5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Customer Survey

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 02:17 PM

Customer Survey

I purchased my 2K2 SE in January of 2002 and have not received my new car purchase survey. In fact, some 3 weeks ago I called 1-800-NISSAN-1 to ask that one be sent to me and still have not received it. I was wondering if others were having the same trouble with the purchase followup survey.

Buzz
Old 04-08-2002, 02:35 PM

Re: Customer Survey

I don't know...but, that's the first thing I'd complain about!

ADMAN
Old 04-08-2002, 02:50 PM

Originally posted by Nick Exxon
I purchased my 2K2 SE in January of 2002 and have not received my new car purchase survey. In fact, some 3 weeks ago I called 1-800-NISSAN-1 to ask that one be sent to me and still have not received it. I was wondering if others were having the same trouble with the purchase followup survey.

Buzz
Not surprised to hear this. They messed up my address and no one can even explain how that could happen when the dealership had it correct and everything is transmitted electronically. I received 2 new car surveys after complaining about not receiving a survey due to the address snafu. Nissan denies it but here is what I was told by one Nissan rep. All Altima owners receive a new car survey but only a certain percent of Maxima owners will receive one. So who knows what's really going on.
Old 04-08-2002, 03:02 PM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: Customer Survey

I got one a week after i purchased the Max. Sent that back in. I got another one a couple of weeks ago (6 months later) but haven't sent it back yet.

About the Alt. vs. Max thing. I guess it's because the 2k2 hasn't changed dramatically from the 2k and 2k1 and thus they already gathered more than enough feedback for it. The 2k2 Alt is all-new and thus no data.
Old 04-08-2002, 03:39 PM

Buzz
About a month after I purchased mine (bought late December, got one early February). Also got a JDR review around the same time.
Old 04-09-2002, 06:19 AM

Re: Re: Re: Customer Survey

Originally posted by soundmike

About the Alt. vs. Max thing. I guess it's because the 2k2 hasn't changed dramatically from the 2k and 2k1 and thus they already gathered more than enough feedback for it. The 2k2 Alt is all-new and thus no data.
The only thing that bugs me about what you're saying, is that if this is Nissan's mindset, then the company is not focusing on the purchaser's experience with the salesman/dealership. A company can have a wonderful product but fail miserably in marketing it if the salesforce doesn't measure up. One cannot assume that a quality product will carry you through in the face of less-than-honorable sales skills. It's probably obvious I've got an axe to grind here and I'm less than impressed with the feedback I'm getting so far from Nissan.

Buzz
Old 04-09-2002, 06:46 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Customer Survey

I agree with you. I'm talking, however, about the second mailer that Nissan sends out (Car experience). Not the first one which you get just a couple of days/weeks after purchasing the car (Dealer experience)

The only thing that bugs me about what you're saying, is that if this is Nissan's mindset, then the company is not focusing on the purchaser's experience with the salesman/dealership. A company can have a wonderful product but fail miserably in marketing it if the salesforce doesn't measure up. One cannot assume that a quality product will carry you through in the face of less-than-honorable sales skills. It's probably obvious I've got an axe to grind here and I'm less than impressed with the feedback I'm getting so far from Nissan.

Buzz
Old 04-09-2002, 07:14 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Customer Survey

Originally posted by soundmike
I agree with you. I'm talking, however, about the second mailer that Nissan sends out (Car experience). Not the first one which you get just a couple of days/weeks after purchasing the car (Dealer experience)

Oh, thanks for the clarification. Since I've received nothing, I didn't realize there were two different surveys.

Buzz
Old 04-09-2002, 07:23 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Customer Survey

Oh, thanks for the clarification. Since I've received nothing, I didn't realize there were two different surveys.

Buzz
I didn't realize that there are two different surveys either. I received the New Vehicle Survey about 5 weeks after purchase and a second New Vehicle Survey was sent to me 1 month later !!! I've received no other type of new vehicle survey. I have received a couple of service surveys.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:50 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Customer Survey

Must have just been me then?!?

On the first survey i sent back i had a somewhat lengthy comment on the "bugs" i've found on the car.

Month's later i get another survey which looks somewhat different asking about the car itself (nothing about the dealership experience any more). Perhaps it was some sort of follow-up regarding my initial complaints?

Originally posted by SptBiz

I didn't realize that there are two different surveys either. I received the New Vehicle Survey about 5 weeks after purchase and a second New Vehicle Survey was sent to me 1 month later !!! I've received no other type of new vehicle survey. I have received a couple of service surveys.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:28 AM

Nissan is probably tired of reading how customers hate the buying experience.
I flamed them good on my experience and now I get surveys every time I take the car in for a waranty fix.
Gluttons for punishment, I guess
Old 04-09-2002, 11:59 AM
RKS

Does anyone believe that someone important actually reads any of the comment I think drones just enter responses in a db.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:07 PM
Very sound, Mike

Good point. The survery itself, for most parts, look like some computer punch card (same one's used in SAT's and other standardized tests).

Originally posted by RKS
Does anyone believe that someone important actually reads any of the comment I think drones just enter responses in a db.
Old 04-09-2002, 01:10 PM
The Definitive AE Master

My dealer had a promotion where if you brought in the survey for them to fill out, they would give you two free plane tickets to vegas and 3 days accomadations at the MGM hotel. I got mine within 2 weeks after purchase
Old 04-09-2002, 02:53 PM

Originally posted by Larrio
My dealer had a promotion where if you brought in the survey for them to fill out, they would give you two free plane tickets to vegas and 3 days accomadations at the MGM hotel. I got mine within 2 weeks after purchase
LOL. I got a round tin of cookies from my Nissan dealership a few weeks after I sent in the dealership experience survey. I wasn't aware that there are 2 different surveys. Basically they asked me to give them all good marks when I got the survey, which I already did a few weeks prior.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:42 PM

I had the same problem not getting the survey with my with my 2k1.
Old 04-12-2002, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by annimax
I had the same problem not getting the survey with my with my 2k1.
Did you ever receive it, and if so, how much griping did you have to do to get it. I still have not received mine!

Buzz