5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Question about 2002 Maxima SE

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 07:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Question about 2002 Maxima SE

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new car soon and the 2002 Maxima SE caught my eye. I found on carsdirect.com I can get a 2002 Maxima SE for about the same price as a 2002 Honda Accord EX v6 or a 2002 Toyota Camry. First of all, it seems like the 2002 SE has less standard features than the 2003 SE ... Is this true?

Also, in terms of reliability, it seems like the Accord and Camry get the highest marks. How reliable is the Maxima? I know I'm asking on a Maxima forum so I'm going to get some skewed answers here, but you guys probably know about the common problems on the Maximas much better than most people since you own them!

And finally, is $23,111 a good price for a Maxima SE? That doesnt include taxes, destination, etc and no extra features. I'm thinking about adding the Traction Control which I *think* is the HCL since carsdirect.com doesnt mention it and only has the Traction Control. Is it even possible to add the Traction Control w/o adding a bunch of other options?

Thanks for all of your help. I'm sorry if I've duplicated any questions, but I didn't see too many people talking about prices when I skimmed the first few pages of messages, and I know pricing changes all the time.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Question about 2002 Maxima SE

Some people here love their car, others sound like they hate their cars. I think people love their maximas, but they really dont like Nissan and their ways. Personally I think you have to deal with every car make the same way. I suggest you go and test drive all three if you really dont know. At the end you will have made up your own mind.

The price you have listed sounds pretty good to me. Hope you get all the right options. There are some stripped down Max's out there the dealers will try to pass off on you. Good luck.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: Question about 2002 Maxima SE

Originally posted by dblrr900
Some people here love their car, others sound like they hate their cars. I think people love their maximas, but they really dont like Nissan and their ways. Personally I think you have to deal with every car make the same way. I suggest you go and test drive all three if you really dont know. At the end you will have made up your own mind.

The price you have listed sounds pretty good to me. Hope you get all the right options. There are some stripped down Max's out there the dealers will try to pass off on you. Good luck.
Is there any good reasons that people don't like their Maximas and/or Nissan? Does Nissan have a reputation of bad customer service or something? I'm also in Northern Virginia (Fairfax) so maybe you know a good dealer?

I definitely plan on test driving a few different cars in my price range to see what I really want, but I figured I would do some research on the Maxima before I went since I don't know as much about Maximas as I do about Accords and Camrys

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Maxima fanatics

I think what you see in the Max family (at least on org) is sort of an addictive relationship. While we don't like our dealer (sorry - pun) because the service guys are in business to make money - do as little warranty work as possible, and frown on the mods you put in (many look at them as the reason something went wrong- and this is true sometimes but not for every time you come in poiinting out a Service Bulletin). I think this is true of most other car dealer service shops as well (Toyota, Honda,etc.), but the difference is that most Maxima owners truly LOVE their car. They keep it showroom, pay for mods to give a "different look" from corner clears to stillen body kits. They push the 4 door sedan to its limits with intakes, catbacks, 1542 NOS, anything to street kill those 2 door rods out there. If you are looking for a good 4-door smooth riding sedan with room, nice features, fairly decent stock stereo, and has pickup, then Maxima is a good choice, but so is Accord (I personally wouldn't touch the Camry).. If you want something that also will become an object of pride, attitude and if the sheer vision of late afternoon curvy road twilight cruising and hearing the roar of your engine at 4K through your non-stock intake makes you smile a wistful sort of smile, look very hard at the Maxima. We don't like our service bays but who does. Sorry so long. got on a roll.

Shaydz
Old 06-10-2002, 07:52 PM

Well the choice of which car is right for you can be answer by this very basic question?

1) Do you want a manual transmission with your V6 engine?

If yes, you only have one choice (out of those three). The Maxima. I complain about the little things about it, but overall I think it is one of the best cars in its class. I do like the Accord and new Camry alot though, but they just dont have the sporty pretensions the Maxima does. Plus I owned a 94 Maxima, so its kinda a sentimental thing. I know they are all very reliable, but I think they Toyota and Honda may have the slight edge on us in that department. The Maxima engine/drivetrain seem to be pretty bulletproof, just some of the little things like rotors, MAF sensors, and other minor parts are cheapies. Drive all three and ofcourse decide what is right for you.

2002 Maximas are selling at below invoice (plus a $1000.00 Nissan rebate) so I think you can get the best deal on a Maxima. The 2003 Max isn't any different (well there is a 'titanium edition' but its only some minor trim stuff) than the 2002. 2004 is the year of the rumored redesign.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:59 PM

How did you get such a low quote? When I searched on carsdirect.com back in Jan, the best price I got was ~ $23,800 (with $500 non-negotiable ad/marketing fee).
Old 06-11-2002, 02:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well, right now I'm not very interested in mods, mostly because I don't think I can afford them!

But I do try to have some fun driving my car, and I know I'd enjoy the extra 55hp that the Maxima provides over the Accord. I'm just worried that I will have my car breaking down on me all the time like I do now with my 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

I'm probably not going to go with a manual transmission even though I know I should, one of the reasons being that I don't know how to drive stick, and another being that my daily commute consists of a lot of stop and go traffic where the manual transmission would probably be more of a pain then anything else. I don't know that I'm going to go crazy over performance and 1/4 mile times though, I think its really cool but that just isn't me. I'm just thinking I get some extra performance out of a car that is priced right around the Accord and Camry right now, and as long as the reliability is there, I think its a better deal.

Icelandic Max,

I got a low quote on the 2002 Maxima because the 2003 Maximas are out. Dealers are trying to unload their 2002's so people are getting low quotes on them.
Old 06-11-2002, 03:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

LiQice

I just bought a 02 SE a week ago and I must say I love it. Previously I had supercharged Grand Prix and several 5.0's through the years. This is the first car I've owned that I'm glad I bought. The price you were quoted sounds about right. I paid cost for mine which was fully loaded minus nav. I think the cost for a stock SE is $22,900 so your price is right there. Good Luck
Old 06-11-2002, 06:38 PM

Originally posted by LiQiCE

Icelandic Max,

I got a low quote on the 2002 Maxima because the 2003 Maximas are out. Dealers are trying to unload their 2002's so people are getting low quotes on them.
That's what I thought. you got a great deal there
Old 06-11-2002, 07:23 PM

My wife has a 2002 Camry LE. Great riding car and decent power but not what you want if you are looking for something sporty. Drives almost exactly like a Lexus ES300.

As for the Max, I love mine. Someone else said it best when they said it was an addictive relationship. Its just one of those cars that you look forward to driving every day, even when you've had it for 2 years. I'm on my second Max now.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:20 PM

It's definitely addictive. I've owned 3 of them since 1993, and have had 3 problems with them. Even had one totalled, but I walked away with only whiplash. So now I'm in my new 2002 SE 6 speed, and I must say that I love it. I've got the mod bug, so I've been modding it the best way I know how. I've looked at the Camry and Accord, but hate to think that the trade-in value for it is the same as an Altima (the Max's little brother). As far as the engine and drivetrain are concerned... the Max has got the Camry/Accord beat. Also, you gotta get the top of the line models to get a V6 for the Camry/Accord, and that'll get ya features that you may not want (BOSE system, Auto-inflating/deflating air shocks, etc). As far as price is concerned, you're in the right ball park. And as for features... compare the standard features on the Max vs. the Camry/Accord. Power locks, power windows, A/C.... all standard. If you really wanna compare a car to the Camry/Accord, compare it to the Altima. As for the Max, it's one step (and a big one) above the Camry/Accord. In the end, it's up to you, but I've personally owned 3 Max's, and hated the 3 years that I drove a Cadillac (wanted my totalled Max back). Good luck on your car buying experience.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:52 PM

don't test drive the Max, otherwise you'll get hooked and blame us.
Old 06-12-2002, 01:33 AM

Reliability is NOT a problem with Maximas. The only questionable quality is the paint, which has a tendency to chip very easily. Otherwise, nothing to worry about.
Old 06-12-2002, 02:29 AM

How does a 240-hp Honda Accord sound? Sounds really good to me. I have an 2002 Maxima SE and I wish I had waited. The Maxima has very poor paint and glass, poor ergonomics, and other quality issues. So if you can wait until September, take a look at the Accord first.
Old 06-12-2002, 03:18 AM

Originally posted by Mystical2k2SE
How does a 240-hp Honda Accord sound? Sounds really good to me. I have an 2002 Maxima SE and I wish I had waited. The Maxima has very poor paint and glass, poor ergonomics, and other quality issues. So if you can wait until September, take a look at the Accord first.
Got torque?
Old 06-12-2002, 03:38 AM

I still haven't had the problems with paint others have. But as far as being stranded on the side of the road, don't worry about it. Everything I have read, and from some friends and coworkers, is that they all have had great luck with their Maximas and swear by them.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:10 AM

Originally posted by Hobert
I still haven't had the problems with paint others have.
Me either. Sure, I've got a paint chip here and there, but Its no more than I have had with other types of cars. Speaking of the Camry, I have never seen a car aquire more rock chips than my wife's car. The last time I washed it for her I counted 12 chips just on the front bumper and hood and it only has 9000 miles on it. Of course a lot of it has to do with were you drive it. About 90% of her driving is on the Interstates since she is a travelling Sales Rep.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:19 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

...I'm just worried that I will have my car breaking down on me all the time like I do now with my 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse....
NO comparison...do the required stuff and you should be relatively problem free. Just remember driving habits dictate $$$ spent repairing broken parts. If you are a "normal" driver..you should be fine.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:06 AM

Re: Re: Re: Question about 2002 Maxima SE

Is there any good reasons that people don't like their Maximas and/or Nissan? Does Nissan have a reputation of bad customer service or something? I'm also in Northern Virginia (Fairfax) so maybe you know a good dealer?

I definitely plan on test driving a few different cars in my price range to see what I really want, but I figured I would do some research on the Maxima before I went since I don't know as much about Maximas as I do about Accords and Camrys

Thanks!
i'm in Northern Virginia also. i bought my 2k max from Rosenthal Nissan on Leesburg Pike (Rt 7). your quote sounds great, 3k to 4k less than mine and yours is 2 years newer.

Rosenthal wasn't too bad. didn't like Pallone Nissan on Backlick Rd. at all (they were *******s to me and my dad). and one dealership out past Woodbridge, the salesman didn't know half the options on the car. but i guess it all depends on the salespeople you get.

i kind of wanted to test drive other cars before i got my max, but once i kept looking at it, no other car stayed in the picture. i had tunnel vision with it you could say . .
Old 06-12-2002, 10:03 AM

I'm in the market right now and I have had two dealers offer me very good prices - both are 6 speeds with a roof. The Sterling Mist quote I got is $22,500 and the Majestic Blue was $22,900. I think I'm going with the Majestic because I love the color. By the way, this is in STL.

Happy buying!

Trevor
Old 06-12-2002, 10:13 AM

I'm on my second Max in 2 years. I've had very minor chipping, but I just account it to normal wear and tear. No mechanical problems, so therefore no dealer issues. You definately get more for the money on a Maxima! Drive all three and let the car speak for itself!
Old 06-12-2002, 10:41 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Question about 2002 Maxima SE

Originally posted by VTblckmax

i'm in Northern Virginia also. i bought my 2k max from Rosenthal Nissan on Leesburg Pike (Rt 7). your quote sounds great, 3k to 4k less than mine and yours is 2 years newer.

another northern va resident. bought from Browns Nissan Fairfax, had to fight with them, but i think i got a good price - 25200 (just under invoice). haven't been back for service from them since i bought it - haven't had any problems.
Old 06-12-2002, 11:10 AM

We're on our third Maxima (and third Altima) ... apart from buying the cars in the first place, I've only been back to the dealership twice and both times were with the '00 GXE (warped rotors and check engine light). No probs with the 2K2 and I drive it pretty hard.

BTW, I have bought from both Brown's Fairfax and Rosenthal. I got scammed big time by Browns so I won't go back to the Fairfax store, but the Brown's Sterling store (off Rt. 28 behind CarMax) has been great the two times I've dealt with them (helping a co-worker buy a loaded 2K2 GLE for $25700, and ordering replacement taillight thru their parts dept where they even beat a discounted internet price).

BTW, I got my 2K2 SE auto (4-pc splash guards and floor mats only) for $22,424 ($1487 under invoice, incl. the $500 rebate back in December). It took a lot of haggling, and we had even already agreed on $500 under invoice over the phone before I even walked in the door.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by Creature
We're on our third Maxima (and third Altima) ... apart from buying the cars in the first place, I've only been back to the dealership twice and both times were with the '00 GXE (warped rotors and check engine light). No probs with the 2K2 and I drive it pretty hard.

BTW, I have bought from both Brown's Fairfax and Rosenthal. I got scammed big time by Browns so I won't go back to the Fairfax store, but the Brown's Sterling store (off Rt. 28 behind CarMax) has been great the two times I've dealt with them (helping a co-worker buy a loaded 2K2 GLE for $25700, and ordering replacement taillight thru their parts dept where they even beat a discounted internet price).

BTW, I got my 2K2 SE auto (4-pc splash guards and floor mats only) for $22,424 ($1487 under invoice, incl. the $500 rebate back in December). It took a lot of haggling, and we had even already agreed on $500 under invoice over the phone before I even walked in
the door.
Hey thanks so much, will definitely have to check out Rosenthal and Brown's Sterling ... Brown's Sterling isn't too far from my new townhouse so I'll be checking them out first. Any particular person you can recommend there?
Old 06-13-2002, 04:45 AM
john2002max

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new car soon and the 2002 Maxima SE caught my eye. I found on carsdirect.com I can get a 2002 Maxima SE for about the same price as a 2002 Honda Accord EX v6 or a 2002 Toyota Camry. First of all, it seems like the 2002 SE has less standard features than the 2003 SE ... Is this true?

Also, in terms of reliability, it seems like the Accord and Camry get the highest marks. How reliable is the Maxima? I know I'm asking on a Maxima forum so I'm going to get some skewed answers here, but you guys probably know about the common problems on the Maximas much better than most people since you own them!

And finally, is $23,111 a good price for a Maxima SE? That doesnt include taxes, destination, etc and no extra features. I'm thinking about adding the Traction Control which I *think* is the HCL since carsdirect.com doesnt mention it and only has the Traction Control. Is it even possible to add the Traction Control w/o adding a bunch of other options?

Thanks for all of your help. I'm sorry if I've duplicated any questions, but I didn't see too many people talking about prices when I skimmed the first few pages of messages, and I know pricing changes all the time.
If you like sportiness and performance you can't touch the max with the other two cars! All 3 are very reliable and you can't go wrong with any of the 3. But the 02 Max is an awsome performance sedan, If thats what your into, Max SE would be the best choice. I love mine!

Old 06-13-2002, 05:14 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Anybody know about the Traction Control? Is that in fact the HLSD? Thats the only option on the carsdirect.com web page and I didn't know if they were one in the same or completely different. I know in actuality they're different, but I thought maybe carsdirect.com just put down the wrong name for the option...

Also, does anyone know if I can get JUST HLSD as an option, w/o having to add tons of stuff like the sunroof, and bose audio?

Thanks!

UPDATE: OOOPS! Just figured out TCS is for Autos and HLSD is for Manuals
Old 06-13-2002, 06:08 AM

Hi,

All I know is this. I owned and still do a 94 v6 black Le toyota camry. I'm 28 yrs old father of two little ones. So my choices for cars were limited. I purchased my camry and loved it. Never thought of leaving toyota until I saw the new camry come out.I didn't like the new look at all. I went and test drove priced and almost had my mind made up. I was still looking for more power from a V6 engine. At this time the max was at 222 ponies at the time or something like that. So I waited and test drove the max with the 255hp V6 3.5 litre engine and "oh my god". I would never by another toyota again. I love my 94 but even with the mods I have on it(CAI, exhaust,header) and what I could do to it could never and will never compare to my max with no mods. Very reliable the camry is but, if you want performace for you money you might as well go and purchase the max. V6 engine is standard and don't forget when compared to the toyota line up the max is often compared to the even more expensive less equiped Avalon. The camry is more on the line of the altima now and which one of those would you rather have?? Or should I even asked. Good luck with your decision
Old 06-13-2002, 06:29 AM

Don't listen to these guys. Wait until the new Accord V6 comes out before making any hasty decisions. The new sedan will be better looking, better handling, and about as fast as a Maxima with auto. If you absolutely have to have a Nissan, stick with the G35. I still say wait for the Accord though.
Old 06-13-2002, 06:32 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Don't listen to these guys. Wait until the new Accord V6 comes out before making any hasty decisions. It will be better looking, better handling, and about as fast as a Maxima with auto. If you absolutely have to have a Nissan, stick with the G35. I still say wait for the Accord though.
Well, I'd really like to wait for the Accord, but I doubt I can afford the new 2003 Accord. I'm assuming the V6 240HP Accord LX will start somewhere around $24-25 right? The Maxima 2002 SE at $23 is probably my limit. My car is really starting to fall apart, although I guess it would be a good idea to wait for the Accord.. hmm, decisions decisions

The G35, while being really really nice is way out of my price range. If I could afford a G35, I think I'd be looking at the CL/TL Type S ...

BTW- Thank-you for the honest answer though. It is good to see Maxima lovers that are still considering other options.
Old 06-13-2002, 06:57 AM

Well, I'd really like to wait for the Accord, but I doubt I can afford the new 2003 Accord. I'm assuming the V6 240HP Accord LX will start somewhere around $24-25 right? The Maxima 2002 SE at $23 is probably my limit. My car is really starting to fall apart, although I guess it would be a good idea to wait for the Accord.. hmm, decisions decisions

The G35, while being really really nice is way out of my price range. If I could afford a G35, I think I'd be looking at the CL/TL Type S ...
The Accord V6 is the most affordable Japanese mid-sized V6 on the market. You can get the current model fully loaded for about $24K, maybe less. That's with everything. You're talking about a $1000 difference between a fully loaded Accord and a bare bones Maxima. I know I don't have to tell you that the Accord is a better deal in that scenario. More features, much better resale value.

As for the price of the new Accords, Honda will keep it around the same as the current model. That's the main reason why the Accord has been on top for so long- value. You should be able to get a fully loaded 2003 Accord EX V6 Sedan for about $25-26K. That's with 240 hp, leather, Nav, 6-disc in dash with premium sound, yada yada yada. The LX should be around $23K.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

The Accord V6 is the most affordable Japanese mid-sized V6 on the market. You can get the current model fully loaded for about $24K, maybe less. That's with everything. You're talking about a $1000 difference between a fully loaded Accord and a bare bones Maxima. I know I don't have to tell you that the Accord is a better deal in that scenario. More features, much better resale value.

As for the price of the new Accords, Honda will keep it around the same as the current model. That's the main reason why the Accord has been on top for so long- value. You should be able to get a fully loaded 2003 Accord EX V6 Sedan for about $25-26K. That's with 240 hp, leather, Nav, 6-disc in dash with premium sound, yada yada yada. The LX should be around $23K.
Hmmm, any idea when the new Accord is going to come out? I'm guessing September/October timeframe maybe?
Old 06-13-2002, 07:21 AM

Hmmm, any idea when the new Accord is going to come out? I'm guessing September/October timeframe maybe?
You guessed right. They're due to hit the dealerships in September. I'm kicking myself for not waiting for it, and the 350Z/G35 Coupe. I'll see how things pan out in a year for the Maxima. If Nismo comes out with a turbo kit for the 350Z/G35, or I fall in love with the new Accord Coupe with 240hp and 6-spd manual, the Maxima's history. I got $4K worth of equity in the Max, so trading it in should be a cinch.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:21 AM

Hey thanks so much, will definitely have to check out Rosenthal and Brown's Sterling ... Brown's Sterling isn't too far from my new townhouse so I'll be checking them out first. Any particular person you can recommend there?
Nope, sorry, don't have a name anymore. But a good place to start is by checking out www.passportnissanva.com and finding the car you want in their inventory, taking their "On-Line Price" (which doesn't include the $1000 rebate) and go to Rosenthal or Brown's Sterling with that figure in hand (print off the page if you want to). Use that as a starting point and tell them to come down even more off of that to get your business. Not only does it save time getting down to the price you want (and I actually had 3 dealerships competing for my business before I even stepped foot in a door) but it guarantees that you'll get a lower price than walking in and starting at MSRP.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:53 PM

Yeah, just go through the internet sales manager. You should be able to get a decent price via email.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:36 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

No one seems to be paying attention to Chinkzilla's comment: "Got Torque?" While the new Honda Accord may have 240HP, it still won't be able to touch the down low punch of the VQ series engine of the Maxima.

Nissan seems like the only Japanese car company today that actually makes 'very' torquey engines. Just think if they had the displacement of an american car to work with .

In my opinion Nissan is an engine company first, a car company second. No car company can touch the all around power and smoothness of the VQ. Ever since 1995 when Nissan first introduced the VQ series engine magazines have been praising it. Do some research and you'll find out why it has been on Wards top 10 engines list ever since '95.

Bottom line is, if you want neck snapping performance around the city with smooth strong power on the highway, get the Maxima. If you want a torqueless wonder, get a Hon-DUH.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:05 AM

Originally posted by Craig Mack
No one seems to be paying attention to Chinkzilla's comment: "Got Torque?" While the new Honda Accord may have 240HP, it still won't be able to touch the down low punch of the VQ series engine of the Maxima.

Nissan seems like the only Japanese car company today that actually makes 'very' torquey engines. Just think if they had the displacement of an american car to work with .

In my opinion Nissan is an engine company first, a car company second. No car company can touch the all around power and smoothness of the VQ. Ever since 1995 when Nissan first introduced the VQ series engine magazines have been praising it. Do some research and you'll find out why it has been on Wards top 10 engines list ever since '95.

Bottom line is, if you want neck snapping performance around the city with smooth strong power on the highway, get the Maxima. If you want a torqueless wonder, get a Hon-DUH.
Thank you for a minute I thought this was a Hon-duh forum. There is nothing wrong with honesty but the facts are the facts are the facts. There isn't any car in the same price range that can out perform the maxima. If you find it let me know and I'll trade my 02 in and take the loss. I myself was very bias. I never in my life liked hon-duh's. There engines all just sound so crappy. I've been a toyota man since I could drive. I wanted to purchase the new camry when it came out but , toyota cannot produce a V6 engine with the power of the max for the same dollar. I was left with looking to purchase the alteeza at the time. When it came to the states as the stripped down IS300. I could have spent 33k dollars on a car that is much smaller and still does match the pwr of the maxima. So performance for your dollar is the question. If you want to go and spend 28k to 33k dollars on a car go right ahead and I'll see you one day as I pass you and look in my rear view and think to my self why did he spend so much on such a slow a-zz car. TY to all maxima lovers.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:30 AM

Jeez guys, sorry for expecting more than a torquery engine for $30,000. The crappy paint, lack of independent rear suspension, lack of refinement in the interior, and any other quality issues just aren't important. My bad

You know it's funny how you guys knock Honda engines. The TL-S engine has more hp and slightly less torque than the '02 Max, yet runs about the same 1/4 mile and 0-60 time with an automatic. It gets better mileage too. Can someone explain that to me?
Old 06-14-2002, 11:23 AM

Jeez guys, sorry for expecting more than a torquery engine for $30,000. The crappy paint, lack of independent rear suspension, lack of refinement in the interior, and any other quality issues just aren't important. My bad

You know it's funny how you guys knock Honda engines. The TL-S engine has more hp and slightly less torque than the '02 Max, yet runs about the same 1/4 mile and 0-60 time with an automatic. It gets better mileage too. Can someone explain that to me?
Honda's are just as reliable, very nice looking cars. I personally couldn't bring myself to purchase one. When I purchased my 94 V6 camry I was looking at the honda and the maxima. In the end the almighty dollar ruled. When I purchased my 02 max for 23k I walked out of the dealer ship with a life time oil change for as long as I own the car, a free extend warranty with the road side assitance and all the other crap and 255 ponies under my right foot. I don't doubt that honda is capable of manufacturing a car that can compete with the max but give it to me for under 23k then you can holla back at me son!