6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Teana in Japan

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 08:45 PM

Teana in Japan

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/TEANA/J31/0302/

Check out the site... just follow the arrows and click on every tab.

Exterior is kinda bland, but interior is a lot more sophisticated. Already offered with CVT transmission and 4WD. Largest wheel size is 17" (because they know better).
Old 06-20-2003, 09:57 PM

This is old news - everyone though this was going to be the 6th gen (that's how long the pictures have been out).
Old 06-20-2003, 09:59 PM

I almost didn't recognize it; the car seems to resemble the G35 so much with that grill and the chrome. Man, if the 6th Gen had a little more power and I had the choice of 4WD, I'd be test driving one and trying to reenact that sweet Audi chase scene in Ronin.

I think that it would be pretty interesting to see what the Maxima would do with 4WD and a CVT in the American market. Could it bite into Audi's sales? Is there even much of a demand for 4WD luxury sedans or CVT here?
Old 06-21-2003, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by BatKeith
I almost didn't recognize it; the car seems to resemble the G35 so much with that grill and the chrome. Man, if the 6th Gen had a little more power and I had the choice of 4WD, I'd be test driving one and trying to reenact that sweet Audi chase scene in Ronin.

I think that it would be pretty interesting to see what the Maxima would do with 4WD and a CVT in the American market. Could it bite into Audi's sales? Is there even much of a demand for 4WD luxury sedans or CVT here?
The 6th gen power will surprise you.

I was reminded about the power last night. After a week of driving a Dodge Intrepid SE while on vacation, I got in my 04 Max and it was like getting into a rocket compared to that crappy dodge!

Man I love this car!
Old 06-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I lived in Japan for the last three years on and off (missed my Maxima like crazy.) I loved the Teana when it came out...the interior was a bit much for me though. I like the 6th gen interior a lot better (it's sportier). The Japanese market offers such a wide range of options. The bodykit for the Teana is sweet. I wish the cars were closer in size so the parts would fit.

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/TEANA/J31/0...ION/index.html
Old 06-22-2003, 07:01 PM

Yeah, it's a shame Nissan didn't stick with the Teana grille (although it looks very much like the G35). But maybe one of the aftermarket groups will come out with a sweet body kit in a year or two. I know if I end up getting a Maxima, I'll be keeping a close eye on grille replacements. It just looks too damned truck-like for my tastes.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I was just there last week and saw a few of those. Unfortunately they were being driven(not parked) so I couldn't look closely but they looked awfully similar to the 6th gen. I was wondering if the US was exporting them but I guess not from Willykuns post.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:33 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yeah they are produced in Japan. I believe they are on the Altima platform too. I am trying to contact a buddy over their that works at Nissan (he is a performance tester) anyway I would like to see which parts might fit if any. I can post any pics, but you can get a nice chrome grille, different tail lights, turn signal side mirrors, chrome cases on the side mirros... pretty much anything.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:17 AM

Originally posted by gmc74

The 6th gen power will surprise you.

I was reminded about the power last night. After a week of driving a Dodge Intrepid SE while on vacation, I got in my 04 Max and it was like getting into a rocket compared to that crappy dodge!

Man I love this car!
Now you know how i felt when i test drove the maxima, the se i believe is just a 2.7 my es is a 3.3 and boy was it a jaw dropping difference. I take some offense to the "crappy dodge" but then again i really dont care cuz its tru for the most part.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:38 PM

Originally posted by Mystery_Man

Now you know how i felt when i test drove the maxima, the se i believe is just a 2.7 my es is a 3.3 and boy was it a jaw dropping difference. I take some offense to the "crappy dodge" but then again i really dont care cuz its tru for the most part.
That Intrepid was slower than a$$... it was such a dog. I was ****ed every time I got in and out of it. I used to like them, but this one definately made me change my mind.

Grant
Old 06-24-2003, 09:48 PM

To me, it just makes sense to offer some more upscale items on the Maxima like AWD and a CVT. The reason the G35 Coupe has backseats and comes standard with leather interior is to set it a class above the Z. I think that an AWD/CVT Maxima would take on Audi, Volvo, and even Volkswagen, while the G35 moves in on BMW/Mercedes/Cadillac markets. Just my .02
Old 07-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

so the teana is not the 6th gen? besides trim and AWD, what is different? the body looks identical.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah, it's the 6th gen. Nissan USA took the Teana frame/body and worked it. The Teana and 6th gen are non-identical twins just like the 4th and 5th gen Maxima/I30 relationship.

It's interesting that the 5th gen 3.0 still lives on in the Teana, of course with the VQ3.5 as an option.

DW

Originally posted by bonzelite
so the teana is not the 6th gen? besides trim and AWD, what is different? the body looks identical.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:43 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Has anyone actually tried to confirm any platfrom similarities between the Maxima and Teana. I'm curious because both the Maxima and Cefiro have always been designated by the letter a (a32 for 4th gen, a33 for 5th gen) and according to the courtesyparts.com website, the 6th gen Maxima is called a34. If the two cars were related like the Cefiro and Maxima used to be, I would assume that the Teana would also be referred to as an a34, but Nissan Japan's site calls it the J31. Does anyone know any details?