6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

so whos gonna be the first one???

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 12:37 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

so whos gonna be the first one???

is there anybody the org whos gonna fork over their 5th gen for a 6th gen ? i say 5th gen cause i know the 4th gen and 3rd gen boys wouldnt do it.

but anyway anybody got one on order? when the 2k2s came out there was an asssload of guys with them on order.
Old 02-01-2003, 06:40 AM

Re: so whos gonna be the first one???

Originally posted by nismo2020
is there anybody the org whos gonna fork over their 5th gen for a 6th gen ? i say 5th gen cause i know the 4th gen and 3rd gen boys wouldnt do it.

but anyway anybody got one on order? when the 2k2s came out there was an asssload of guys with them on order.

I don't have one on order, but I've got to tell you I'm sure thinking about it. I think its a sharp car, and it will certainly have a lot more performance than my 01 SE. When I bought my current SE I didn't get a lot of the features that I now really want like nav and leather. It'll come down to the $$$$. I don't think the 04 will be cheap and I don't think a 5th gen will have a great trade in value.

Old 02-01-2003, 07:52 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: so whos gonna be the first one???

Originally posted by Cwa232

I don't have one on order, but I've got to tell you I'm sure thinking about it. I think its a sharp car, and it will certainly have a lot more performance than my 01 SE. When I bought my current SE I didn't get a lot of the features that I now really want like nav and leather. It'll come down to the $$$$. I don't think the 04 will be cheap and I don't think a 5th gen will have a great trade in value.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but the 04 may perform just as well as the 5th gen or a modified 4th gen. Were it not for the IRS they'd probably go head to head.

As far as features go, leather and nav, you can get those with a 5th gen as well. The 6th gen will definitely hit the 30k mark once brought out in the market with the features you're looking for.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:59 AM

I will have to see them first but it looks to be my next car. I think im going to get black!
Old 02-01-2003, 10:43 AM

ME

Done, selling my 4th gen to get the 6th gen...

Been in the works since December...

I will drive a 2004 SE 265 HP, 6 speed, with four bucket seats..

Oh yes i will...
Old 02-01-2003, 01:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: so whos gonna be the first one???

Originally posted by soundmike

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but the 04 may perform just as well as the 5th gen or a modified 4th gen. Were it not for the IRS they'd probably go head to head.

As far as features go, leather and nav, you can get those with a 5th gen as well. The 6th gen will definitely hit the 30k mark once brought out in the market with the features you're looking for.
There's no way that with 265 hp, on what looks like an altima chasis will not be a significant performance improvement over a 2001 se with 222 hp. It's likely to be heavier car - no mistake, but it won't be armor plated or anything. Peace.
Old 02-01-2003, 01:28 PM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: so whos gonna be the first one???

Originally posted by Cwa232
There's no way that with 265 hp, on what looks like an altima chasis will not be a significant performance improvement over a 2001 se with 222 hp. It's likely to be heavier car - no mistake, but it won't be armor plated or anything. Peace.
I'm just saying, given that a 5spd 2001 can hang with an auto 2k2 and that Motor Trend (albeit preliminary) tested the 2k4 as being similar in times as a 2k2/3 that your 2k1 may be able to hang with the 2k4.

Also, given Nissan's number game, we're not even sure that the 2k4 will actually have 265hp as claimed.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:33 PM

Same... Selling my 98 SE to get a 2k4 black Max with 5 star chrome rims
Old 02-02-2003, 11:08 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

looks we have some takers. you guys plan on modding?
Old 02-02-2003, 06:14 PM
Ford Only.

Re: ME

Originally posted by bluefish

Oh yes i will...
You are crazy, just boost your 4th gen if it is more power you want, besides that I cant see anything.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:32 PM

Re: ME

Oh yes i will...
Make sure the 2k4 comes with 265 HP and not 250.
Old 02-07-2003, 05:59 AM

For Sale

Originally posted by dmontzmax

You are crazy, just boost your 4th gen if it is more power you want, besides that I cant see anything.
The 99 SE-Limited is for SALE...

see my website for pics

Not interested in boosting my 4th gen...

VERY interested in mods for the 6th gen..
Old 02-07-2003, 06:54 AM

I'm thinking about it, but it will depend on the $$$.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:55 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Us 4th Gen guys aren't gonna upgrade? yeeeeeaahhhhh...

assuming my 99 can hang on for a few more years, the G6 Maxima will probably be my next car.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:18 AM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

My brother - 4 many reasoms ;)

I'd have to say my brother would get the '04 Max for many reasons...

- He likes his '98 SE (which I once had) more than his '01.5 Passat 1.8T, and knew while I had his max, that I took care of it well & kept it immaculately clean
- He's already having too many problems w/ his Passat after 40K on the odometer
- He likes Maximas so much that he'll even trade his (and once mine) '98 SE for an '04 SE when the time came
- He racks up a lot of miles b/w his new apt. in Ann Arbor, MI & his recent promotion to one of his company's offices in Toledo, OH, + his job requires a lot of driving (district sales manager for ADP - payroll)
Old 02-08-2003, 11:43 AM
i SeE what you did therE

do them come in red?
Old 02-08-2003, 07:00 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by redmaxpa007
do them come in red?
no... your going to have to wait for the SE-L edition
Old 02-09-2003, 10:39 AM

no... your going to have to wait for the SE-L edition
Old 02-13-2003, 12:44 AM

This is how I look at it, my 4th gen blows a$$ pretty much. BUT, I would rather deal with the many issues I have with my 99 SE-L than be seen in that so called 6th gen Crapxima. And trust me, my 99 has issues!!

For example:

1.) A/C and vents blow in air that smell like $hit, pi$$ and mildew.
2.) The rattling has caused a brain tumor in my head. What a PITA!!
3.) The rear brakes make a sexual moaning noise.
4.) The front end makes a very pleasent KLUNK, kinda like reminding you that you have a 4th gen.
5.) The rear end sags. Like my mother-in-laws rear end.
6.) The inferior quality of the interior can now be found at Wal Mart.
7.) I just found out that my beautiful truck beam axle suspension can be swaped with a 1974 Ford Econoline Van without any modifications.
8.) My tranny is shifting and acting like O.J. Weird.

Good luck with your 6th gen boys.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:47 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by Mr. Nismo

This is how I look at it, my 4th gen blows a$$ pretty much. BUT, I would rather deal with the many issues I have with my 99 SE-L than be seen in that so called 6th gen Crapxima. And trust me, my 99 has issues!!

For example:

1.) A/C and vents blow in air that smell like $hit, pi$$ and mildew.
2.) The rattling has caused a brain tumor in my head. What a PITA!!
3.) The rear brakes make a sexual moaning noise.
4.) The front end makes a very pleasent KLUNK, kinda like reminding you that you have a 4th gen.
5.) The rear end sags. Like my mother-in-laws rear end.
6.) The inferior quality of the interior can now be found at Wal Mart.
7.) I just found out that my beautiful truck beam axle suspension can be swaped with a 1974 Ford Econoline Van without any modifications.
8.) My tranny is shifting and acting like O.J. Weird.

Good luck with your 6th gen boys.

Old 02-13-2003, 05:07 AM

For example:....
My 99 regular SE has none of those issues. Except for the p!ss smelling A/C on startup on hot days. There's a fix for that in the 4th Gen FAQ by ericdwong
Old 02-13-2003, 11:52 AM

Originally posted by SteVTEC
My 99 regular SE has none of those issues. Except for the p!ss smelling A/C on startup on hot days. There's a fix for that in the 4th Gen FAQ by ericdwong
I would love to fix it but I would prefer a 747 land on it.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:26 PM

I even had this prob. on my '98 Altima GLE, drove me bonkers, the smell even came when I took it thru a car wash
Old 02-13-2003, 10:20 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: so whos gonna be the first one???

I would love to fix it but I would prefer a 747 land on it.
...so that you can buy one of the first 6th Gen's, which is probably why you're posting here so much despite all of your "hater" posts.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:55 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so whos gonna be the first one???

...so that you can buy one of the first 6th Gen's, which is probably why you're posting here so much despite all of your "hater" posts.
I'm sorry but your stats on the 04 do not convince me in any manner that it's a contender in the "sports" market.

I wouldn't buy a 6th gen if they wholesaled it to me and gave me 3 VE 5 speeds. I am definately hating on the 04 Max. Just because it has IRS now doesn't make it any better and definately any prettier. 265 hp FWD can't compete with a RWD G35. Look at the price! Why in the world would you buy a FWD car when you can get a RWD for the same price and then some?!

Nissan took a step back this time around. I love what they are doing with their Infiniti line.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:58 PM
Ford Only.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so whos gonna be the first one???

I'm sorry but your stats on the 04 do not convince me in any manner that it's a contender in the "sports" market.

I wouldn't buy a 6th gen if they wholesaled it to me and gave me 3 VE 5 speeds. I am definately hating on the 04 Max. Just because it has IRS now doesn't make it any better and definately any prettier. 265 hp FWD can't compete with a RWD G35. Look at the price! Why in the world would you buy a FWD car when you can get a RWD for the same price and then some?!

Nissan took a step back this time around. I love what they are doing with their Infiniti line.
Since you drive both a 3rd gen VE and a 4th gen, could you give us some comparo's on the daily driving, etc...?

Thanks.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:19 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so whos gonna be the first one???

Since you drive both a 3rd gen VE and a 4th gen, could you give us some comparo's on the daily driving, etc...?

Thanks.
Only you would ask mushroom head.

Hmmmmmm..........I want to keep this short. What I should say or ask is that why did Nissan downgrade the 4th gen dramatically. I do like the looks of the 4th gen and I like the VQ engine. In comparison, the 4th gen lacks IRS and major quality points against the 3rd gen. Hands down the 3rd gen is a "sportier" more agressive car. It handles like a BMW. It also has better power up top.

I now have 30k miles on my 99 and it seems that it has good power down low. But the tranny seems to kill power when it shifts. I dont have the confidence to take the car at high speeds like I do the VE. I can definately tell I'm doing 115 in the VQ but not the VE. In summary, the VQ is a great second car, it's reliable/dependable, good looking, quiet and somewhat sporty. Until I can resolve some issues besides non IRS with the 99 I can only say that I love Nissan for making the 92-94 SEs.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:22 AM
Ford Only.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so whos gonna be the first one???

Only you would ask mushroom head.
You like my mushroom head eh?

lol.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:24 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so whos gonna be the first one???

You like my mushroom head eh?

lol.
Is he gay or what?
Old 02-14-2003, 12:25 AM
Ford Only.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so whos gonna be the first one???

Is he gay or what?
hey, you were the one talking about my mushroom head.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so whos gonna be the first one???

hey, you were the one talking about my mushroom head.
I was referring to that stuff you eat in the middle of the night on the roof.

Word is you're saving up for the 6th gen?!
Old 02-14-2003, 06:29 AM

I wouldn't buy a 6th gen if they wholesaled it to me and gave me 3 VE 5 speeds. I am definately hating on the 04 Max. Just because it has IRS now doesn't make it any better and definately any prettier. 265 hp FWD can't compete with a RWD G35. Look at the price! Why in the world would you buy a FWD car when you can get a RWD for the same price and then some?! :confused :
That's where I think you're wrong. The prices are NOT going to be the same. You know that Maxima's NEVER EVER go for MSRP. You'll be able to get a nicely equipped Max for $28k EASY. The same equipment on a G35 will run you at least $32k at a minimum, and doesn't discount off of MSRP very much. If Nissan doesn't discount the Maxima significantly, then obviously people would go buy G35's, but that isn't gonna happen. You're reading into the MSRP prices too much

And plus people that buy the Maxima are always looking for a little more room anyways, which the G35 doesn't have. The Maxima was NEVER a sports car, but you're making it out like it's still supposed to be one.

Why?

Go buy a G35
Old 02-14-2003, 11:04 AM

That's where I think you're wrong. The prices are NOT going to be the same. You know that Maxima's NEVER EVER go for MSRP. You'll be able to get a nicely equipped Max for $28k EASY. The same equipment on a G35 will run you at least $32k at a minimum, and doesn't discount off of MSRP very much.

The Maxima was NEVER a sports car, but you're making it out like it's still supposed to be one.
We have yet to see what Nissan is going to exactly price the 04 Max at. A base G35 goes for $29k. I really doubt Nissan will discount a fully loaded Max with all the goodies from $34k to 28K, no way. The new Max is crossing the line and it's stepping into Infiniti territory.

The Maxima has been one of the sportiest 4 door cars around. I never said it was a "true" sports car! I know that it's not but it sure can hang with some of the big boys. For alot less money I may add. The 6th gen is nothing but a big blur and that's why alot of people are dissapointed. No RWD or AWD. Ugly body. Less Sports Soul.
For alittle less room you wouldnt' sacrifice and get more bang for your buck at Infiniti?!
Old 02-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Why in the world would you buy a FWD car when you can get a RWD for the same price and then some?!

Why wouldn't I buy RWD...SNOW!!!! If a G35 was the same price as my below invoice '03, I would still get the Max. Don't get me wrong, I drool over the G35, especially the Coupe, but I can't buy one regardless of price. I drive 50,000 miles a year all over the state of Ohio. I drive through snow 3 times a week in Dec-Feb. Even with dedicated snows, I have had a couple of scary moments this winter. I can't imagine doing what I do with RWD. FWD is my only choice in the Nissan line up.

In the Max (Gen4, 5, or 6), I get a ton of power, features, and manual tranny (I won't touch an Auto...another negative about the G35 Sedan)at a fantastic price. There aren't too many other out there like that.

AWD is my best choice, but the WRX and A4s are tiny, the A6 is perfect except for price, and the Passats and Legacy are underpowered. Hopefully the Max will have the option for 2005...sign me up then!!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by MS 2K1 AE
I won't touch an Auto...another negative about the G35 Sedan
AFAIK the G35 4-door now has a 6-speed manual as an option as of early '03
Old 02-14-2003, 04:18 PM

Originally posted by MS 2K1 AE

Why wouldn't I buy RWD...SNOW!!!!

I see RWD cars in the snow all the time. Then again I'm alittle ignorant cause it's not every century that it snows in LA.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so whos gonna be the first one???

although the design is "unique" at best, It's looking like the G35 MT Sedan will be the next car in my garage.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:46 AM

Re: For Sale

The 99 SE-Limited is for SALE...

see my website for pics

Not interested in boosting my 4th gen...

VERY interested in mods for the 6th gen..
Dan I thought you were getting the Z?
Old 03-01-2003, 10:34 AM

Re: Re: ME

Make sure the 2k4 comes with 265 HP and not 250.