6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Just picked up my 2004

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 01:49 PM

Re: Just picked up my 2004 with pics

Originally posted by 2004BlackMax
I just picked up a 2004 Black Maxima SE with a frost interior, the Elite Package and every option. Paid 35K, couldn't talk him down below invoice.
First of all, in black, it looks awesome. Grill and all. It defiantley has a much richer look than the Altima.

Driving the car is where you really learn to apprecaite the automobile. The suspension is great, the car hugs the road like no other maxima in the past and way better than the Altima.
So far, I love the car. Not like an Altima as other post on the board have suggested. These people obviously havent driven the car. Im sure Ill find some quirky things that annoy me, but so far, i love it. I probably should have waited and could have gotten a better deal.

http://04blackmax.netfirms.com/
I'm glad you like your car, but I wouldn't give up my 02 Altima even if you gave me a BLOATED 04 Max for free. JMO
Old 03-22-2003, 05:21 PM

Originally posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
It makes you feel special because its yours and you spent your hard earned money on it you should feel that way most people with new cars feel that way. I am sure some guys with loaded 02/03's feel the same way, but a car has never made me feel special even when I drive my wifes 350. Congrats

Ok, your taking my words out of context. No, I do not need a car to feel special about myself. I bought my 01 brand new, loaded and it was great; but it didn't have the high end feel that the 04 has. Thats all I was trying to say.
Old 03-22-2003, 05:56 PM

Originally posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
It makes you feel special because its yours and you spent your hard earned money on it you should feel that way most people with new cars feel that way. I am sure some guys with loaded 02/03's feel the same way, but a car has never made me feel special even when I drive my wifes 350. Congrats
WOW you dont even feel special when you drive your wife's 350Z? give the guy a break he just is excited to have a new 04......
Old 03-22-2003, 07:24 PM

Re: Spoiler?

Originally posted by y sleep
The spoiler is no longer standard on the SE. Your car looks great! I am curious why it doesn't have a spoiler or is the raised lip on the trunk a replacement? Was the spoiler an option you did not want?
y
Mine has the spoiler on it. BTW I have heard only one person say they didn't like it and she only drives Buicks. Still everyone is entitled to their opinion. I love my car and that's enough for me.

Overall, I had about 10 people stop by the front of my house while I was washing it today. (It rained the day after I bought it ) They all have commented on how good it looks. I can't complain about that. Not one said it looked like an Altima and one of them drives that and a 350Z.

As for price I did the best I could, but I really wanted that car ($30,600 with everything, but elite and navi... MRSP was $32,532).

As far as I could tell it's the only black one on the East coast with HLSD & drivers preferred (not elite package) until 8 April. I had a dealer looking for one and that's what he told me. I'm just enjoying it.

Thanks for the support out there.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:31 PM

FWIW...I test drove the 6-speed today....

it was AWESOME!!

The only complaint I really have about the car's styling is the steering wheel, Just don't like it. other then that I think the car looks great. It's a huge difference when you see the car in person...I never like the pics much.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:29 AM

Re: Spoiler?

Originally posted by y sleep
The spoiler is no longer standard on the SE.
Correct. Spoiler is an option on SE. It's included in Preferred, Journey and Elite Packages, as well as a stand alone option.
Old 03-23-2003, 04:00 PM

Just picked up my Onyx 2004 SE yesterday (Elite package, 5-spd A/T, frost leather) and I am already infatuated with it. This is a bigger upgrade for me than most, given that I have a 2000 GLE with 39,000 miles that I will try to get rid of. The dealership gave me a $700 over invoice deal, but wanted to outright rob me on my trade-in. Look in the classifieds if interested.

On to the car. The car just seems "nicer" overall than the 5th gen. The fit and materials are a little better. I often thought the interior of the 5th gen could seem a bit chintzy. The manual shift option on the 5-spd A/T is nice, but not a replacement for a 6-spd M/T. I just couldn't justify the manual in Atlanta traffic.

I do not like the "notchback" look of the rear or the grill, but the rearend looks good and the side-view (minus the back window) looks great. Overall, I am happy (as soon as I get rid of my other car and payment).
Old 03-23-2003, 06:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey! Only $700 over invoice? The car's not been out even one month yet; sounds like a great deal.

Originally posted by jahannah
Just picked up my Onyx 2004 SE yesterday (Elite package, 5-spd A/T, frost leather) and I am already infatuated with it. This is a bigger upgrade for me than most, given that I have a 2000 GLE with 39,000 miles that I will try to get rid of. The dealership gave me a $700 over invoice deal, but wanted to outright rob me on my trade-in. Look in the classifieds if interested.

On to the car. The car just seems "nicer" overall than the 5th gen. The fit and materials are a little better. I often thought the interior of the 5th gen could seem a bit chintzy. The manual shift option on the 5-spd A/T is nice, but not a replacement for a 6-spd M/T. I just couldn't justify the manual in Atlanta traffic.

I do not like the "notchback" look of the rear or the grill, but the rearend looks good and the side-view (minus the back window) looks great. Overall, I am happy (as soon as I get rid of my other car and payment).
Old 03-23-2003, 07:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Did you get traction control or vehicle stability control or whatever it is? Do you think it's worth having?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jahannah
[B]Just picked up my Onyx 2004 SE yesterday (Elite package, 5-spd A/T, frost leather) and I am already infatuated with it.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:24 PM
Banned

Hmmm.......I'm still not sure if I'm feelin it for the 6th gen (I guess I'll have to check it out at the dealership next time) but anyways, Congratulations on the purchase!
Old 03-23-2003, 11:16 PM
Sports Button FTW

dam, 04 looks hot as hell, F what ya heard, it looks much smaller than i thought, which is a GOOD thing. reminds me of a over sized jetta and i always thought the jetta's looked too small. I'm feeling it, a lot. Would like to see one in person, PREFERABLY 6 speed, dam auto's
Old 03-24-2003, 08:26 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lobewiper
[B]Did you get traction control or vehicle stability control or whatever it is? Do you think it's worth having?

Did not get the traction control (TCS) or the other traction option (not sure about the name). I almost wish I had, if only for the reason that the full-size spare with alloy wheel comes with the option. I would love to have a replacement wheel, especially since I am prone to knocking out large chunks on curbs, etc.

The things I have heard about the TCS and other stability control don't sound promising, but I have not driven a car with one, so I will leave that to others.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by jahannah

I've got the same exact car, same options, no traction.

Are you enjoying your car as much as I am.

I am 9 days into mine and love it. No major complaints but a few minor ones. There is something lose in the rear deck driver side near the sub-woofer. There is a squeaking or creeking noise that only presents itself in certain temperatures. When it's hot, I dont hear it, but when it cools down at night, its relaly annoying. Its obviosuly something that just nees to be tightened. I looked in the trunk and pulled some of the lining but cant get to anyting. Im bringing it back to the dealer tommorw.

Any strange creeks or noises comming form yours?

Otherwise, the car is perfect.

Greg
Old 03-24-2003, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by JAKE02

WOW you dont even feel special when you drive your wife's 350Z? give the guy a break he just is excited to have a new 04......
Not being hard on him and no I dont feel special driving the Z, its just a Z just like the Max is just a Max. I only feel that way when I drive my brothers new M3.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by 2004BlackMax

I've got the same exact car, same options, no traction.

Are you enjoying your car as much as I am.

I am 9 days into mine and love it. No major complaints but a few minor ones. There is something lose in the rear deck driver side near the sub-woofer. There is a squeaking or creeking noise that only presents itself in certain temperatures. When it's hot, I dont hear it, but when it cools down at night, its relaly annoying. Its obviosuly something that just nees to be tightened. I looked in the trunk and pulled some of the lining but cant get to anyting. Im bringing it back to the dealer tommorw.

Any strange creeks or noises comming form yours?

Otherwise, the car is perfect.

Greg
Absolutely. I have only had the car three days, but I already like it more than I liked my 2000 GLE after three months. So far, no creaks or nasty noises (knock on wood), but I have noticed some small interior fit issues (which hopefully the dealer will address). Good luck!