5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

New Grille

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 08:16 AM

New Grille

No biggie, but I finally got my grille and valence. Modifications are happening very slowly, as I'm extremely busy with school. Hopefully, the summer will be a little more chill and I can actually get some of the other projects off the ground. Nevertheless, I was eager to share my recent handy work with you guys. Just check out my homepage (page two). Thanks!
Old 04-13-2002, 08:31 AM

Street Scene's Speed Grille & Valence = Cool.
Enjoy!
Old 04-13-2002, 08:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Grill

yea that grill's real nice. i've been thinking about gettin it for a while but wanted to see what it looked like on a silver max. where did u get it from and how much did it run you? Was the install difficult?

Alan
Old 04-13-2002, 09:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Tight lookin grilles man. Looks great on a silver Max. Peace.
Old 04-13-2002, 09:09 AM

Re: Grill

Originally posted by aznhoopsta03
yea that grill's real nice. i've been thinking about gettin it for a while but wanted to see what it looked like on a silver max. where did u get it from and how much did it run you? Was the install difficult?

Alan
Thanks, fellas! I was excited to get it. I've had my eye on it ever since I saw it on pillager's Maxima. If you haven't seen his homepage, you should check it out. However, as he's currently sitting at #1, I'm sure most of you have seen it. I got it from Stylin' Concepts, I believe. It was at my door within the week for ~$230.00. The valence was easy to install, but I saved the grille for an open day, as pillager suggested. I highly recommend that you allow yourself adequate time and you might as well just install them both in one shot. You might want to swing by your local Nissan dealer and get a few fasteners as back up, in case you find you're already missing or happen to break one or two (not unusual). I'm sure they're cheap, but I have yet to replace two I found missing. Also, invest in some black (not white) zip ties. Throw those clips they send you in the garbage. Be prepared to do some shaping. Most importantly, be absolutely sure about what you are cutting, before you cut. I walked away from the project with a few regrets, although they're not visible. Pillager has detailed instructions on his homepage. Use them! BTW, thanks pillager. Also to avoid having to take the front end off again to entertain minor imperfections. You will want to follow the painting tips that pillager offers. I will be removing my front end one more time to replace a visible white zip tie, entertain some final shaping, and to paint a few sawed surfaces behind the grille. Overall, I would say this modification was not difficult, though it is time intensive and requires attention to detail. Good luck! I'm sure you'll turn some heads.
Old 04-13-2002, 09:26 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Glad to be of assistance.

Actually, my grilles are now securely installed. I had my shop screw them in a couple weeks ago. The bottom grille is screwed in and the main grille is installed with those plastic, black push-pin fasteners seen elsewhere on the car. I can remove them rather easily if need be, since I plan on having the car painted a custom (bright) color in the very distant future, I'll have the grilles painted to match. Peace.
Old 04-13-2002, 09:31 AM

Talk about attention to detail... Nice work, pillager. I look forward to seeing the new paint job. I'm sure it'll be pretty schweeet.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:36 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

Originally posted by FtNx
Talk about attention to detail... Nice work, pillager. I look forward to seeing the new paint job. I'm sure it'll be pretty schweeet.

Would I be able to use the bottom valence with the stillen front airdam.
Old 04-15-2002, 01:00 AM

Re: New Grille

Originally posted by FtNx
No biggie, but I finally got my grille and valence. Modifications are happening very slowly, as I'm extremely busy with school. Hopefully, the summer will be a little more chill and I can actually get some of the other projects off the ground. Nevertheless, I was eager to share my recent handy work with you guys. Just check out my homepage (page two). Thanks!

ft, i have the same color as you, it looks tight, I only put the valence on, I was afraid to cut the grille out, so it's still sitting in my garage. I had the pieces polished not chromed, they look good, the valence I have had to clean very often, due to knicks, and other debris. Good job, it looks very good, now i just need to get some nuts and cut the grille out.
Old 04-15-2002, 01:44 AM
Future Camaro SS owner

Re: Re: New Grille

Originally posted by bernie2000se

ft, i have the same color as you, it looks tight, I only put the valence on, I was afraid to cut the grille out, so it's still sitting in my garage. I had the pieces polished not chromed, they look good, the valence I have had to clean very often, due to knicks, and other debris. Good job, it looks very good, now i just need to get some nuts and cut the grille out.
What are you talking about you don't really have to cut it out (look)
http://images.cardomain.com/installs...97_58_full.jpg
Old 04-15-2002, 02:00 AM

Re: Re: Re: New Grille

Originally posted by myownnismo

What are you talking about you don't really have to cut it out (look)
http://images.cardomain.com/installs...97_58_full.jpg
I'm sorry to each is own, I personally don't like it that way on top of the grille, for me I want to cut out the grille, but thanks for the image.
Old 04-17-2002, 09:23 AM

I had the street grill on my ex-2000 gle (on my webpage). I managed to cut that sucker off without cutting my bumper off It just takes ***** to do it I guess. NO FEAR!
Old 04-17-2002, 04:47 PM

First of all, "ExAcTly!" Secondly, your grille looks fantastic. Nice work!
Old 04-17-2002, 04:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Grille

Originally posted by bernie2000se

I'm sorry to each is own, I personally don't like it that way on top of the grille, for me I want to cut out the grille, but thanks for the image.
we can cut it out Bernie just one of these weekends we'll try it... I'm pretty sure we can do a good job! I have a dremel to do some of the work and the finishing