5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

has anyone else thot of this???

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2000, 06:08 AM

when i first got the 5th gen max i always thot the roofline was too high. made the car look like a van from 100ft away.. then i looked real closely wat pioneer's pic. i put my hand over the top of the car. wouldn't the max look real nice if you dropped the roofline 3 inches just the roof and everything stayed the same??? without lowering the cars suspension. dunno or is it just me?? and get rid of all that chrome trim around the window and make it nickle.. that's what iwana do next. change the trim.. well not next but i'm sure i'll do it some day just havn't come down to doing it in the past.

topic 2:
anyone see know of aero gear or something for the lexus gs series?? my friend has it, the wind deflector is real thin, doesn't stick out much and the b pillar is carbon fiber. it's part of the wind deflector..not surei you all undertand but that woudl be the only wind deflector i'de get for my ride if they made it.. or shal i make that myself too.???
Old 09-05-2000, 06:32 AM

Originally posted by mingo
when i first got the 5th gen max i always thot the roofline was too high. made the car look like a van from 100ft away.. then i looked real closely wat pioneer's pic. i put my hand over the top of the car.
SO what U trying to say? My car looks like a MiniVan? I know I need to drop it. Man U R making it painfully Obvious.. hahahahaha
Old 09-05-2000, 06:37 AM

a van with wheels tho..

no no no you took it the wrong way.. even if you lowered your car i'de still think it might look like a minivan, but just a lowered minivan. i'm sayin' what makes it look like a minivan is it's roofline is sooo high and the car is like a carved up tissue box. i guess the word sleak is what i'm looking for.. gotta make the max more sleek. maybe it's just cuz i'm from california. we got the whole chop roofed top thing started. that's where the TT came from.. they chopped the roof of teh bug and slapped on diff lights and sold it for a billion times the price.
Old 09-05-2000, 06:44 AM

Ohyeah I'm just kidding man. I think if they lower the seats in the maxima they can use a lower roof line. b/c when my G/F drives my the car she sits real close to the steering wheel so she can get the clutch right and looks like her head is a lot closer to the roof then I am. I think thats b/c the seats are too high. thats what I think, Lower the front seats and lower the roofline. and if U notice next time.. if U sit closer to the front, the sunroof is actually behind U not under U. that kinda sucks. I'm not that tall but still I can sit pritty far back to drive. but for those short people that would suck.. make them feel like the car is behind then and they are not in the center, meaning the sunroof is behind them and all and when U drive next to them looks like they are sitting 1/2 say up in the front window. if U know what I'm talking about, man Its early and I'm just talking now.. Not much action going on today. COMON Where's everyone at?
Old 09-05-2000, 07:50 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

We're working!
Old 09-05-2000, 08:30 AM

hella happy

yeahhhi just bought myself a cefiro grill, it's made outa plastic but it's chrome and looks real classy.. nice and simple. it's the 2000cc gill so the grill goes horizontally not like the infinitys how they are vertical.. hahaha it won't fit but i bought ith ahahah, gonna customize it so it fits.. muhaahhahaha. only 700 bucks NT so that's 20 something bucks hahahaa. hella happy... if it wont' fit i'll just mount it on my wall... yippie.. hahaha. ok i'm trippin'.

hey pioneer i'm reall short.. but it's okay. i dont' sit in the middle of the window tho because my seats are reclined. i sit exactly where the b pillar is so if i rest my head on the head rest i see thru the front of the rear window. but when i'm driving you can see half of my tiny face from the back of the front window.(the back half of me is behind the b pillar) i'm also probably gonna get the cefiro e-brake handle and vinyl boot. depending on how much it cost.. muh ah ah hahaha.. i'm such a poser, stuffin' parts from other car onto my max..
Old 09-05-2000, 08:47 AM

Re: hella happy

Originally posted by mingo
yeahhhi just bought myself a cefiro grill, it's made outa plastic but it's chrome and looks real classy..
Let me know if that thing fits. U got any pics? or do I have to go to that Jap site again and try to figure out what the links mean?
Old 09-05-2000, 08:57 AM

Whats the site to see this grill?

nm
Old 09-05-2000, 09:34 AM

click away man

i have no clue where u'll get a pic of the grill. just type cefiro and see what you find on the internet.. NOTE: the grill is from the previous cefiro not present day ones. it looks nice.. ha ha haaaa... i have a feeling that i gotta do some fiber glassing.