5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Got Blown Away, I am ****ED!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 04:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Got Blown Away, I am ****ED!

Hello, I am very new to the scene with no car knowledge. I have a 2001 gxe auto. I have installed a kn air filter and ordered a air intake sysytem. What should be my next move. I want to get a bigger exhaust but donnot want my car to sound like a motorcycle. What is the normal price range for this and can anyone suggest other mods that can be done without messing my car up?

Thanx
Old 06-25-2002, 04:18 PM

Re: Got Blown Away, I am ****ED!

Originally posted by kingmaximus
Hello, I am very new to the scene with no car knowledge. I have a 2001 gxe auto. I have installed a kn air filter and ordered a air intake sysytem. What should be my next move. I want to get a bigger exhaust but donnot want my car to sound like a motorcycle. What is the normal price range for this and can anyone suggest other mods that can be done without messing my car up?

Thanx
so how did you get blown away?
Old 06-25-2002, 04:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

somehow....this is the third message that I reply today about using search feature.

here, let me help u this time and promise me to use search next time?

a good way to increase the flow of engine fart is to replace the y pipe with an aftermarket one. The stock y pipe is environment friendly and very restrictive with its pre-cats. A aftermarket y-pipe is a one straight flow pipe and with stock muffler, it will not sound like a rice rocket. The y pipe replacement itself is a 10hp to the wheel. unless u dun wanna a nice talk with ur date while driving, replacing the muffler to something like greddy evo will add nother 5 horsies.

Thanx
Old 06-25-2002, 04:26 PM

Thanx
#1 Why did you buy a k&n air filter if you are gonna replace the stock intake with an "air intake system" which you probably mean a CAI or short air intake (CAI is cold air intake).

#2 Greddy EVO is best cat-back exhaust and its 550-600.

#3 your next move should be to return the K&N filter since the CAI should come with one (such as a place racing CAI from custommaxima.com)

#4 you will not get full effect unless you have a CAI, Stillen y-pipe, high flow cat, and cat back exhaust. (there is lots of ways to go)

#5 I have a stillen y-pipe I used for 6000miles I can sell you for 275. It goes for 345 on stillen.com (and 345 is discounted from the regular price of 395)

#6 make subject lines relate to what you are going to discuss.
Old 06-25-2002, 05:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: Got Blown Away, I am ****ED!

Originally posted by Themaxidocius

#1 Why did you buy a k&n air filter if you are gonna replace the stock intake with an "air intake system" which you probably mean a CAI or short air intake (CAI is cold air intake).

Answer #1 The guy at the store told me I should get the K&n Air filter and also a air intake system that he orderd from CA (dont know the name) He told me this device would give me 5-10hp. I dont think it was the one that goes under the car.

#2 Greddy EVO is best cat-back exhaust and its 550-600.

Answer #2 do I need one of these If I will purchase a y pipe?

#3 your next move should be to return the K&N filter since the CAI should come with one (such as a place racing CAI from custommaxima.com)
Answer #3the other product I purchased was from CA, and on the recipt it says Open Air **** Kit (cant read writing). Have any Idea what this would be for a 01 maxima?

#4 you will not get full effect unless you have a CAI, Stillen y-pipe, high flow cat, and cat back exhaust. (there is lots of ways to go)
Answer #5 what is the diffrence between all of these?

#5 I have a stillen y-pipe I used for 6000miles I can sell you for 275. It goes for 345 on stillen.com (and 345 is discounted from the regular price of 395)

#Answer #5 Lets talk about this I will email you.

#6 make subject lines relate to what you are going to discuss.
Old 06-25-2002, 06:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thanx
My man...your Maxima didn't come with an "air intake system"?????? You should march straight back to the dealer and insist they put on in there.