5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I dont know if I should laugh or cry....

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 12:49 AM

I thought I had all the luck!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear it. Oh well, guess your keeping the Maxima now.
Old 07-09-2002, 01:46 AM

Re: I dont know if I should laugh or cry....

If it were me, I would have FREAKED OUT and then laughed my *** off!!

Dude...you've had some bad luck lately. I really hope it improves soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony
Old 07-09-2002, 03:08 AM

Damn. Karma, dude. God's way of saying to stay away from those hondas.
Originally posted by Maximus1000
The guy was nice enough. Later 40s. From what the police said, he claimed he was reaching for something on the floorboard, looked and BAM there was the phone pole.
Hey, if you ever see this guy, why don't you ask him if he tries to get stuff out of his truck bed while moving too? Idiots.

BTW, don't birthdays suck?
Old 07-09-2002, 06:55 AM

Re: I dont know if I should laugh or cry....

Originally posted by Maximus1000
I came home to pick up some papers I had left at home for work and decided to flip it on CNN real quick. I hadn't been home for more than 5 minutes when I hear the horendous brake squealing and huge CRASH. I immediately go to the dinining room window and look out to see that some Z71 Chevrolet pickup has skidded into a telephone pole outside of my apartment complex. Geez that sucks I think to myself. I know sooner mutter those words as I see, in what appears to be slow motion, the telephone pole keel over and crash into the parking lot. I look down towards the parking lot to see that this huge pole has landed itself directly upon my Prelude!!!!!!! I gasp a half sigh of anxiety and half of insanity. There is a huge telephone pole laying directly on my what used to be my car. Its difficult to explain what the car looks like. The entire center of the car is smashed in. The middle part of the roof is like 12 inches off the ground, all of the widowns were destroyed, all tires blown out, to make a long story short......the car is utterly and completely destroyed. After I realized what had happened, as the title says, I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. The car that I talked so much about keeping is no more. Obviously its totalled beyond belief. I just thank God that I wasn't in it or that no one else was around. Other fatalities include my neighbors new Saturn and some various landscaping. Well, the guy does have insurance, so thats good. I just had to share perhaps the freakiest birthday experience (it is today by the way) that I've ever had. If it is true that God drives a Maxima, perhaps this was his way of telling me to keep it...or leaving me no other choice....lol

Sorry to hear about your prelude, but atleast your O.K.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about your car. It's good to hear no one was hurt! If you or your significant other were in the car...

If I were you I'd keep the Max for a while and put the left over money from the lude in the bank just incase. Things usually happen in 3's. Wait till the string of bad luck has passed and you'll have the money to get the car you want.

If you weren't at fault with the Max I'd also sue for depreciation in value and put that with the money from the lude.

Your still here to have birthday cake! HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Adam
Old 07-09-2002, 08:39 PM

Sorry to hear about that. You gotta call me about all this!
Old 07-15-2002, 04:22 PM

im interested to see those pictures. have you gotten them back yet?