5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

FedEx Ground ruined my week :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 08:23 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

FedEx Ground ruined my week :(

FedEx apparently decided to drop one of my wheels off of a cliff in the transit from California to Arizona. The side of the wheel busted through the box, carboard protector, and styrofoam protector- thereby bending the rim and crinkling the clearcoat.

And of course, I didn't realize this until Discount Tire had completely mounted the entire set except for that wheel when it caught their attention. I have been riding lopsided on three good wheels and one bad one for a week now. This SUCKS!

Although my new one should be here tomorrow, I still go to bed at night picturing the punk-a$$ Fed Ex employee in California playing shotput with my wheel in their warehouse.

It actually kinda reminds me of my days when I worked at Best Buy....... But that's another story altogether.

FEDEX CASUALTY #30009
Old 07-02-2002, 09:25 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

<== Contractor for Fedex Ground....
Old 07-02-2002, 09:26 PM

Did Fedex pay for your new wheel?
Old 07-02-2002, 09:58 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

If you follow the proper claim procedure, and the shipper, insured it, you will be covered. Having worked in UPS, and now FEDEX, these things do occur, as awful as they are. If you need any help ASU. Email me. I can help see how I can help you... We have a good track record in the shipping industry. We have the Discount Tire accout...
Old 07-02-2002, 10:03 PM

i know what you mean...

i had my kyb-agx's purchased from cattman 2 thursdays ago and they were confirmed to be picked up and apparently somebody else has
kyb-agx on their car cuz nobody knows where they are...they have been re-sent by cattman and hopefully they'll be here by friday...
atw
Old 07-03-2002, 02:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: FedEx Ground ruined my week :(

Originally posted by asu174
FedEx apparently decided to drop one of my wheels off of a cliff in the transit from California to Arizona. The side of the wheel busted through the box, carboard protector, and styrofoam protector- thereby bending the rim and crinkling the clearcoat.

And of course, I didn't realize this until Discount Tire had completely mounted the entire set except for that wheel when it caught their attention. I have been riding lopsided on three good wheels and one bad one for a week now. This SUCKS!

Although my new one should be here tomorrow, I still go to bed at night picturing the punk-a$$ Fed Ex employee in California playing shotput with my wheel in their warehouse.

It actually kinda reminds me of my days when I worked at Best Buy....... But that's another story altogether.

FEDEX CASUALTY #30009
UPS all the way
Old 07-03-2002, 06:03 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Fedex is usually very good about delivering packages undamaged (*knocks on wood*).

I worked at Best Buy too, it's pretty sad how they treat boxed electronics when they unload it from the delivery truck. I can only imagine how bad UPS and shipping companies treat boxes, especially since they don't even know what's in the box.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:14 AM

Bryan is handling the claim on his end. They picked it up the following day after putting the claim in. I'm not too worried about getting my money back. The damage to the box is very obvious. I'm just worried that they will accuse me of some sort of fraud. They (shipping industry) have been paranoid lately (according to my buddy at UPS) because people are putting in all sorts of false claims.

I paid out of pocket for the 4th wheel so it can get here quicker, then Bryan is going to reimburse me the difference. I just want that damn wheel to get here.

Tanman- Did you ever unload trucks at Best Buy? That is just crazy. I have seen so much damage stuff go through there. We were pretty good about not selling the busted stuff though, at least at our store. We'd devo it out. The craziest thing I saw there was a 36" TV fall off the top of one of the racks in the warehouse. Some guy nudges a TV from the other side and BOOM!
Old 07-03-2002, 07:11 AM

The craziest thing I saw there was a 36" TV fall off the top of one of the racks in the warehouse. Some guy nudges a TV from the other side and BOOM!
Old 07-03-2002, 07:16 AM
jjs

Best Buy...

ok, the high amount of damaged merchandise in the back room explains something...

a couple months back had to get a new microwave...cool sales guy and I noticed a slight tear in the outer layer of the corrugated cardboard (the 'honeycomb' still intact). Well, he just opened the box up right there on the floor, moved some stuff around, and walked me right to customer service and told them it was 'previously opened' and got me 10% off.

Apparently Best Buy is used to non-perfect stuff, since the manager didn't even think twice about whether it was legit or not!

Old 07-03-2002, 07:57 AM

Re: Best Buy...

Originally posted by jjs
ok, the high amount of damaged merchandise in the back room explains something...

a couple months back had to get a new microwave...cool sales guy and I noticed a slight tear in the outer layer of the corrugated cardboard (the 'honeycomb' still intact). Well, he just opened the box up right there on the floor, moved some stuff around, and walked me right to customer service and told them it was 'previously opened' and got me 10% off.

Apparently Best Buy is used to non-perfect stuff, since the manager didn't even think twice about whether it was legit or not!

Ahh. The "manmade" open box scam. I've been there. Only back in the day when I worked there, we were allowed to completely determine the price. Management just wanted that crap off their floor. I sold my dad a $300 Pro Logic receiver for $65 because I broke the seams on the box for him.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:31 AM

Re: Re: Best Buy...

Ahh. The "manmade" open box scam. I've been there. Only back in the day when I worked there, we were allowed to completely determine the price. Management just wanted that crap off their floor. I sold my dad a $300 Pro Logic receiver for $65 because I broke the seams on the box for him.
Nice
Old 07-03-2002, 02:31 PM

Tanman- Did you ever unload trucks at Best Buy? That is just crazy. I have seen so much damage stuff go through there. We were pretty good about not selling the busted stuff though, at least at our store. We'd devo it out. The craziest thing I saw there was a 36" TV fall off the top of one of the racks in the warehouse. Some guy nudges a TV from the other side and BOOM!
Yep, Monday nights after 10PM. Everyone is tired and ready to go home, perfect time to make them unload and stock TVs. I didn't even work in the stocking department, but they made us help. I'm 5'8" 160, and they expected me to move 50" big screens around on a dolley? I was careful because I know I'd hate to buy something someone else damaged, but a lot of people didn't care. I guess after doing a crappy job for a while, you stop caring very much .
Old 07-03-2002, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by Tanman

Yep, Monday nights after 10PM. Everyone is tired and ready to go home, perfect time to make them unload and stock TVs. I didn't even work in the stocking department, but they made us help. I'm 5'8" 160, and they expected me to move 50" big screens around on a dolley? I was careful because I know I'd hate to buy something someone else damaged, but a lot of people didn't care. I guess after doing a crappy job for a while, you stop caring very much .
They paid me $5/hour to unload thousands and thousands of dollars worth of merchandise. I was bitter to say the least. I punted a few CD's across the warehouse in my day and on my last day, I set a perfectly good Jensen subwoofer system on fire behind the building. I was a little punk 16 year old- I didn't know any different.....

But I NEVER put any of the stuff I destroyed on the floor for sale. That was sort of the unspoken rule among the hooligans that worked there. Just throw it in the devo pile and it'll get sent back to the manufacturer.......
Old 07-03-2002, 06:07 PM

They paid me $5/hour to unload thousands and thousands of dollars worth of merchandise. I was bitter to say the least. I punted a few CD's across the warehouse in my day and on my last day, I set a perfectly good Jensen subwoofer system on fire behind the building. I was a little punk 16 year old- I didn't know any different.....

But I NEVER put any of the stuff I destroyed on the floor for sale. That was sort of the unspoken rule among the hooligans that worked there. Just throw it in the devo pile and it'll get sent back to the manufacturer.......
I worked at a large high-profile location, so we didn't really do much vandalism. Most of the damage came from carelessness and sleepiness. If someone dropped a TV, it went to the floor, we had strict rules about devo-ing stuff. It's one of those jobs you work to build character, so you work your way up so you never have to work at a place like that again
Old 07-03-2002, 06:16 PM
ThisMax2NV

I use to work for Fed Ex Grounds. Man we did some crazy $hit with peoples stuff. We mashed rims all day and night loading and unloading the trucks. What ever was open we oggled and looked at. I recommend not working there or shipping through them. I tried once and they even screwed their own employee the bastards.

Old 07-03-2002, 06:27 PM

Originally posted by ThisMax2NV
I use to work for Fed Ex Grounds. Man we did some crazy $hit with peoples stuff. We mashed rims all day and night loading and unloading the trucks. What ever was open we oggled and looked at. I recommend not working there or shipping through them. I tried once and they even screwed their own employee the bastards.
Well my best friend worked at UPS and he has very similar stories. Management would be standing right there watching them wail on boxes and they could care less. Shipping is just Russian Roulette.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:31 PM
ThisMax2NV

Well my best friend worked at UPS and he has very similar stories. Management would be standing right there watching them wail on boxes and they could care less. Shipping is just Russian Roulette.
Yeah I ussed to throw rims about 15-20 feet and listen to them land. We would all laugh and just imagine how ****ed the guy would be. The supervisors and management didnt care we would throw scanners and tvs hearing them break just got us more riled up. Made us unload a 45 footer in under an hour fastest I did it was 40 min tops. I hate that place!!!

Old 07-03-2002, 06:34 PM

Yeah I ussed to throw rims about 15-20 feet and listen to them land. We would all laugh and just imagine how ****ed the guy would be. The supervisors and management didnt care we would throw scanners and tvs hearing them break just got us more riled up. Made us unload a 45 footer in under an hour fastest I did it was 40 min tops. I hate that place!!!
ROFL!! But I have no idea why I'm laughing- I've been riding on 3 wheels for the past week because of some inconsiderate bastards like you. Brings back memories of Best Buy I guess.....sniff sniff.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:49 PM

<<~~~~ Best Buy...INSTALLER.. ..oh man..rude customers should NEVER EVER talk to me.....just think....a customer..rude to me?! the dood whos gonna crawl all over their car..puahahahaha
Old 07-03-2002, 09:10 PM

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1
<<~~~~ Best Buy...INSTALLER.. ..oh man..rude customers should NEVER EVER talk to me.....just think....a customer..rude to me?! the dood whos gonna crawl all over their car..puahahahaha
That's why I'm courteous to anyone who makes my food, touches my car, installs anything, sets up anything, delivers anything, or otherwise provides a service to me.

The rest of the time I'm a jerk .
Old 07-03-2002, 09:31 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I see why you DONT work there anymore. Please inform me of the facility you worked at. I would be very curious to inform Loss Prevention. Yes, these things do happen at UPS, Fedex , and any other shipping facility. There are a lot of shipping scams, and insurance fraud against UPS, and FEDEX. But if you ASU have a legit claim, which I know you do, it will be handled...
Old 07-03-2002, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by kloogy

I see why you DONT work there anymore. Please inform me of the facility you worked at. I would be very curious to inform Loss Prevention. Yes, these things do happen at UPS, Fedex , and any other shipping facility. There are a lot of shipping scams, and insurance fraud against UPS, and FEDEX. But if you ASU have a legit claim, which I know you do, it will be handled...
Hopefully it will......

When you say you are a contractor, what does that mean?
Old 07-03-2002, 09:51 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Hopefully it will......

When you say you are a contractor, what does that mean?
That means I own a fleet of trucks that service work areas, "neighborhoods" for Fedex Ground. I have drivers that work for me. I have been with them as a contractor for almost 10 years. My drivers are trained not to have these things happen to people like you. But, we cant always control everything. If this previous ORG member was seen doing this, under present FEDEX GROUND rules, he would be fired, and even could face prosecution for destroying , or damaging FEDEX Ground shipments. The same thing can happen to you at UPS.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:58 PM

What you guys are telling me scares me because I use Fedex ALL THE TIME! I ship over 30 packages out with them a month but luckily Asu174 has been my first casualty, well I guess not so lucky for you tho

ASU, I sent in those claim forms a few days ago, hopefully they'll be pretty quick about it.
Old 07-03-2002, 10:05 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by cobymoby
What you guys are telling me scares me because I use Fedex ALL THE TIME! I ship over 30 packages out with them a month but luckily Asu174 has been my first casualty, well I guess not so lucky for you tho

ASU, I sent in those claim forms a few days ago, hopefully they'll be pretty quick about it.
Like I said before, I ship all my Ebay items FEDEX Ground. Yes, I myself have had issues. But ask any major account, that ships 200-900 boxes a day. Things will happen. Your rate of failure Cobymooby is good. You ship a lot of intakes, and now wheels... If this is your first bad experience, I hope that FEDEX Ground makes it good to you, yes the item was damaged, so now its time for them to pay. If either of you guys needs help, I will say once again, to email me.
Old 07-03-2002, 11:09 PM

Man, I reall, really hate reading this thread..now that I just ordered new rims and tires, and they are coming via Fedex..I will be sooo Pi$$ed if they are scratched, etc...now I probably will be up nights thinking about it!!!

B.T.W--- I heard that FedEx and UPS are gonna merge..the new company will be called FedUP!!
Old 07-03-2002, 11:14 PM

Kloogy, thanks for offering your hand in this manner. Hopefully they'll take care of everything. If not, I'll be knocking down your door screaming HELLLLP!!! Take care.
Old 07-03-2002, 11:17 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by cobymoby
Kloogy, thanks for offering your hand in this manner. Hopefully they'll take care of everything. If not, I'll be knocking down your door screaming HELLLLP!!! Take care.
Just let me know ! You know my email ...
Old 07-04-2002, 01:39 AM
ThisMax2NV

My friends a supervisor for UPS and she told me the same thing so Im expecting all places to treat all items shipped through them with no respect. Dont really think Id tell you where I used to work because they you might mention me and well I got into a fight with the supervisor (that they fired a week later for getting high in the bathroom)they never fired me but I still talk to the supervisor that replaced the old one. Shes pretty cool.

Old 07-04-2002, 05:57 AM

Just let me know ! You know my email ...
Thanks for the offer Kloogy! Let me know if you need any help on my end Bryan...

I didn't mean to start anything against FedEx with this thread either. I would have called the thread "FedEx SUCKS" if that were the case. It is a great company and I know that accidents happen. And actually, the more I look at the picture of the box that was damaged, the more I realize that it was not thrown across a warehouse or intentionally damaged. Something probably just got slammed up against it really hard. So Bryan, I wouldn't close your FedEx account just yet......

By the way, for some reason, whenever I see the same "cobymoby", that damn song "mellow yellow" goes through my head- only with the words "coby moby" in it's place...lol.

"They call me coby moby........"
Old 07-04-2002, 02:52 PM

"They call me coby moby........"