5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Latest on turbo and SC systems for VQ35s

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 09:30 AM

Latest on turbo and SC systems for VQ35s

I know there has been many posts on SCs for '02+ Maximas, etc., but I just got off the phone with HKS and Vortech and thought I'd post the latest.

HKS says they have no plans for developing a turbo system for Nissan's VQ35 platform. Vortech said the same thing. Even after describing the synergies such a system would offer Maxima, G35 and 350Z customers, the sales scribes could only tell me that they don't know of anything in the works.

Please post if you know of anything different.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:33 AM

Re: Latest on turbo and SC systems for VQ35s

Originally posted by srogers
I know there has been many posts on SCs for '02+ Maximas, etc., but I just got off the phone with HKS and Vortech and thought I'd post the latest.

HKS says they have no plans for developing a turbo system for Nissan's VQ35 platform. Vortech said the same thing. Even after describing the synergies such a system would offer Maxima, G35 and 350Z customers, the sales scribes could only tell me that they don't know of anything in the works.

Most sales departments know nothing. Try contacting support(the folks that handle the technical questions).
Old 06-25-2002, 09:41 AM

Re: Re: Latest on turbo and SC systems for VQ35s

I know that's generally the case, but these sales people seemed fairly knowledgeable. The guy at HKS spoke of the system that they are developing for the Civic, etc. My experience has been that manufacturers try to keep the sales people in the loop to feed the customers carrots so they call back.

I'm aware that there are other posts out there that talk of custom systems for '02+ Maxima SCs, but I am primarily interested in initiatives developed by major manufacturers.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:04 AM

Re: Re: Re: Latest on turbo and SC systems for VQ35s

I know that's generally the case, but these sales people seemed fairly knowledgeable. The guy at HKS spoke of the system that they are developing for the Civic, etc. My experience has been that manufacturers try to keep the sales people in the loop to feed the customers carrots so they call back.

I'm aware that there are other posts out there that talk of custom systems for '02+ Maxima SCs, but I am primarily interested in initiatives developed by major manufacturers.

same here... if its not backed by a warranty, then i dont want it
Old 06-25-2002, 11:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Latest on turbo and SC systems for VQ35s

Originally posted by 20 MAXIMA 02

same here... if its not backed by a warranty, then i dont want it
I didn't know that Stillen had a warrantee....

Actually I remember a post where people where complaining about them not backing their products.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:30 AM

I heard the same. Stillen didn't honor there warranty. What a shame.
Old 06-25-2002, 01:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Latest on turbo and SC systems for VQ35s

Josh (4th gen Maxima) said he was going to get the 350Z and was certain that Nismo was going to produce an SC for the 350Z. If it will fit the Z, it should be possible to make it work on any VQ35 engine, I'd guess.

I'm not sure how he knows the Nismo will produce one, but he wasn't bs-ing and seemed to have some knowledge about the Nissan scene. He also said Stillen was making an SC for the 350Z too.
Old 06-25-2002, 03:48 PM

Everyone and their mother will be making stuff for the 350z, lucky 2k2 guys your gonna get all of the good stuff.
Old 06-25-2002, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by 00MAXIST
Everyone and their mother will be making stuff for the 350z, lucky 2k2 guys your gonna get all of the good stuff.
Most of the engine stuff should work for the Maxima with VQ35DE, but cosmetic, brace, interior stuff won't.
Old 06-25-2002, 04:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The engine is fit under the hood differently. I don't think everything is going to transfer over like you guys think. Remember the Z motor is sitting 90 Deg opposite what the Max is. Call me negative, but I expect nothing for the max to come from Stillen or Nismo.
Old 06-25-2002, 05:08 PM
lcf

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Latest on turbo and SC systems for VQ35s

Originally posted by dblrr900

I didn't know that Stillen had a warrantee....

Actually I remember a post where people where complaining about them not backing their products.
stillen doesnt warranty the sc kit because they just put it together. they didnt manufacture it. the blower is made by vortech and they warranty it. the problems that a lot of .org members have is they have to take the blower out and send it to vortech for them to check it out.

unless youre proficient in mechanics enough to install and take out the s/c yourself youre going to have to pay someone to do it for you. it costs quite a bit of money. vortech will not pay for the cost of taking out the blower.

i think it was Deac. he paid to have the blower taken out and sent it to vortech. they checked it out and allegedly "repaired" it and sent it back to him. Deac paid someone again to put the blower in again. the problem was still there and when Deac contacted vortech again they said to send it in again. they refused to pay for the labor for taking the blower out.