5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

RACE STORIES

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2000 | 03:50 PM

Alright, I made this post so we can all share all of our street or track racing stories...who has everyone beat and lost to...my list is long so check my website.

Alright...I just found out about the forums on Maxima.org...don't know why I didn't know about them before. Anyways...I'm gonna stop posting race stories on Speedoptions and start posting them on here because everyone on there is an a$$hole (not sure if we can swear on this site)...they all think that my car would lose to their Civics...pisses me off...whenever I post a race story, they say I am just bull$hitting. So enough of that...I'll just post on here. The other day I was driving home from work and I saw a silver CL behind me...figured he might want to race since he kept changing lanes with me. So we both turn onto this street and pull up next to each other and start talking. Turns out he has a 2k Max, too and he wanted to see how his CL compared...so we both floored it and to make a long story short, he beat me. I had a 200lb. person in the car and my subs and I am confident that if I didn't have either I could have tied or beaten him. I have killed Acura 3.2CL's, but this is the first type S I had raced.
Old 11-30-2000 | 05:05 PM
QUANSUNG

Originally posted by MrBurner
Alright, I made this post so we can all share all of our street or track racing stories...who has everyone beat and lost to...my list is long so check my website.

Alright...I just found out about the forums on Maxima.org...don't know why I didn't know about them before. Anyways...I'm gonna stop posting race stories on Speedoptions and start posting them on here because everyone on there is an a$$hole (not sure if we can swear on this site)...they all think that my car would lose to their Civics...pisses me off...whenever I post a race story, they say I am just bull$hitting. So enough of that...I'll just post on here. The other day I was driving home from work and I saw a silver CL behind me...figured he might want to race since he kept changing lanes with me. So we both turn onto this street and pull up next to each other and start talking. Turns out he has a 2k Max, too and he wanted to see how his CL compared...so we both floored it and to make a long story short, he beat me. I had a 200lb. person in the car and my subs and I am confident that if I didn't have either I could have tied or beaten him. I have killed Acura 3.2CL's, but this is the first type S I had raced.
do you have an auto or 5speed,a 5speed would be even with a type s an auto would get burned unless modified.
Old 11-30-2000 | 05:10 PM

I have an auto w/ some mods but I had a few hundred lbs. of extra weight in the car. A 5spd. would not be even w/ a 3.2CL Type S (sorry I forgot to mention in the last post but I think it was modified...considering he said he had a modified Maxima)...depending on which mag you read, I've seen type-s's 0-60 time anywhere from 6.0 to 6.7. Maxima 5spd times i've seen from 6.7 to 7.4 and Maxima auto. time I've seen from 7.1 to 8.1. We did not race from a light, we were going about 30 and talking when he told me to floor it. I didn't downshift into 3 or 2 (using the 1/2/D/OD)...I just left it in Drive and floored it.
Old 11-30-2000 | 06:00 PM
QUANSUNG

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrBurner
I have an auto w/ some mods but I had a few hundred lbs. of extra weight in the car. A 5spd. would not be even w/ a 3.2CL Type S (sorry I forgot to mention in the last post but I think it was modified...considering he said he had a modified Maxima)...depending on which mag you read, I've seen type-s's 0-60 time anywhere from 6.0 to 6.7. Maxima 5spd times i've seen from 6.7 to 7.4 and Maxima auto. time I've seen from 7.1 to 8.1. We did not race from a light, we were going about 30 and talking when he told me to floor it. I didn't downshift into 3 or 2 (using the 1/2/D/OD)...I just left it in Drive and floored it. [/QUO]depends on the driver, mags state 1/4 at 15.1 for the 2k max but a guy on this site runs a in the high 14's, i went to your site nissan fixed something for $1000 and it gave you 30 or so hp what exactly did they do, can any nissan tech do it?