5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Potenza balancing problems....help????

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 07:22 AM

Potenza balancing problems....help????

These stock tires are garbage and I should just dump them, but the price tag on the Michelins is just out of reach at the moment. I have been to three places (ntb twice + firestone) trying to get rid of a vibration that starts right around 65. I called the nissan dealer who said to bring it to a bridgestone dealer for tire warranty service. The firestone/bridgestone service center said the tires are balanced and are fine. I don't think I ever hit anything that would have warped a wheel. I imagine I'd remember hitting anything that hard. Is it possible that the tires have just worn unevenly and the dealer doesn't want to replace them. Has anyone ever gotten tire warranty service? Its going back to the bridgestone dealer tomorrow.

I suppose the kids could go shoeless for a while in favor of dad's new tires.
Old 06-23-2002, 10:37 AM
BuddyWh

Re: Potenza balancing problems....help????

Originally posted by Cwa232
These stock tires are garbage and I should just dump them, but the price tag on the Michelins is just out of reach at the moment. I have been to three places (ntb twice + firestone) trying to get rid of a vibration that starts right around 65. I called the nissan dealer who said to bring it to a bridgestone dealer for tire warranty service. The firestone/bridgestone service center said the tires are balanced and are fine. I don't think I ever hit anything that would have warped a wheel. I imagine I'd remember hitting anything that hard. Is it possible that the tires have just worn unevenly and the dealer doesn't want to replace them. Has anyone ever gotten tire warranty service? Its going back to the bridgestone dealer tomorrow.

OK... this ain't an ad... the idea of shoeless kids just unnerved me.

Find a tire store that has a Hunter GSP9700 tire balancing system. Actually, Hunter calls it a "vehicle vibration control" system.

This machine will let them track down the source of the vibration and help them to compensate for it if it is a bad tire or wheel... or just a combination of the two.

Check out the site, it explains how the system works and how they should use it. I think they even have a locator for a tire store or service center near you that is so equipped.

BuddyWh

Old 06-23-2002, 12:38 PM

Re: Re: Potenza balancing problems....help????

Originally posted by BuddyWh

OK... this ain't an ad... the idea of shoeless kids just unnerved me.

Find a tire store that has a Hunter GSP9700 tire balancing system. Actually, Hunter calls it a "vehicle vibration control" system.

This machine will let them track down the source of the vibration and help them to compensate for it if it is a bad tire or wheel... or just a combination of the two.

Check out the site, it explains how the system works and how they should use it. I think they even have a locator for a tire store or service center near you that is so equipped.

BuddyWh
I checked out the web site and there's actually a Ford dealer about a mile from my house that has one. I'll see if I can get the wheels balanced this week. Thank you.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:07 PM

I also have a Maxima that I bought about a month ago. I have a bout 2000 miles on it and lately when I go about 70-80 MPH, I feel vibrations through the steering wheel and I can see the hood vibrating like crazy. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow. I will let you know if they fix the problem and what they did to fix it.
Old 06-23-2002, 06:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a 2002 SE with the exact same problem. I have had it back at the dealer three times. The service manager was engaged on the last trip. You will not believe what comes next...... The service manager has agreed to install 4 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires on Monday. No kidding...no charge! I am in complete shock.
Old 06-24-2002, 07:03 AM

Originally posted by phonomax

I have a 2002 SE with the exact same problem. I have had it back at the dealer three times. The service manager was engaged on the last trip. You will not believe what comes next...... The service manager has agreed to install 4 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires on Monday. No kidding...no charge! I am in complete shock.

WHOA I have this same problem! Phonomax I noticed you are from GA, what dealer are you going to? I want to get this fixed soon.
Old 06-24-2002, 07:13 AM

Originally posted by phonomax

are you sure he is going to give you pilot a/s for free and make you sure you have the right size for your wheel.
as of today I can't find any 225/50/17 for pilot a/s, I have look at different tires store and none of them can't sell me any.