded my car is faster period. I ran the max because it was a 5spd, the autos are not made for racing, I will not race unless its on a roll on the highway because that is where it really doens't hurt the car.
I see someone wasn't paying attention. Magazine times are no more valid a comparison than using other people's track times as your own. Neither one is your car with you driving.

Unless I'm mistaken Russ your cars tranny zaps about 25% of the power regardless of whether you're starting from a roll or not. I've yet to hear of an automatic tranny that magically becomes 85% efficient at 55MPH.

Stereodude
Old 04-03-2002, 06:34 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)