5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan Customer Service Sucks!!! (more)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 11:49 AM

Nissan Customer Service Sucks!!! (more)

Hey Guys,
I know I haven't been posting much in the last year but Nissan Service has got me so upset that I have to vent somewhere. I have a 2000 Maxima SE. It's a lease. I had brought it in last year for the rotor TSB (Thanks to you guys here for having all the TSB's up). They actually gave me some resistance at that time to fix it but ended up doing it. The problem came back in a few months (probably because the bastards just cut the rotors instead of replacing them) and my brother had the car up at school so I made an appointment to bring the car back today for them to take a look at it (13 months after the original repair). Now they tell me I need new front breaks soon (OK, I expet normal wear and tear) but they also are telling me that the rotors need to be re-surfaced and that this is normal wear and tear and not the TSB!!! Are these people a$$holes or brain damaged? When you break for a highway exit ramp and are doing 60 on the highway the judder from the brakes is TERRIBLE. It is down right dangerous! Normal wear and tear? Please. So now they want me to pay for re-surfacing the rotors (because it has been more than 12 months since they did the job, even though the car is still under 3 year 36K mile warranty)!!!
Anyway, the service dept is Major Nissan Of Garden City (LI NY) and they also gave me a very hard time about replacing the transmission for the tranny slip TSB. I will never go there again and am becoming reluctant to spend money on another Nissan. Anyone have a service department that they can recommend on Long Island? Thanks and sorry for the long rant but I had to let that one out.
-Evangelo2
Old 07-02-2002, 12:48 PM

Please report them to Nissan North America. They seem to be trying to clean up their act where these service departments are giving customers a hard time.
Old 07-02-2002, 01:13 PM

Brakes and wind noise TSB

When I called to make the appointment for the brakes, the guy tried to play it off like it was only covered under the first 12K of the warranty. When I mentioned I knew about the TSB and it was covered under the full 36K warranty, he got quiet and then responded "I think we can get you in next Tuesday..."

Hopefully, they stick to their word about fixing it. If not, I guess I will be buying some of the rotors Bigdogjonx found

Trevor
Old 07-03-2002, 06:40 AM

Re: Nissan Customer Service Sucks!!! (more)

i have used Westbusy Nissan .... great service guys and the master Tech: Steve is very helpful and own a max himself. email me and will give you more info. # and names. all my TSb were taken care by then with no questions, even had the engine mounts changed without the buzzing sound just to make it within my 36k miles, now have 38k on a 2k GLE.

neil

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Evangelo2
Hey Guys,
I know I haven't been posting much in the last year but Nissan Service has got me so upset that I have to vent somewhere. I have a 2000 Maxima SE. It's a lease. I had brought it in last year for the rotor TSB (Thanks to you guys here for having all the TSB's up). They actually gave me some resistance at that time to fix it but ended up doing it. The problem came back in a few months (probably because the bastards just cut the rotors instead of replacing them) and my brother had the car up at school so I made an appointment to bring the car back today for them to take a look at it (13 months after the original repair). Now they tell me I need new front breaks soon (OK, I expet normal wear and tear) but they also are telling me that the rotors need to be re-surfaced and that this is normal wear and tear and not the TSB!!! Are these people a$$holes or brain damaged? When you break for a highway exit ramp and are doing 60 on the highway the judder from the brakes is TERRIBLE. It is down right dangerous! Normal wear and tear? Please. So now they want me to pay for re-surfacing the rotors (because it has been more than 12 months since they did the job, even though the car is still under 3 year 36K mile warranty)!!!
Anyway, the service dept is Major Nissan Of Garden City (LI NY) and they also gave me a very hard time about replacing the transmission for the tranny slip TSB. I will never go there again and am becoming reluctant to spend money on another Nissan. Anyone have a service department that they can recommend on Long Island? Thanks and sorry for the long rant but I had to let that one out.
-Evangelo2
[/QUOTE
Old 07-03-2002, 06:44 AM

Stop talking with the dealer and call 800-Nissan-1. It's easier than you think. They call the dealer for you and light them up.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:47 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

Re: Re: Nissan Customer Service Sucks!!! (more)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by neil
[B]i have used Westbusy Nissan .... great service guys and the master Tech: Steve is very helpful and own a max himself. [QUOTE]

around here, many Nissan service writers have total beaters. I know because I asked them after they told me that vibrations and rattles were normal. "Yeah? what do you drive?... I see... well, this isnt a 1987 Blazer so my expectations are alittle higher than yours."
Old 07-04-2002, 07:03 PM

Evangelo2, I know how you feel. I have a 2000 Max auto at 18k my rpm jump up and down for no reason even I used cruise control. Here the story I took my car to a Nissan dealer(Arlington Nissan at Buffalo Grove, IL) where I bought the car from. They let it sit there for 1 day and told me they find no problem with the car and said don't use cruise control. I took the car back to them again about a week later and they still said no problem and they can't fix. Another week past I took the car back again and this time I was armed with video showing why the rpm jump from 2400 to 4000 for no reason. This time they told me that I hit the gas and that why the rpm jump. They are lying with their eyes open. With and without cruise control it jump anyway. My friend is a mechanic and he told me that I need a Throttle control sensor replace and he can't do it because I don't want out of pocket money since my car is still under warranty. So my friend took the car and he drop off at a nissan dealer near him and they fix it and since then there are no problem at all. I complain to Nissan headquarter and they don't do a thing. I told them I will not buy a nissan again especially from this dealer.
Old 07-04-2002, 07:39 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

Originally posted by MAXIMASE2000
Evangelo2, I know how you feel. I have a 2000 Max auto at 18k my rpm jump up and down for no reason even I used cruise control. Here the story I took my car to a Nissan dealer(Arlington Nissan at Buffalo Grove, IL) where I bought the car from. They let it sit there for 1 day and told me they find no problem with the car and said don't use cruise control. I took the car back to them again about a week later and they still said no problem and they can't fix. Another week past I took the car back again and this time I was armed with video showing why the rpm jump from 2400 to 4000 for no reason. This time they told me that I hit the gas and that why the rpm jump. They are lying with their eyes open. With and without cruise control it jump anyway. My friend is a mechanic and he told me that I need a Throttle control sensor replace and he can't do it because I don't want out of pocket money since my car is still under warranty. So my friend took the car and he drop off at a nissan dealer near him and they fix it and since then there are no problem at all. I complain to Nissan headquarter and they don't do a thing. I told them I will not buy a nissan again especially from this dealer.
When I took my car there they dropped it off the lift while they were re-surfacing my rotors, they caused $10K worth of damage and didnt completly fix my car.
Old 07-04-2002, 09:40 PM

When I took my car there they dropped it off the lift while they were re-surfacing my rotors, they caused $10K worth of damage and didnt completly fix my car.
So do you ask them to pay for the damage?
Old 07-05-2002, 03:12 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Brother I feel you. I'm on my THIRD set of rotors!!
Old 07-05-2002, 06:11 AM

10K of damage? What the hell did they do???????????

Originally posted by Y2k Max Luv

Old 07-05-2002, 02:53 PM

I can't wait to reach 36k miles on my car so that I can bring it
to anywhere I want. Arlington Nissan is suck and I will not bring
my car there even for free service.
Old 07-05-2002, 05:54 PM
I miss the .org!

Don't forget their salespeople. Most of them suck too. So far, I haven't talked to one who knows more than me about the cars that they are making a living off of selling.