5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Crazy Dealer Stroy (Long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 12:35 PM

Crazy Dealer Stroy (Long)

Ok so I take my car in which is 1 month old now for some problems with the weather stripping on the windshield which the dealer did not fix on the last visit. Somehow it is starting to peel back. I also took it in to try and get that BOSE rattle fixed and a few other minor things like the trunk rattling everytime I go over a bump.
So this young punk a$$ service manager tells me that it will take the whole day and that I should make arrangements to somehow get home. I look at him with the coldest stare and tell him that he better get me a loaner since I drove an hour to get here. I also reserved a loaner car when I made my appointment but he gives me some BS story about how they are only for customers who pay for services. I was like WTF. He tells me that its not his problem and that I should rent a car and just walks away.
I was like screw you and I went into the sales department to talk to my salesman about it. I tell him the whole story and he's like hold on one minute. So I wait there thinking that he was going to give me some BS answer but instead he pulls around to the front of the dealership with a brand new 3.5SE Altima with 22 miles on it. He just hands me the keys and tells me not to worry about what the service deparmtment says. He then tells me to check if there is any gas in it and there was none of course. To my suprise he whips out a $10 bill from his pocket and says that this should cover me to get home.
I was like am I really at a Nissan dealership or Infiniti. He then gives me a call this afternoon and totally apologizes about the situation. He even tells me that he is sending some freebees in the mail and that he will check on my car and make sure everything is done right. I was in a total daze.

So yeah if you want great sales then goto Gerald Nissan in Naperville. I just hate their service department though. They're just plain rude and arrogant. If anyone knows a better service department in the Chicago area PLEASE let me know. Sorry to make this so long but I just thought it was a cool story. I just wish the service was as good as the sales.

Sid
Old 06-24-2002, 12:39 PM

you are a f*cking liar!!!

just kidding man....

pretty unbelievable story though
Old 06-24-2002, 12:50 PM

Re: Crazy Dealer Stroy (Long)

Originally posted by SHPatel
Ok so I take my car in which is 1 month old now for some problems with the weather stripping on the windshield which the dealer did not fix on the last visit. Somehow it is starting to peel back. I also took it in to try and get that BOSE rattle fixed and a few other minor things like the trunk rattling everytime I go over a bump.
So this young punk a$$ service manager tells me that it will take the whole day and that I should make arrangements to somehow get home. I look at him with the coldest stare and tell him that he better get me a loaner since I drove an hour to get here. I also reserved a loaner car when I made my appointment but he gives me some BS story about how they are only for customers who pay for services. I was like WTF. He tells me that its not his problem and that I should rent a car and just walks away.
I was like screw you and I went into the sales department to talk to my salesman about it. I tell him the whole story and he's like hold on one minute. So I wait there thinking that he was going to give me some BS answer but instead he pulls around to the front of the dealership with a brand new 3.5SE Altima with 22 miles on it. He just hands me the keys and tells me not to worry about what the service deparmtment says. He then tells me to check if there is any gas in it and there was none of course. To my suprise he whips out a $10 bill from his pocket and says that this should cover me to get home.
I was like am I really at a Nissan dealership or Infiniti. He then gives me a call this afternoon and totally apologizes about the situation. He even tells me that he is sending some freebees in the mail and that he will check on my car and make sure everything is done right. I was in a total daze.

So yeah if you want great sales then goto Gerald Nissan in Naperville. I just hate their service department though. They're just plain rude and arrogant. If anyone knows a better service department in the Chicago area PLEASE let me know. Sorry to make this so long but I just thought it was a cool story. I just wish the service was as good as the sales.

Sid
That is an amazing story! I have had just opposite experience with my dealer. I have never been happy with my sales department (don't care that I just purchased my 4th Maxima from them), but the service department is awesome. I have never had them create a new problem when I bring in the car and they always keep their promises. I keep buying from my dealer because of the service department and the service manager (a great person and a total car enthusiast). And yes, they are in the Chicago burbs... Arlington Nissan in Buffalo Grove (NW burbs). Don't know if that works for you.
Old 06-24-2002, 02:59 PM

Re: Re: Crazy Dealer Stroy (Long)

Originally posted by carguyrob

That is an amazing story! I have had just opposite experience with my dealer. I have never been happy with my sales department (don't care that I just purchased my 4th Maxima from them), but the service department is awesome. I have never had them create a new problem when I bring in the car and they always keep their promises. I keep buying from my dealer because of the service department and the service manager (a great person and a total car enthusiast). And yes, they are in the Chicago burbs... Arlington Nissan in Buffalo Grove (NW burbs). Don't know if that works for you.
Yeah I was actually going to buy from that dealer but this jacka$$ paid no attention to me cuz he thought I was to to young to afford the car. I'm glad to hear that they have good service though. I'll definitely try them next time since I live in the Schaumburg Area.
Old 06-24-2002, 03:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Crazy Dealer Stroy (Long)

Originally posted by SHPatel

Yeah I was actually going to buy from that dealer but this jacka$$ paid no attention to me cuz he thought I was to to young to afford the car. I'm glad to hear that they have good service though. I'll definitely try them next time since I live in the Schaumburg Area.
Ask for Kane (the Service Mgr) and tell him that Rob with the '02 Maxima sent you. He knows me as I have been coming there with my last 4 cars now!
Old 06-24-2002, 03:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Crazy Dealer Stroy (Long)

Originally posted by carguyrob

Ask for Kane (the Service Mgr) and tell him that Rob with the '02 Maxima sent you. He knows me as I have been coming there with my last 4 cars now!
Thanks Rob I'll do that.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:04 AM

Just took my 2K2 SE to Woodfield Nissan yesterday to get her first oil change and it went pretty smoothly. My parents bought a Nissan from Glendale Nissan (IL) and they hated the service dept. Arlington Nissan is actually closer to my work, so maybe I'll give them a shot next time. Thanks for the info guys
Old 06-25-2002, 10:51 AM

That used to happen to me at the BMW dealer when I would bring in my Z3. They would either say there was no loaners, or try to put me in some POS rental car. I told them that I didnt buy a BMW to be riding around in some tin can rental, and I refused it until they gave me a BMW loaner. After a few times they learned that I wouldnt take anything other than a BMW loaner, and never had any problems after that..