5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Rims.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 10:36 PM

Rims.......

I am pretty new to all this mod stuff. I have a 2000 SE and want to get me some new wheels. After looking thru tons of styles and sizes I've come to a conclusion that I want 18" rims and I am trying to decide between these styles:

-Mille Miglia Evo5
-Konig Tantrums
-Enkei RS-6 or CDR-9

The cheapest I've seen them shopping around are approx $1400 with a tire package, they are all pretty much the same price.
Now my question is, is one of them better than the other?? Which one should I go with?? I like them all, but the Evo5 a little better.
Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well if you want to be serious about modding, weight is a good factory later on. You dont want 18s that are too heavy, otherwise it will slow you down and make your car feel sluggish.

Also just cause it is lightweight dont mean it is strong, some lightweight wheels bend very easily. I suggest going with a strong lightweight wheel.

Dixit
Old 05-05-2002, 10:43 PM

Hey BigDog

So out of the ones I listed, which one do you think would be good as far as weight and strenght. I am sorry but I don't know much about brands and quality.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:49 PM

Enkei RS-6 Cast 18x7 23.3 lbs
Konig Tantrum Cast 18x7.5 23.2 lbs
Konig Tantrum Cast 18x8 24.9 lbs
Mille Miglia Evo Cast 18x8 27.0 lbs

Now I would go with the Enkie's because they are VERY high end performance wheels. Been around for awhile and I have had two sets and their aluminum grade is very high in strength.

Dixit
Old 05-05-2002, 11:16 PM

Would the weight difference between the lightest and the heaviest make a big diff. as far as performance??
Sucks that the ones that I liked the most are the heaviest ones
Old 05-06-2002, 03:04 AM

Re: Rims.......

Originally posted by armando8a
I am pretty new to all this mod stuff. I have a 2000 SE and want to get me some new wheels. After looking thru tons of styles and sizes I've come to a conclusion that I want 18" rims and I am trying to decide between these styles:

-Mille Miglia Evo5
-Konig Tantrums
-Enkei RS-6 or CDR-9

The cheapest I've seen them shopping around are approx $1400 with a tire package, they are all pretty much the same price.
Now my question is, is one of them better than the other?? Which one should I go with?? I like them all, but the Evo5 a little better.
Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
There is a set of Evo 5 wheels in route to my house as we speak...great looking wheel. I will have to post some pics when I get them on. I choose the Evo cause no one around my area has them so trying to be somewhat original.
Old 05-06-2002, 06:26 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Weight-schmeit. The Evo's are HOT. I'd take those any day over the Konigs and Enkeis. Every Civic on the block has those.... Yeah they're all nice wheels, but get something different. I wish there were more wheels that had the flush side like all of those. I'm not really into the dish rims. They make the rim look smaller. I really wish they make a 2000 stock 17" Max rim in an 18 or 19. That would be tiiiigggghhhtt!
Old 05-06-2002, 06:38 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Rims.......

I just ordered a set of Mille Miglias also, althougha different model than the Evo5, which is very nice by the way. I did a lot of online digging and found that the Konigs and Enkeis are much more prevalent on the Honda scene than most, but they are not necessarily the better rim choice overall. I think their price makes them very cost effective when most compacts are buying 15 or 16 inch versions but in talking to the Discount Tire rep, he suggested that I go with a higher quality, TUV approved rim such as Fittipaldis or better. He said that Enkeis and Konigs are solid, but do not have the same level of detail and quality control and are NOT approved by all quality agencies. So based on that I went to Tire Rack and started digging since all of their rims must meet a higher quality, thus price level than most of the mid grade Discount tire rims. One other thing, I WAS looking at the RS6 but neither the 17 or 18 inch version came in 7.5" or wider rim width which would have prevented me from wisely using a proper sized tire to go with it. Long story short, forget about weight and get the one you like the most; in this case it is likely the better tire in all other aspects. Good luck!
Old 05-06-2002, 07:35 AM

Mille Miglia

Old 05-06-2002, 11:00 AM

Re: Mille Miglia

Originally posted by cwally
Hey man do you have any idea what the offset on your evo's is???
Old 05-06-2002, 11:10 AM

I really like the Evo5's; they are the only wheels I have seen thus far that look good and that also compliment the lines of the 5th gen Maxima's. Are there any other wheels out that are similar to the Evo5's ???
Old 05-06-2002, 11:17 AM

Re: Re: Mille Miglia

Originally posted by Matthew

Hey man do you have any idea what the offset on your evo's is???
Actually I don't sorry...
Old 05-06-2002, 11:18 AM

Originally posted by T-bone
I really like the Evo5's; they are the only wheels I have seen thus far that look good and that also compliment the lines of the 5th gen Maxima's. Are there any other wheels out that are similar to the Evo5's ???
AT Italia just came out with new wheel available in 17" and 18" called Inox, it has a 5-lug 5-spoke design where the spokes widen as they approach the perimeter of the wheel, like the Evos... But they don't appear to have the sweet 'in-curve' concave look that the Evos do, which makes your car look sportier and your wheels look wider IMO. But they are still pretty nice... Look up at tirerack.com, or look in newest issue of Motor Trend, they are on the tirerack ad page listed as new...
Old 05-06-2002, 11:51 AM

Are Rota rims any good?
There is a group deal at groupbuycenter.com.
Old 05-06-2002, 01:01 PM

Originally posted by T-bone
YES! Moda R6! Hopefully I'll have pics up next week sometime. My suspension should be here by the 11th. Just wait and see!
Old 05-06-2002, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by CIRCO

YES! Moda R6! Hopefully I'll have pics up next week sometime. My suspension should be here by the 11th. Just wait and see!
I like those too... Make sure you post the pics on this thread...