5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Went to the "races" tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 09:35 PM
nc00max

Went to the "races" tonight...

I usually try to stay away from the large groups of modded cars that cruise around looking for a place to race like in the F&F, but tonight my neighbor had mentioned that they were going to try something new. Supposedly there was a place west of here (sorry, no names) where an older woman owns a bunch of property with a wide 2-lane country road going from another highway straight up to her house. The stretch is about 1.5 miles long, and she was charging people $5 to go nuts for the night. So, my curiosity piqued, I went with them and it was mostly true (old man, 1 mile road, $20 bucks to play). Pretty cool place, and old man, even if it was about an hour away. So there ended up being a whole @#$!!load of people going to this place, maybe 100 or so, and we were just lining up and going. The return route was a dirt road the ran along the side of the regular road. You lined up, ran, and if you lost, you waited on the other end by the old dude's house. I didn't do too bad, I beat my neighbor, a V8 T-bird, Accord V6 (very fast, I was impressed), an auto Eclipse RS (good God this one was ugly), 24V Contour, NA 300ZX, late model modded 5spd Prelude (thank God for nitrous), and another auto Maxima (this guy made me write down all my mods and where I got them). I was pretty happy with the Max tonight, and didn't get beat out until I lined up against another Predlude, this one with a turbo. I juiced it the whole way and that Prelude just @#$!! all over me...The overall winner was an older LX 5.0 Mustang with some serious engine work, but in need of some body repair. We watched him wax a newer Trans Am, a modded Cobra, and an alledged 10 second Camaro SS. I usually stay away from the larger "events", but tonight I had a blast and got a lot of praise that I would never normally get that made me feel pretty good about all the hard work I've put into the Max so far, and a lot of "I didn't know Maximas are fast". Ok, that's my little kill story for the night, hope y'all enjoyed.

Old 04-20-2002, 09:59 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

That old guy must be making some serious cash running this. He better save it up in the event that someone crashes or gets killed.

Anyway, sounds like fun! No worries about cops, a nice assortment of cars, and a full mile of open road. You are a lucky guy.
Old 04-20-2002, 10:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Went to the "races" tonight...

Originally posted by nc00max
I usually try to stay away from the large groups of modded cars that cruise around looking for a place to race like in the F&F, but tonight my neighbor had mentioned that they were going to try something new. Supposedly there was a place west of here (sorry, no names) where an older woman owns a bunch of property with a wide 2-lane country road going from another highway straight up to her house. The stretch is about 1.5 miles long, and she was charging people $5 to go nuts for the night. So, my curiosity piqued, I went with them and it was mostly true (old man, 1 mile road, $20 bucks to play). Pretty cool place, and old man, even if it was about an hour away. So there ended up being a whole @#$!!load of people going to this place, maybe 100 or so, and we were just lining up and going. The return route was a dirt road the ran along the side of the regular road. You lined up, ran, and if you lost, you waited on the other end by the old dude's house. I didn't do too bad, I beat my neighbor, a V8 T-bird, Accord V6 (very fast, I was impressed), an auto Eclipse RS (good God this one was ugly), 24V Contour, NA 300ZX, late model modded 5spd Prelude (thank God for nitrous), and another auto Maxima (this guy made me write down all my mods and where I got them). I was pretty happy with the Max tonight, and didn't get beat out until I lined up against another Predlude, this one with a turbo. I juiced it the whole way and that Prelude just @#$!! all over me...The overall winner was an older LX 5.0 Mustang with some serious engine work, but in need of some body repair. We watched him wax a newer Trans Am, a modded Cobra, and an alledged 10 second Camaro SS. I usually stay away from the larger "events", but tonight I had a blast and got a lot of praise that I would never normally get that made me feel pretty good about all the hard work I've put into the Max so far, and a lot of "I didn't know Maximas are fast". Ok, that's my little kill story for the night, hope y'all enjoyed.

How many "shot" are you running? So did you use the nitrous on all the runs?
Old 04-20-2002, 10:59 PM
nc00max

Re: Re: Went to the "races" tonight...

Originally posted by Cumalot

How many "shot" are you running? So did you use the nitrous on all the runs?
I'm only running a 50 shot right now with no real plans to up it any. I used the nitrous on both of the Preludes and almost on the Accord, and while it got me past the one Prelude, it didn't make a whit if difference on the last one. Like I said before, that guy was friggin fast. Oh well, I didn't expect to get too far, so I was pretty happy overall doing as well as I did, especially since I was just in for a little fun. There's a lot of all show, no go around here, but the cars that should be fast (LS1's, V8 Mustangs and the like) performed like they should, and generally beat on the import guys. But that's physics for ya, and I don't think anyone really kept track any more after the Prelude got beat by a Cobra. Still fun though.

Old 04-20-2002, 11:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Went to the "races" tonight...

I'm only running a 50 shot right now with no real plans to up it any. I used the nitrous on both of the Preludes and almost on the Accord, and while it got me past the one Prelude, it didn't make a whit if difference on the last one. Like I said before, that guy was friggin fast. Oh well, I didn't expect to get too far, so I was pretty happy overall doing as well as I did, especially since I was just in for a little fun. There's a lot of all show, no go around here, but the cars that should be fast (LS1's, V8 Mustangs and the like) performed like they should, and generally beat on the import guys. But that's physics for ya, and I don't think anyone really kept track any more after the Prelude got beat by a Cobra. Still fun though.

Nice. Yeah, it's all about fun. Even if you have a SC, you can't expect to beat everyone. I know that from experience.
Old 04-20-2002, 11:38 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Re: Went to the "races" tonight...

An older " MODDED LX "..sounds like a re-encarnation of my 89 LX. I have experienced many a race where a Cobra or a Modded import got its doors blasted off, even my modded T/A.. My Dad drove my Modded T/a against me in my LX, and I smoked him... I love my maxima SE but if you want a TRUE bang for the buck , an 89+ LX 5.0 can run 12's with less than 5000.00 worth of work... If you want info .. ask me !