6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

20's for my new max

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

20's for my new max

i need to find some 20" SEVEN spoke (similar to the ones available on 5th generation) rims for my new max... can anyone help me out locating some on the web???
Old 04-02-2003, 08:04 AM

Re: 20's for my new max

Originally posted by pat22lax
i need to find some 20" SEVEN spoke (similar to the ones available on 5th generation) rims for my new max... can anyone help me out locating some on the web???

Check wheelmax.com-decent selection and good prices.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:00 AM

Found these 20" on wheelmax.com I think they are very clean looking.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:46 AM

nooooooooooooo, thats size car u have to have something with a fat lip. least 3 inches
Old 08-08-2003, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by 04blackse
nooooooooooooo, thats size car u have to have something with a fat lip. least 3 inches
why do you say buy a fat lip? is it for styling/safety/durability?

additionally, i am thinking about buying 20" lexani krystals or sterlings...by your post, i should buy the VPs or Mayas?
Old 08-08-2003, 12:08 PM

Bersaglio spoke
Same company as Lowenhart but not as expensive (I think they are all from the Hart wheels company).
Nice 3pc Wheel they have 18's, 19's and 20's
The 04 is a car to PIMP. It is not a ricer, so keep it classily.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:24 PM

Originally posted by nice95GLE
It is not a ricer, so keep it classy.
Amen to that, the last thing I wanna see if an '04 Max with chrome stickers on the body, huge ground effects, and sounds like a ****ed off bumble bee when it passes, ick

Chrome rims, conservative ground effects, dropped a little bit, and some TV's to top it off Makes me happy just thinkin about it
Old 08-08-2003, 05:49 PM

PLEASE do not put anything with a lip larger than 1" on a FWD car. PLEAAASEEE.

Please, some Volks, I-forged, Racing HArts.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:01 PM

i dissagree with you about the 1' lip

i had a 19x8 on my lil civic before this car, with a 2.5 inch lip, on the max iam gonna put 20x9's on the front and 20x10's on the back....i know its not a rear wheel drive, as far as i was told it wont make a difference doingt that..here are the wheels i plan to go with

go with a lip, or u might as well bought a civic, or an rsx
Old 08-08-2003, 08:52 PM

i had a 19x8 on my lil civic before this car, with a 2.5 inch lip, on the max iam gonna put 20x9's on the front and 20x10's on the back....i know its not a rear wheel drive, as far as i was told it wont make a difference doingt that..here are the wheels i plan to go with

go with a lip, or u might as well bought a civic, or an rsx
that will take care of rotating those tires.
Old 08-09-2003, 11:43 AM

I like these (as seen on a Nissan MO)
Old 08-10-2003, 02:32 PM

I wouldn't go over the 18" size they have.
You'll not only slow the car down by going to 20", but you'll make the ride too harsh. And worst of all, it'll look just too ghetto and ridiculous.
Get some nice lightweight 18". This way, you'll still personalize your car, but not have to change tires and lightening up the unsprung weight, which will give you a bit better acceleration as well.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:59 PM

18's are gheeeyyy, why would someone buy a riom the same size as stock, as far as slowing it down, well then get a forged wheels weighs the same as an 18 inch wheel and fills the wheel well a hell of alot better then the stock ones or ant aftermarket 18....you go put 18's on yours ill put 20s on mine, then will post pics, youll regret getting 18's
Old 08-10-2003, 10:45 PM

18's are gheeeyyy, why would someone buy a riom the same size as stock, as far as slowing it down, well then get a forged wheels weighs the same as an 18 inch wheel and fills the wheel well a hell of alot better then the stock ones or ant aftermarket 18....you go put 18's on yours ill put 20s on mine, then will post pics, youll regret getting 18's

A don't forget to post the pictures of your car when those wheels get stolen too. 18's will look a whole lot better then.

No, the truth is, this wheel size fad that has come about in the past couple of years is out of hand.
It looks just...well...stupid to have too big of rims on a car.
Why would someone buy a rim the same size as stock you ask?
Well, because maybe it looks the best that way. Do you think designers and engineers just pull wheel sizes out of a hat. Don't you think they look at what the car looks like with 16's, 17's, etc etc??

The ghetto boys and "homies" think it's all about the wheels.
They're the same guys who wear the big thick gold rope chains around their neck and have the delusional belief that people think they look cool!
Nice rims aren't about the size.
I'm guessing you are young, when you get a bit older you'll realize that.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:57 AM

To each his own I have a friend with an '03 Altima with some chrome 20" rims and I think it looks great. I have also seen cars with nice 18" rims that looks just as good. Everyone has their own opinion of what looks the best so I'd say do what you think is the best. That photoshopped pic by Stealth, silver Max with 19" Italia Riva's, a different grille and ground effects is the best looking Max I've seen so far IMO. Everyone is entitled to their .02 cents, so I had to add mine
Old 08-11-2003, 09:50 PM

hey driver72.....how old are you that comment could only come from a 52 year old.....and dont u notice that every year cars are being made with bigger and bigger rims, look at a 1995 max, what size wheels it come with...ummm 15's perhaps, get with the times, hey the 1980's called they want there way of thinking back!!
Old 08-14-2003, 12:10 PM

You can disagree that is cool but you'll look dumb. Cause it's a FWD car. There is a FUNCTIONAL purpose to rims you know. RWD cars have lips because when you get a staggered set-up (only on high hp RWD cars) you go with wider rears. The REASON u go with wider rears is to have more tire tread to put that power to the floor.

Large lips on FWD cars is ricer, silly and useless.
You'll not only slow the car down by going to 20", but you'll make the ride too harsh. And worst of all, it'll look just too ghetto and ridiculous.
Yes, the ride in your Max will be hella harsh.
18's are gheeeyyy, why would someone buy a riom the same size as stock,
I agree with the same size comment, at least plus 1.
To each his own I have a friend with an '03 Altima with some chrome 20" rims and I think it looks great
20s on Altimas are for fake ballas. It looks ridiculous. 20s belong on expensive, big body cars and trucks.

Same company as Lowenhart but not as expensive
That means it's a knock-off, a fake of the original. Like Pro-Wings instead of real Air Jordans.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:50 PM

hey driver72.....how old are you that comment could only come from a 52 year old.....and dont u notice that every year cars are being made with bigger and bigger rims, look at a 1995 max, what size wheels it come with...ummm 15's perhaps, get with the times, hey the 1980's called they want there way of thinking back!!

Well, I'm 31.

"get with the times"
Umm, if that means looking like I want to be a rap star or a homie from south of the border, I'll pass!

And, the 80's produced MUCH smarter people than they do now.
We had to do something the kids of today don't know how to do...that is research and LEARN a few things. Now, "kids" just punch a couple of keys and get everything off the internet. Hell, they just buy their research papers from that site that sells them. No wonder "kids" don't know much today.

You state, "don't you notice that every year cars are being made with bigger and bigger rims"
Well, let me inform you of something...THEY'RE ENGINEERED that way!!
Again, you "kids" don't seem to learn enough. Do you really think that the car manufacturers and engineers just say, "let's throw 18's on the car, because that's what looks bling bling?"

Well, by your response above is, my guess is...yes you do think that!

Hate to break it to you, but NO they don't.
The cars of the 80's or even 90's were engineered with 15" or 16" rims!
The cars of today that come with 17" or 18" were engineered for those sizes.
Are you keeping up? Hope so.

There is a bit of acceptable "play" there, but messing too much with tire/wheel sizes messes up the cars dynamics.

The additional weight, the additional rotational mass, the additional thrashing on the suspension, bushings, etc etc.
The extra work the brakes need to do to slow the car.
The additional effort the steering system needs to do in order to turn those larger wheels.
The handling of the car can be affected in a NEGATIVE way by this as well. Not too mention the car is now slower to accelerate, making the engine work harder as well.

So, for you "kids" who seem to think it's all about the "bling bling" maybe you should use your brain a bit first.
At least stickers on "ricers" cars are cheap, and people don't get shot for them.
You should also check with your car's manufacturer, like any other modding, you may very well be voiding the warranty on many parts of your car that weren't ENGINEERED to have those "dubs" on!

Yeah, the 80's are calling. But they asked for you, they want to knock some sense into you and the "kids" of today and they want to introduce you all to Vanity Anonymous!

Next, you're going to try to convince me that it's cool to have a $1,000 car with a $2,000 stereo system in it!
Old 08-14-2003, 03:03 PM

Next, you're going to try to convince me that it's cool to have a $1,000 car with a $2,000 stereo system in it
Like an ALtima with 20s.....

Driver72, I agree with u dude. This Bigger is better crap is out of hand. Especially when Bigger is just Bigger and not Better.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:06 PM

you guys gotta see this...davin wheels are the original wheels that spin...it is not a hubcap that spins(spintek)..they start at $5K each...i have seen one on sale for $11.5K for one...

you want to talk about accessory for a car...well their philosophy is a $90K car is an accesory for the rims...

you gotta love conspicuous consumption at its worst.

davin wheels
Old 08-15-2003, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by Driver72

Well, I'm 31.

"get with the times"
Umm, if that means looking like I want to be a rap star or a homie from south of the border, I'll pass!

And, the 80's produced MUCH smarter people than they do now.
We had to do something the kids of today don't know how to do...that is research a LEARN a few things. Now, they just punch a couple of keys and get everything off the internet. Hell, they just buy their research papers from the site that sells them. No wonder "kids" don't know much today.

You state, "don't you notice that every year cars are being made with bigger and bigger rims"
Well, let me inform you of something...THEY'RE ENGINEERED that way!!
Again, you "kids" don't seem to learn enough. Do you really think that the car manufacturers and engineers just say, "let's throw 18's on the car, because that's what looks bling bling?"

Well, since my guess, by your response above is, yes you do think that!

Hate to break it to you, but NO.
The cars of the 80's or even 90's were engineered with 15" or 16" rims!
The cars of today that come with 17" or 18" were engineered for those sizes.
Are you keeping up? Hope so.

There is a bit of acceptable "play" there, but messing too much with tire/wheel sizes messes up the cars dynamics.

The additional weight, the additional rotational mass, the additional thrashing on the suspension, bushings, etc etc.
The extra work the brakes need to do to slow the car.
The additional effort the steering system needs to do in order to turn those larger wheels.
The handling of the car can be affected in a NEGATIVE way by this as well.

So, for you "kids" who seem to think it's all about the "bling bling" maybe should use your brain a bit first.
At least stickers on "ricers" cars are cheap, and people don't get shot for them.
You should also check with your car's manufacturer, like any other modding, you may very well be voiding the warranty on many parts of your car that weren't ENGINEERED to have those "dubs" on!

Yeah, the 80's are calling. But they asked for you, they want to knock some sense in the "kids" of today and introduce them to Vanity Anonymous!

Next, you're going to try to convince me that it's cool to have a $1,000 car with a $2,000 stereo system in it!

Old 08-16-2003, 08:53 PM

i concur.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:22 PM

ditto, and well said