5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I am beyond ****ed at nissan

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 05:05 PM

Re: Re: Word of Advice!!

Originally posted by Triple8Sol

Hey thanks for that advice. That makes me feel alot better about my upcoming car purchase. I keep hearing all these service horror stories, and haven't heard of any great service dept's around here in Washington. So any Infiniti dealer will work on Nissans? Is it just out of courtesy or are they supposed to?
Yes, any Infiniti dealer should be able to work on your car. After all, Infiniti is nothing but a souped up (and more expensive) Nissan. Try giving them a call next time you go in for service and see what they say. Should have no problems getting your car in for service and be prepared to be quite impressed. At least I was. Good Luck.

Shadou
Old 06-18-2002, 10:49 PM

Infiniti's doing warranty work on Nissans

Ummm, I don't know how you guys are able to convince Infiniti dealers to do warranty and/or recall work on Nissans. I've already tried, twice, a few months apart at Kirkland Infiniti (in WA).

The two closest Nissan dealers to me: Melody's Bellevue and Kirkland Nissan are both out of business. Trust me, I'd much rather go to Kirkland Infiniti, since they're a LOT closer than at Pacific Nissan in Seattle (which didn't do my pedal stopper work right the 1st time).

The Kirkland Infiniti guys told me that they could do the pedal stopper work but couldn't file the warranty claim. They have no problem w/doing work for a fee like out of warranty repairs or maintenance. The 2nd time I called them about the same issue (when it wasn't done right at Pacific) they told me they weren't setup to do it. I've told my story to two Nissan dealers and they said "that's right, just like we can't do warranty work on Infinitis".

When I got my Nissan survey about the 1st time recall work was done, in the comments section, I put down my complaints about the Infiniti vs. Nissan policy and told them to change it cuz (at least in my area) cuz of my problem.

BTW, I even tried to buy touchup paint for my Sterling Mist Maxima, and they looked it up and said it's not an Infiniti color and they couldn't even order it (claiming that their computer won't let them). I ended up going to Younker Nissan in Renton, WA. One more thing, there are only two Infiniti dealers in WA, one in Kirkland, and the other in Spokane (over 250 miles away).
Old 06-18-2002, 11:07 PM

I have always thought that those dirty ***** get away with a lot of stuff.

I HATE dealers (buying and service).
I have a Pathfinder as a spare car and it was time to replace the timing belt and I got a coupon a few weeks earlier for $299 (belt and labor), but threw it out.

I call up the dealer where I bought the truck and get stuck on hold for 5 mintues. hang up and call again, someone hangs up on me. call again and this time I leave it on speaker listening to waiting music for 15minutes and I'm ****ed. I leave it and call on my cellphone and demand I talk to a service manager immediately. One of them gets on and says the work will be $700, I laugh and hangup.
I knew that they'll keep the car for 3 days to get more money.

I call up another Nissan dealership, 1st try boom get the service manager on the line, ask them about the timing belt special and agrees to the price.

I intenally planned to do the work myself, but saw it was going to be a major PITA so I took it over and said I already bought the belts and they took it off the $299 price. I get a call saying the tensioner ($60) needs to be replaced (with is prolly BS), but tell them too anyway (like I had a choice). So I get the car back the next day for $340 compared to double the price at another dealer and had my truck back sooner to boot.