6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

More Pics - 2004 GXE

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 10:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

More Pics - 2004 GXE

Well went snooping. The other car was a 2004 GXE in a bronze/platinum color. Got a side shot, as well as "as close as I could get" front end shot - hope that helps. Also is a shot of the "cutaway" rig that I am guessing they use to do the interior shots. (I know that doesn't help lol, but was interesting anyways)

I sent the ZIP to same people I sent pics to this morning. Enjoy everyone.

Peace.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:24 AM
MaximaFreak

Re: More Pics - 2004 GXE

Originally posted by amixamsa
Well went snooping. The other car was a 2004 GXE in a bronze/platinum color. Got a side shot, as well as "as close as I could get" front end shot - hope that helps. Also is a shot of the "cutaway" rig that I am guessing they use to do the interior shots. (I know that doesn't help lol, but was interesting anyways)

I sent the ZIP to same people I sent pics to this morning. Enjoy everyone.

Peace.
Pics on www.maximafreak.com ... pics 4-6 are the GXE

Oh, and that "spy" front end from the Brian V pics appears to be the official front end ... YUCK.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:47 AM

i like how it looks after seeing these pics. The only thing I don't like it the grille in the front.

DID U NOTICE THE REAR WINDOWS GO ALL THE WAY DOWN! (pic 5)
Old 12-13-2002, 11:06 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Remember on that grill shot, they have covered the middle with some sort of blackout film to cover the "Nissan" emblem. I think it alters the appearance a little. Without the cam in hand I got closer to the SE front and it's really not bad looking. I'm gonna peek inside the GXE at lunch when these guys take off, check out the interior and the sunroof.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:25 AM
swallac2

Good work man, real good work. Welcome to the org!!

Old 12-13-2002, 11:26 AM

Remember on that grill shot, they have covered the middle with some sort of blackout film to cover the "Nissan" emblem. I think it alters the appearance a little. Without the cam in hand I got closer to the SE front and it's really not bad looking. I'm gonna peek inside the GXE at lunch when these guys take off, check out the interior and the sunroof.
I hate you. It's not fair

Old 12-13-2002, 12:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well unfortunately, I don't think I am going to be getting too good a look. There is about double the crew out there all three rides were covered up when I went to lunch. Really got tightened up, gee wonder why?

When I returned from lunch, the Maroon car with the 6 spoke, 17 or 18 " wheels WAS uncovered. However as I walked towards it my buddy from yesterday ran over and threw a cover over it. Thanks. Before he did though I got a peek at the dash at least. It is a three instrument analog "pod" on top of the wheel. I think the altima has a similar pod but is just square shaped on top. This was more like actual racing gauges. Anyhow this guy is something of a jerk about things so I didn't bother to stick around.

And about that Sunroof...my sicerest apologies but I don't think it was intended for production...these may truly be protos b/c earlier I got semi-close to the GXE and noticed that construction on the s-roof was extremely shoddy. Rough edging like a chop job, not typical Nissan work. It had a normal sunroof, then this plate of glass going back vertically to the rear seat. Would be in the shape of a T is seen from above. But after looking at the edging, it appears that it might be a custom cut to let in more light for photography. Who knows. But it would be a shame if it wasn't a production feature, because on the SE it really made the lines of the car nice, seperated it from the Altima, Passat, hell every other car four door out there, except maybe the Maybach.

Sorry Guys, but need to rant for a sec, I hate the fact that these guys are filming on the streets that my tax dollars pay for, and I get treated like I don't belong there:

HEY NISSAN (I know you are keeping up with this):

I really don't see the big deal, the car is only 20 days away from being officially introduced. But it's like Fort Knox over there now, and I guess I am a marked man after that seeing that guy run over to cover the car when I crossed the street towards it. Gave me a nice stare down too - in my own parking lot. Does anyone here think you - Nissan - monitors these websites?...Hell Yes I Do...and that might explain the sudden addition of lots execs walking around on cell phones inside the shoot. My opinion on this for you Nissan: Any publicity is good publicity, free pub even better, especially when it's from loyal buyers and great fans like these that run the websites. But instead you have this a-hole film crew out there and if you ask me, leaves an ugly aftertaste for a Nissan fan here.

Sorry bout that Fellas! I either had to do it here, or I would end up out there baiting my new friend into a physical confrontation hehe.

Peace.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:40 PM
pjalst

Just wait til they make it available

Old 12-13-2002, 12:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well unfortunately, I don't think I am going to be getting too good a look. There is about double the crew out there all three rides were covered up when I went to lunch. Really got tightened up, gee wonder why?

When I returned from lunch, the Maroon car with the 6 spoke, 17 or 18 " wheels WAS uncovered. However as I walked towards it my buddy from yesterday ran over and threw a cover over it. Thanks. Before he did though I got a peek at the dash at least. It is a three instrument analog "pod" on top of the wheel. I think the altima has a similar pod but is just square shaped on top. This was more like actual racing gauges. Anyhow this guy is something of a jerk about things so I didn't bother to stick around.

And about that Sunroof...my sicerest apologies but I don't think it was intended for production...these may truly be protos b/c earlier I got semi-close to the GXE and noticed that construction on the s-roof was extremely shoddy. Rough edging like a chop job, not typical Nissan work. It had a normal sunroof, then this plate of glass going back vertically to the rear seat. Would be in the shape of a T is seen from above. But after looking at the edging, it appears that it might be a custom cut to let in more light for photography. Who knows. But it would be a shame if it wasn't a production feature, because on the SE it really made the lines of the car nice, seperated it from the Altima, Passat, hell every other car four door out there, except maybe the Maybach.

Sorry Guys, but need to rant for a sec, I hate the fact that these guys are filming on the streets that my tax dollars pay for, and I get treated like I don't belong there:

HEY NISSAN (I know you are keeping up with this):

I really don't see the big deal, the car is only 20 days away from being officially introduced. But it's like Fort Knox over there now, and I guess I am a marked man after that seeing that guy run over to cover the car when I crossed the street towards it. Gave me a nice stare down too - in my own parking lot. Does anyone here think you - Nissan - monitors these websites?...Hell Yes I Do...and that might explain the sudden addition of lots execs walking around on cell phones inside the shoot. My opinion on this for you Nissan: Any publicity is good publicity, free pub even better, especially when it's from loyal buyers and great fans like these that run the websites. But instead you have this a-hole film crew out there and if you ask me, leaves an ugly aftertaste for a Nissan fan here.

Sorry bout that Fellas! I either had to do it here, or I would end up out there baiting my new friend into a physical confrontation hehe.

Peace.
It is just Nissan being Nissan. If they wanted it to be so secret, they should not have been there at all.

Good job with the pics and thanks!
Old 12-13-2002, 01:37 PM

I don't think it has much to do with Nissan. The ad agency probably got the cars to use for the commercial on the basis that spy pics of them from the shoot wouldn't be showing up all over the net before the commercials air. They don't want to get sh*tcanned by Nissan, hence the military-wannabe security.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:43 PM

The new Nissan Alti-Max! I like it, sorta. Excellent shots! Brilliant work 007 but please do be careful. My eyes really lite up when you said 18inch wheels...yummie.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:46 PM

Hmm, imo the max is getting worse and worse with each new gen after the 4th. WTF were they thinking with that design... it looks like they just photochopped a 350z rear end and an altima front together and called it the 6th gen. It looks like it'll get beat in the twisties by a fing minivan with those gaps, probably will be a highway monster though. I hope this model lasts no more than 2 years before a total revamp. Car companies today forgot all about sleek lines.. bubbles do not = better
Old 12-13-2002, 03:57 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Nice pics.....ugly car...bastard child of an orgy gone bad between a Ford Taurus, Passat, an Alty and a Z! n:
Old 12-13-2002, 04:51 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for the pics! I'm not too impressed with the frontal look. I can't wait until it's officially unveiled to find out more about features and price. Speaking of price, I can't see a loaded SE stickering for less than $37k. Especially since the Murano stickers for that much (and people are paying sticker!) Unbelievable!
Old 12-13-2002, 06:25 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX
Nice pics.....ugly car...bastard child of an orgy gone bad between a Ford Taurus, Passat, an Alty and a Z! n:
and the back looks like a thinner edition of a lincoln towncar
Old 12-13-2002, 07:47 PM
supertool

I would not buy the 2004.
The overall shape is descent, but the details are horrible. I would give nissan 1 or 2 years to hear all the complaints about the styling and come out with a descent looking 2005 or 2006.

Old 12-13-2002, 11:12 PM

The GXE will still exist????

I thought the GXE model was being phased out of MY 2004? I hope I am wrong. I could afford the GXE or S models as it will probably be called. Are you positive that it was a GXE model? Did it have leather, how were the interior materials?
Thanks in advance.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:58 PM

Originally posted by ch13f
Hmm, imo the max is getting worse and worse with each new gen after the 4th. WTF were they thinking with that design... it looks like they just photochopped a 350z rear end and an altima front together and called it the 6th gen. It looks like it'll get beat in the twisties by a fing minivan with those gaps, probably will be a highway monster though. I hope this model lasts no more than 2 years before a total revamp. Car companies today forgot all about sleek lines.. bubbles do not = better
I TOTALLY AGREE IM EXCITED THAT THEY WILL HAVE A NEW LOOK....BUT THE LOOKS ARE BAD...BIG GAPS IN THE FENDER WELL??? COME ON YOU WOULD THINK NISSAN WOULD LEARN AFTER 4TH GEN....STILL THEY CARRY ON WITH THE SAME FLAWS...IT LOOKS LIKE A SUPPED UP ALTIMA...TRULY DISSAPPOINTED...I WAS EXPECTING IT TO HAVE A GREAT LUXURY LOOK SIMILAR TO THE Q45'S SINCE ITS GONNA SUPPOSEDLY HAVE A 8CYL 300+ HP
WEIRD *** SHAPES....ALL THE ****TY COMPANIES LIKE MAZDA AND OTHERS ARE COMING UP WITH SOME FRESSH NEW CARS AND ALL NISSAN COUULD DO IS TAKE A ALTIMA PLATFORM AND SLAP A MAXIMA TAG ON IT
D I S G U S T I N G...WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN
...4TH GEN<-MINOR FLAWS, ALOT OF POTENTIAL I THINK THE BEST OF ALL GENERATIONS
Old 12-14-2002, 06:59 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by APER5

I TOTALLY AGREE IM EXCITED THAT THEY WILL HAVE A NEW LOOK....BUT THE LOOKS ARE BAD...BIG GAPS IN THE FENDER WELL??? COME ON YOU WOULD THINK NISSAN WOULD LEARN AFTER 4TH GEN....STILL THEY CARRY ON WITH THE SAME FLAWS...IT LOOKS LIKE A SUPPED UP ALTIMA...TRULY DISSAPPOINTED...I WAS EXPECTING IT TO HAVE A GREAT LUXURY LOOK SIMILAR TO THE Q45'S SINCE ITS GONNA SUPPOSEDLY HAVE A 8CYL 300+ HP
WEIRD *** SHAPES....ALL THE ****TY COMPANIES LIKE MAZDA AND OTHERS ARE COMING UP WITH SOME FRESSH NEW CARS AND ALL NISSAN COUULD DO IS TAKE A ALTIMA PLATFORM AND SLAP A MAXIMA TAG ON IT
Stop yelling and stop typing in run-on sentences.
Old 12-14-2002, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by APER5

Old 12-15-2002, 02:01 PM

The front grill is UGLY. They must trying to woo some of the Buick or Avalon buyers with that
Old 12-17-2002, 10:15 PM

it DOES look just like that Teanna (or whatever Nissan) in Japan!! the front end is nearly identical.. who said it looked nothing like it??

It may be ugly... but it'll be faster than all your 2002's and 2003's... gay-raun-tee!!!
Old 12-20-2002, 04:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

The overall shape is descent, but the details are horrible.

And how is this any different than the current Maxima???
Old 12-20-2002, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by PeterUbers
it DOES look just like that Teanna (or whatever Nissan) in Japan!! the front end is nearly identical.. who said it looked nothing like it??
I can see people who don't like the front grill on the Maxima swapping them out for the Teana one..
Old 12-20-2002, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by RyRy

I can see people who don't like the front grill on the Maxima swapping them out for the Teana one..
teana
Old 12-21-2002, 06:32 AM

Re: Re: More Pics - 2004 GXE

Originally posted by Big_Ham

Pics on www.maximafreak.com ... pics 4-6 are the GXE

Oh, and that "spy" front end from the Brian V pics appears to be the official front end ... YUCK.
Is it just me or did others get a virus alert when looking thru that link???? I got notice of a trojan horse virus attached to one of the pics.

Be careful....
Old 12-21-2002, 08:32 AM
MaximaFreak

Re: Re: Re: More Pics - 2004 GXE

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900

Is it just me or did others get a virus alert when looking thru that link???? I got notice of a trojan horse virus attached to one of the pics.

Be careful....
What trojan horse? That's my site and there better not be a trojan horse. I'm scanning the server as we speak. Email me at joel@bigham.com with screenshots please.
Old 12-21-2002, 08:59 AM

I think it looks ugly...
Old 12-29-2002, 10:10 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I can see people like me not ever BUYING ONE !
Old 12-29-2002, 10:23 PM

Originally posted by kloogy
I can see people like me not ever BUYING ONE !
Yup.. Seems like Nissan is trying to capture the Avalon-aged crowd.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:52 PM

Yup.. Seems like Nissan is trying to capture the Avalon-aged crowd.
I didn't think the Avalon had a crowd.
Old 12-29-2002, 11:42 PM

Originally posted by SamMan23

I didn't think the Avalon had a crowd.

lol