5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Video: 02 Max vs. 03 CL-S

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 07:42 PM

Originally posted by Majisto
Perhaps i'm blind, but it looked like the Max kept up well with the Acura. I don't see how it got roasted or anywhere near it until they hit I guess about 80 or so. Then it looked like the Max shut down. Notice how it leans back a little? I don't think the Maxima driver was going all-out at the last leg of the race. Even so, I will never admit a VTEC being better than a VQ though...
excuses, excuses, yada , yada.... The Acura deserves a lil respect!!
Old 06-26-2002, 07:53 PM
nc00max

It's nice to know that the Max was at least a rental car, but damn, that friggin CL-S is fast!

Old 06-26-2002, 07:54 PM

Originally posted by EF-9
excuses, excuses, yada , yada.... The Acura deserves a lil respect!!
Well ok i'll give the Acura some respect. I've always been a Honda hater, but I guess I don't consider an Acura a Honda. Hondas are for ricers...Acuras are for more serious people. And Acura Hondas Don't count!
Old 06-26-2002, 08:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm not a bit surprised at this. A 6spd CL-S vs. an auto '02 Maxima, no contest. With similar horsepower, a car with a manual tranny usually will come out on top. A 6spd '02 Maxima vs. an auto '02 Maxima...the 6spd will kill the auto by just as much.
Old 06-26-2002, 08:33 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Thanks for the play by play Mike. Filipino's are coming out in this thread

Even I did better than that against my co-workers 6spd.

Maybe I can take on a 2k2 auto
Old 06-26-2002, 08:39 PM

not a bad race. i would like to know for sure if the max was auto or stick and same for the cl!

will
Old 06-26-2002, 08:51 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I'm waiting for Kloogy!
Im here sweetie ! ..Guess what Coochie pie, if that was an auot, it must be a slow a$$ one ! I would love to race a CL-S, since I already walkied a TL-S by 2 cars ! I would also want to make sure that the CL-S in the video was also stock. I might still get beat by it ! But I assure you that a 6 speed Max would have walked that piece of trash by at least one car. I lost to Leftcoast by 2 full cars, so that woould more than Suck up a CL-S and spit him out like the piece of SH!!T that they are !
Old 06-26-2002, 08:57 PM

kloogy: just wondering why do u think they're shiet??
I don't see anything wrong with them
Old 06-26-2002, 08:57 PM

Originally posted by kloogy

Im here sweetie ! ..Guess what Coochie pie, if that was an auot, it must be a slow a$$ one ! I would love to race a CL-S, since I already walkied a TL-S by 2 cars ! I would also want to make sure that the CL-S in the video was also stock. I might still get beat by it ! But I assure you that a 6 speed Max would have walked that piece of trash by at least one car. I lost to Leftcoast by 2 full cars, so that woould more than Suck up a CL-S and spit him out like the piece of SH!!T that they are !
I love it!

Nice video!
Old 06-26-2002, 09:03 PM
lcf

it looks light the maxima driver let off the gas when he started getting walked. it made the loss look much bigger. also, it looks like he released the throttle quite a bit to let the cl-s cut in front of him. looks like there was oncoming traffic and they didnt want it to actually look like they were racing?

Old 06-26-2002, 09:04 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

The reason I think they BLOW, is because the TL-S which is the equal to the 2K2 Max gets spanked time after time by the 2K2 ! Now this CL-S beats a AUTO Max by 2 cars, and I will assure you that most 2K2 6 speeds would walk this sack of CRAP all day long ! I would even challenge it to race me ! Is it wrong to bash the CL-S Costco ??
Old 06-26-2002, 09:12 PM

Damn...is the 03 cl-s any different from the 02? i feel disappointed...max got smoked.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:16 PM

Looking at that guy's Dyno, seems like CL-S 6-speed stock puts down more hp but less torque than the 6-speed Maxima. I love torque though
Old 06-26-2002, 09:18 PM
SoloMaxima

if that max was a 6speed...it will own that CL.....even though the max was auto it kept up pretty good with the CL 6speed....

Old 06-26-2002, 09:25 PM

Why is everyone acting like the Max got slaughtered or something??!! The cl-s didnt even put any cars on it till about 70 or 80, right before the race was over. I mean sure the acura was pulling on him but I think the auto Max did pretty good against the cl-s with the huge advantage(6 spd).

Now you guys have to admit that if it was 6sp vs 6 spd according to the video the acura should get walked pretty good by the max.

Im looking forward to this race very much.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:25 PM

Just like what I said before look at the CL-S launch it literally spun the tires like **** and the Max got the hook first... That's why the Max kinda hang just a sec then it got owned!! Kloogy, you yupped to much like a girl!! LOL
Old 06-26-2002, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by ChillWill2000
Why is everyone acting like the Max got slaughtered or something??!! The cl-s didnt even put any cars on it till about 70 or 80, right before the race was over. I mean sure the acura was pulling on him but I think the auto Max did pretty good against the cl-s with the huge advantage(6 spd).

Now you guys have to admit that if it was 6sp vs 6 spd according to the video the acura should get walked pretty good by the max.

I don't think it will get walked!! It will be very close match or just like everbody said it's a drivers race dude!
Old 06-26-2002, 09:31 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Listen Maxtor, why dont you go to a track and watch a 2K2 6 speed run. The spin like Mo Fo's of the line. Wheel hop is so bad that if actual traction was being layed to the ground, 13's would be in sight. What do you drive you sorry piece of SH!!T .
Old 06-26-2002, 09:35 PM

Listen Maxtor, why dont you go to a track and watch a 2K2 6 speed run. The spin like Mo Fo's of the line. Wheel hop is so bad that if actual traction was being layed to the ground, 13's would be in sight. What do you drive you sorry piece of SH!!T .
Well the max got 225/50/17(right) and the CL-S got 215/50/17 at least the max is laying more rubber than CL-S.. So why are you getting mad at me? It's because some auto 2k2 got owned!?
Old 06-26-2002, 09:38 PM

I don't think it will get walked!! It will be very close match or just like everbody said it's a drivers race dude!
I cant wait to see the 2 6 spds run!!! I will admit the acura did have wheel spin but if his launch was better w/ no spin his rpms would have been lower as well. So I guess the cl driver needs to work on perfecting his launch.

Im not tryin to make excuses for the max losing. It was a good race, even for the automagic.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:42 PM

The reason I think they BLOW, is because the TL-S which is the equal to the 2K2 Max gets spanked time after time by the 2K2 ! Now this CL-S beats a AUTO Max by 2 cars, and I will assure you that most 2K2 6 speeds would walk this sack of CRAP all day long ! I would even challenge it to race me ! Is it wrong to bash the CL-S Costco ??
I'm just saying they're not crap even if they're a lot slower. The interior is very nice.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:45 PM

IMHO, it's not apples to apples.

I own both of these cars, and I have proved before that the Maxima 6 speed is faster in a straight line than my wife's CL-S auto. A 6 speed CL-S would be a different story based on the opinion of the service manager at the local Acura dealership - he says it pulls hard.

That CL in the video is definitely a 6 speed, and my opinion is that the Max is an auto. 6 speed vs 6 speed would be very interesting

In case you may be wondering, the Maxima will pull on the Acura in a straight line, but I can't keep up with my wife in the CL-S in the twisties....perhaps different rubber would help however the front end washes out much quicker in the Maxima than the Acura. Just my $0.02.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:47 PM

I cant wait to see the 2 6 spds run!!! I will admit the acura did have wheel spin but if his launch was better w/ no spin his rpms would have been lower as well. So I guess the cl driver needs to work on perfecting his launch.

Im not tryin to make excuses for the max losing. It was a good race, even for the automagic.
I see.... Well your fellow Maxima owner Kloogy is still very upset about the lost, and even called me and the Acura a piece of ****.. See, I'm a little bias toward Acura, but never in my life called a Maxima a Piece of trash or piece of **** like Kloogy does!! What a shame for a car enthusiast...
Old 06-26-2002, 09:49 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I see.... Well your fellow Maxima owner Kloogy is still very upset about the lost, and even called me and the Acura a piece of ****.. See, I'm a little bias toward Acura, but never in my life called a Maxima a Piece of trash or piece of **** like Kloogy does!! What a shame for a car enthusiast...
Its a shame that you appear as Ef when youre really Maxtor . Maybe one day you can drive down to San Diego, I can personally tell you in your FACE !
Old 06-26-2002, 09:51 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Well the max got 225/50/17(right) and the CL-S got 215/50/17 at least the max is laying more rubber than CL-S.. So why are you getting mad at me? It's because some auto 2k2 got owned!?
Since I wasnt the one who got owned personally, and since you and your PHANTOM car , were not the ones owning me, thats ok. Can you please produce proof of a car that you can own me with. My 12 second mustang is a phone call away, if you really want to measure HUEVOS !
Old 06-26-2002, 09:52 PM

Re: IMHO, it's not apples to apples.

Originally posted by Stang Guy
I own both of these cars, and I have proved before that the Maxima 6 speed is faster in a straight line than my wife's CL-S auto. A 6 speed CL-S would be a different story based on the opinion of the service manager at the local Acura dealership - he says it pulls hard.

That CL in the video is definitely a 6 speed, and my opinion is that the Max is an auto. 6 speed vs 6 speed would be very interesting

In case you may be wondering, the Maxima will pull on the Acura in a straight line, but I can't keep up with my wife in the CL-S in the twisties....perhaps different rubber would help however the front end washes out much quicker in the Maxima than the Acura. Just my $0.02.
Do you ever post on the acura forum?

The 6spd max is definitly faster than a 2k1 auto cl-s. thats a given.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:54 PM

Its a shame that you appear as Ef when youre really Maxtor . Maybe one day you can drive down to San Diego, I can personally tell you in your FACE !
Dude take a chill pill.. BTW I'm not Maxtor.. Let me guess is he your ghey lover..
Old 06-26-2002, 09:57 PM

Since I wasnt the one who got owned personally, and since you and your PHANTOM car , were not the ones owning me, thats ok. Can you please produce proof of a car that you can own me with. My 12 minutes mustang is a phone call away, if you really want to measure HUEVOS !
Hmmmm, your mustang seems pretty slow!?
Old 06-26-2002, 10:00 PM

No, don't really have the time. Maybe I'll head over there, but when I was on there last year I didn't really see much traffic. Perhaps that has changed?

I have posted a lot on audiworld.com under the same user name, since I previously owned an A4. Can be quite time consuming though
Old 06-26-2002, 10:06 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Dude take a chill pill.. BTW I'm not Maxtor.. Let me guess I am his ghey lover..
Old 06-26-2002, 10:09 PM

Originally posted by emax95

I love it!

Nice video!
\
Emax, how come you torque # is so high? The hp looks a normal with your mods.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:08 PM

Originally posted by bigbadboss101

\
Emax, how come you torque # is so high? The hp looks a normal with your mods.

I don't think it's really that high considering my mods?
Old 06-26-2002, 11:45 PM

i raced my friend's CL-S 6 speed tonight that i was talking about earlier.

we raced 4 times officially.

first time we took off and he got about a 1/2 car on me from the get go and we raced up to about 80 and he had about a car on me.

2nd time we were dead even from the launch until until we shifted to 3rd and i shifted to 5th by accident it was all over

3rd time he took about 1 car off the launch and i went from 1st to 2nd back to 1st in my haste to get a good 2-3 shift. i lost and almost killed my tranny while i was at it.

4th time he took about a car on the launch and keep creeping a little further ahead by 80 mph. he was about 2 cars ahead when we shut down.

all and all, the main difference is just that my friend is a much better driver than i am but to be honest i think the CL-S is slightly faster anyway.

sorry, i didnt have a video camera like i had planned. we ran into eachother at 7-11 by chance so i didnt have it with me.
Old 06-27-2002, 01:42 AM

The video doesn't work for me.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:38 AM

The video no workie for me either. I guess that's what I get for taking a random trip to AZ. A mere 12 hours away from the org and I miss everything! hehe
Originally posted by 1BADMAX
The video doesn't work for me.
Old 06-27-2002, 05:30 AM
RussMaxManiac

Kloogy, you talk to much sh*t. Everyone has been calm in here except for you. Your auto 2k2 would have a serious time even trying to beat a auto cl-s, look at the 6spd vs auto, that is a big gap, you can't tell me that the 6spd makes that much of a difference. We all run close to the same #'s except the TYPE-S has a higher trap speed.

Old 06-27-2002, 05:32 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by SoloMaxima
if that max was a 6speed...it will own that CL.....even though the max was auto it kept up pretty good with the CL 6speed....
Dream on...

14.1 stock a 6spd ran, haven't seen any Maximas do that yet, except a modded Altima.

Old 06-27-2002, 05:33 AM
RussMaxManiac

How can you say that when the Acura got a late launch, and spun like mad. It has smaller tires compared to the max and its heavier. It has alot against it compared to the Max. But it still pulled past it.

Old 06-27-2002, 05:34 AM

The CL-S is a very nice car, why the hate? I would definitely take it in a heartbeat(6spd one only though). If I have a choice, I think I'll take it over the Maxima, the CL-S just looks better IMO. Now the 6spd one is out, it's even better.

Btw, nice run in the video. I wish the video was better though. Kind of hard to judge the race when the chase car was behind them.
Old 06-27-2002, 05:34 AM
RussMaxManiac

2.1 60s on stock tires and a 14.2-14.3 is damn good and you won't get bettert than that on stock tires without slicks.

That is all the car is going to do stock.

Quick Reply: Video: 02 Max vs. 03 CL-S