6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

04 Max SE Pricing...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 11:49 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

04 Max SE Pricing...

I'm seriously looking at picking up the SE with the Journey Package (I can't live without those awesome 18" wheels!)...but here are my questions:

(1) What does everyone think about the NAVI? I was unable to get a chance to play with it at the dealer. I know that stereo and climate controls are integrated. Is it a pain to use? I certainly want NAVI, but I don't want to have to read a novel to figure out how to change the temperature!

(2) What are people paying for this car? In Connecticut, the sticker on the SE w/ the Journey Package is $33K. One of the first things the dealer said to me when I started looking at the car is "The sticker price is $33K, and then we work on your price from there..." It seems to me that the dealer is actually willing to budge on MSRP. What should I expect to ACTUALLY pay for this car?
Old 04-09-2003, 01:01 PM

I finally got a chance to use my nav system - started typing in the name of the street (Decker Lake), only got to DECKER, and the system filled in the LAKE for me! a nice surprise. then just punched in the street number.

Showed the route, then, once you start out, guides you along. Push the 'guide voice' button to hear exactly how far you have to the next turn (as well as viewing an automatic closeup of the map). Otherwise, the voice will prompt every so often as you reach certain points on your journey.

It's really a good system, i was surprised at how easy it is to use without reading the manual The car also comes with a quick guide that you can use.

As for climate control, the temp settings are pretty easy - just keep hitting MODE to change the fans from vent to feet to both, etc., and the fan is just an UP/DOWN setting. Hit MODE also to change from Driver/Passenger/both. A/C is a single button, as are the front and rear defrost (button has an indicator light as well as showing up in the display).

The stereo is easy, too, once you have the presets in, just use buttons 1-6, or move up and down the dial presets from the steering wheel. You can also change from CD to FM to AM using the steering wheel MODE button.

As for payment, i tried to get a price break, but there were 2 more people wanting the SE/elite package I wanted, so had to pay almost full 34k sticker. I've seen other threads with some people getting 1 to 2,000 off, so get what you can, prob depend on demand.