6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

V8 maxima

Old 12-23-2002, 06:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JettmiesterMax
Originally posted by JeffCatt
I'm talking about the *New* Maxima, you know the sweet little fatty that is nothing more than a bloated Altima.......duh. [/QUOTE

You are the one who called the New max a bloated Altima...

Warrlocked, the poor guy can't understand his own post, not to mention a reply to it.
How so jettmeitstersmynameistoolong? I clearly understood my own post. It's just too bad others haven't caught on to the facts.
I didn't so much have to correct myself as much as I had to s-p-e-l-l i-t o-u-t.....
Old 12-23-2002, 06:33 PM

How so jettmeitstersmynameistoolong? I clearly understood my own post. It's just too bad others haven't caught on to the facts.
I didn't so much have to correct myself as much as I had to s-p-e-l-l i-t o-u-t.....

Here he goes again "thinking" he had to spell it out!! LOL
Old 12-23-2002, 06:34 PM

They might not put a V8 in. Good for them the 4000 pound Altima with a V6 claiming to pump out (an optimistic) 280hp should be almost as fun to drive as a Crown vic....sporty,no?
That about spells out what you said: Note the word Altima.
Old 12-23-2002, 06:38 PM

Originally posted by warrlocked

Warrlocked, it appears this kid needs to ask santa for a clue for Christmas...
Old 12-23-2002, 06:44 PM

Yes the "new" maxima is nothing more than an Altima. You don't seem to understand this and it frustrates me that "some" "people" don't seem to "get it".
P.S I can use pretty italics too.
Old 12-23-2002, 06:50 PM

Originally posted by JettmiesterMax

Warrlocked, it appears this kid needs to ask santa for a clue for Christmas...
Oh Boo Hoo, I'm a kid.
You probably have a crappy life. So you feel by antagonizing people on the internet you are some how better and that I guess gives you some sick sad sense of satisfaction...oh how sad.
I really don't know where you think your going with the whole Maxima not being more than a bloated Altima, but hey we can all dream can't we....
Old 12-23-2002, 07:19 PM

Oh Boo Hoo, I'm a kid.
You probably have a crappy life. So you feel by antagonizing people on the internet you are some how better and that I guess gives you some sick sad sense of satisfaction...oh how sad.
I really don't know where you think your going with the whole Maxima not being more than a bloated Altima, but hey we can all dream can't we....
Hey man, it was you in another thread that didn't even know the '04 Max was based off of the Altima! Didn't even know that in order to have FWD you needed a transversly mounted engine. (Or at least that is what it looked as though from your posts)

I am a true Nissan / Maxima enthusiast. I have owned 2 and have owned my latest Max for over 3 years. I have been a member of Maxima.org for over 2 years. I don't come on here to start fights. I try to be as helpful as I can on this board. If you ever need any help or advice with anything I would be the first person to point you in a good direction to get it.

But when I see someone saying something that clearly isn't correct...I am going to say something about it. I was very confused that you used Altima when you were actually meaning '04 Maxima (based off Altima plaform). If you would have pointed that out in the paragraph it would have been a little easier to get it...and I defy anyone to get what you meant by reading that post.

Anyway, this is the first time that I have gotten into anything resembling "flaming" here.

Sorry if I inadvertently offended you in any way.
Old 12-23-2002, 07:39 PM

Hey man, it was you in another thread that didn't even know the '04 Max was based off of the Altima! .....
Oh that's ok man. I too apologize(spelling?*) I normaly no not participate in "flame wars" but sometimes I feel I am being misunderstood. I am aware that when a car is fwd it has to have it's engine mounted transversally. An yes I'm aware the New Maxima is based off the current Altima but I was (optimisticly) thinking Nissan could easily make a performance version of the Maxima. Kinda like the G35 and G35 Sport coupe, they have very few parts in common, aside from the engine of course that's slight tunned more in the Coupe.
Again, I wasn't really targeting any of my mud slinging at you (I apologise again) but more towards another who just as well remains nameless.
Old 01-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The V8 has to be an option sometime down the road since competitors are now offering them widely. I too talked with a sales rep and he hinted at a V8 version pushing nearly 400; no mention of AWD or any of that. Nissan's logical move for the Maxima to regain its' "flagship" status is to gain some beef. It'll happen. If not immediately (probably will be immediate), then soon after (2 years typical).

--Ben

BBA in Marketing- Internship with Nissan.
Old 01-01-2003, 07:24 PM
vqman

Originally posted by benolin
The V8 has to be an option sometime down the road since competitors are now offering them widely. I too talked with a sales rep and he hinted at a V8 version pushing nearly 400; no mention of AWD or any of that. Nissan's logical move for the Maxima to regain its' "flagship" status is to gain some beef. It'll happen. If not immediately (probably will be immediate), then soon after (2 years typical).

--Ben

BBA in Marketing- Internship with Nissan.
would have to be RWD...torque steer is already hau-haauuu HANUS!

-vq