6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Wow

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 02:00 PM

Wow

I just came back from test driving the new 2k4 maxima, and I was breathless.........The whole interior is completely new.......everything in the car felt a lot more solid (I can still here the thump from closing the door in my head) - I am impressed , I was thinking about trading in my 2k2 at that moment. DAMN! I wish I had the money; I'm almost definite I'm going to get it later on this year. I'm still drooling over it

*If you have not done so, PLS go test drive one NOW!

The engine felt a lot stronger than my current 2k2 for some reason (255 vs. 265), and the car had almost no noise what so ever while I was doing 80. This car truly felt like a BMW. ALSO.....a lot of stuff comes standard in the SL (Test Car) compared to the previous GLE and the price is about the same!!

I think Nissan has a winner ..... GOOD JOB NISSAN!

MAN, WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE MADE CARS LIKE THIS SOONER!
Old 03-22-2003, 06:51 PM

Wow...and NOW!

My wife and I spent an hour test driving an SL today. We will be picking up our 04 SL with Elite Package, sunroof, mats and mudguards on Monday. We're trading our 03 GLE (our salesman took an 03 GLE on trade last week). I feel that says it all.

I'll have some accessories to sell: Titanium Edition door sills (blonde interior), clear corners, front and rear, maybe a FSTB and JWT pop charger if they don't fit the 04 AND a Stillen RSB that is still in the original platic wrap.

Assuming nothing falls through with the deal Monday, I'll be listing these in the "parts for sale" thread and on ebay.

srm
Old 03-22-2003, 07:30 PM

Re: Wow

My buddy owns a 1 year old 325i and when he checked out my new 04 SE he was drooling all over it. I paid about the same as he did for his BMW, but have much more stuff. As for the feel of the dash and doors (upper arm rests and above) they were just as soft as his. I'm sure you can tell I agree with you.

-Ed

Originally posted by 2k2maxima
I just came back from test driving the new 2k4 maxima, and I was breathless.........The whole interior is completely new.......everything in the car felt a lot more solid (I can still here the thump from closing the door in my head) - I am impressed , I was thinking about trading in my 2k2 at that moment. DAMN! I wish I had the money; I'm almost definite I'm going to get it later on this year. I'm still drooling over it

*If you have not done so, PLS go test drive one NOW!

The engine felt a lot stronger than my current 2k2 for some reason (255 vs. 265), and the car had almost no noise what so ever while I was doing 80. This car truly felt like a BMW. ALSO.....a lot of stuff comes standard in the SL (Test Car) compared to the previous GLE and the price is about the same!!

I think Nissan has a winner ..... GOOD JOB NISSAN!

MAN, WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE MADE CARS LIKE THIS SOONER!
Old 03-22-2003, 08:56 PM

Re: Wow...and NOW!

Originally posted by Maxmann
My wife and I spent an hour test driving an SL today. We will be picking up our 04 SL with Elite Package, sunroof, mats and mudguards on Monday. We're trading our 03 GLE (our salesman took an 03 GLE on trade last week). I feel that says it all.

I'll have some accessories to sell: Titanium Edition door sills (blonde interior), clear corners, front and rear, maybe a FSTB and JWT pop charger if they don't fit the 04 AND a Stillen RSB that is still in the original platic wrap.

Assuming nothing falls through with the deal Monday, I'll be listing these in the "parts for sale" thread and on ebay.

srm
Hey congrats on the new purchase, I wanted to do the same thing but I wasn't sure how they would react. If you don't mind me asking, how much more did you end up paying on top of your car??? Also you had purchased the SL right?? In addition, did they budge with the price at all?? Also how much difference does it come out to be monthly??

Thanks for all the help...

*Enjoy your new ride, I know I would
Old 03-22-2003, 10:08 PM

Re: Wow...and NOW!

srm
Congrats on the purchase. I am a week into my 04 SE elite. I traded in my 01. I got killed on the trade in, but who cares. You are absolutely right. The car is awesome I walked into the dealer last Saturday for a test drive, and walked out with the 04. Its amazing to hear all the mixed reviews and chatter about this vehicle. To me, its no contest.

Check out the pics of my car.

http://04blackmax.netfirms.com
Old 03-23-2003, 05:29 AM

Re: Re: Wow...and NOW!

Originally posted by 2004BlackMax

Congrats on the purchase. I am a week into my 04 SE elite. I traded in my 01. I got killed on the trade in, but who cares. You are absolutely right. The car is awesome I walked into the dealer last Saturday for a test drive, and walked out with the 04. Its amazing to hear all the mixed reviews and chatter about this vehicle. To me, its no contest.

Check out the pics of my car.

http://04blackmax.netfirms.com
They gave $24,600 for my GLE;we paid approx. $28k for it because we got it heavily discounted (stickered for $31,952). I did get VPP discount on the 04; got the price down to invoice (stickered @ $34,180; invoice is $30,476. I carried approx. $3k over into the retail finance deal (adt'l taxes on the lease deal I was getting out of cost me about $1500). The payment difference to me today is exactly $60/month. Not bad at all if you can swing it. But, the VPP deal I got isn't going to everybody...I have the benefit of friends and family working for Nissan here in the Smyrna plant. I wouldn't have done the deal/couldn't have done the deal, without the discounts.

srm
Old 03-23-2003, 07:19 AM

Re: Re: Re: Wow...and NOW!

whoa! they gave u 24 grand for ur car? i just asked my dealer out of curiosity and he said the same for my 2K2 with a 6-speed

They gave $24,600 for my GLE;we paid approx. $28k for it because we got it heavily discounted (stickered for $31,952). I did get VPP discount on the 04; got the price down to invoice (stickered @ $34,180; invoice is $30,476. I carried approx. $3k over into the retail finance deal (adt'l taxes on the lease deal I was getting out of cost me about $1500). The payment difference to me today is exactly $60/month. Not bad at all if you can swing it. But, the VPP deal I got isn't going to everybody...I have the benefit of friends and family working for Nissan here in the Smyrna plant. I wouldn't have done the deal/couldn't have done the deal, without the discounts.

srm
Old 03-23-2003, 08:39 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wow...and NOW!

Originally posted by max...to the ma
whoa! they gave u 24 grand for ur car? i just asked my dealer out of curiosity and he said the same for my 2K2 with a 6-speed

They are making it up on the back side then. A 2k2 is not worth any where near that. They are discounting 03's to that price. Just watch the numbers. A dealer won't lose.

srm