5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My new Max

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 01:50 AM

My new Max

Hey everyone. I purchased my 2k2 Maxima SE 6speed, merlot with black leather, Meridian package, Bose, (all options except nav system) about two months ago. I have already racked up over 5k miles on it and absolutely love it! I do have a couple of quick questions however:

1. Does anyone know how to eliminate or adjust the thermostat that regulates the heated seats and steering wheel. I would really like my seats and wheel to heat any time the control is turned on, not just when the thermostat deems it appropriate.

2. My check engine light seems to "glow" at night. In the daytime it cannot be seen, but consistently at night it glows. You can usually make it dim or go out by turning on the a/c, but if you tach up the engine with the a/c on the "glows" again. This seems to indicate some sort of wiring/overcharging problem...but the dealer could not find anything.

Any help with either of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Future mod's include ditching the Pretender tires, probably for Michelin's and some sort of suspension upgrade (Eibach?). Thanks!
Old 05-07-2002, 06:14 AM
JUVIN's ride

Re: My new Max

Originally posted by 2k2Merlot
Hey everyone. I purchased my 2k2 Maxima SE 6speed, merlot with black leather, Meridian package, Bose, (all options except nav system) about two months ago. I have already racked up over 5k miles on it and absolutely love it! I do have a couple of quick questions however:

1. Does anyone know how to eliminate or adjust the thermostat that regulates the heated seats and steering wheel. I would really like my seats and wheel to heat any time the control is turned on, not just when the thermostat deems it appropriate.

2. My check engine light seems to "glow" at night. In the daytime it cannot be seen, but consistently at night it glows. You can usually make it dim or go out by turning on the a/c, but if you tach up the engine with the a/c on the "glows" again. This seems to indicate some sort of wiring/overcharging problem...but the dealer could not find anything.

Any help with either of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Future mod's include ditching the Pretender tires, probably for Michelin's and some sort of suspension upgrade (Eibach?). Thanks!
Welcome!

At first I thought you were me.HAHA