6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

So much for good service...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 02:19 PM

So much for good service...

The other day i dropped off my 04 for its first service and to fix all the odds and ends wrong with it from delivery. Well when i went to pick it up they did a good job, even got rid of the scratches from hitting a deer and things. Tho the sunroof still doest work to well and they are ordering parts for it. They said it was good to go and so i took it home. Come to find out today they never did any of the service's, its got close to 7k on it already and hasnt been serveced, but has had oil changes. How the hell does a dealer forget to service a car that is in for service??
Old 08-28-2003, 02:48 PM

I actually dropped mine off for it's first oil change today. I actually had very good service. It only took about 10 minutes and then the tech told me it would have been faster but my tires were overinflated. It seems that the factory put 45PSI in all my tires...so needless to say everyone needs to check their tire pressure. Believe me, I've had troubles with the service dept before, I just got lucky today. I just wish the factory would start doing a better job of checking these cars before they send them to the lots, it's absolutely pathetic. And the dealerships don't seem to understand what a pain in the a$$ it is to drop off a car for service.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:45 PM

45 psi in the tires (or more) from the factory is not an oversight on the factory's part. It is correct and they over-inflate them intenionally to keep the tires round and from developing flat spots. It is the Dealer's responsibility and job to deflate them to normal pressure during their new car prep procedures. You can blame your dealer, not the factory. But you're right that new car owenrs should check their tires pressure. I've heard about dealers not checking or setting tire pressure on new cars way too often.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:15 AM

Originally posted by nick778
45 psi in the tires (or more) from the factory is not an oversight on the factory's part. It is correct and they over-inflate them intenionally to keep the tires round and from developing flat spots. It is the Dealer's responsibility and job to deflate them to normal pressure during their new car prep procedures. You can blame your dealer, not the factory. But you're right that new car owenrs should check their tires pressure. I've heard about dealers not checking or setting tire pressure on new cars way too often.
It figures! Why am I not suprised.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:18 AM

Re: So much for good service...

Originally posted by Mystery_Man
The other day i dropped off my 04 for its first service and to fix all the odds and ends wrong with it from delivery. Well when i went to pick it up they did a good job, even got rid of the scratches from hitting a deer and things. Tho the sunroof still doest work to well and they are ordering parts for it. They said it was good to go and so i took it home. Come to find out today they never did any of the service's, its got close to 7k on it already and hasnt been serveced, but has had oil changes. How the hell does a dealer forget to service a car that is in for service??
I am lost. Are you talking about the scheduled 3750 mile service? All that is done is an oil change during this service, I beleive.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:42 PM

Well even if thats all that is done, they didnt do it. To me it doesnt matter what it was going in for, its just the fact that simply they didnt do it period.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mystery_Man
Well even if thats all that is done, they didnt do it. To me it doesnt matter what it was going in for, its just the fact that simply they didnt do it period.
I thought you said the oil was changed?
Old 09-03-2003, 03:14 PM

Yes it did, but not at the dealership, but it was due for another one as well.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:16 PM

Even if changing the oil was the only main thing they would have to do, there is a checklist of things they check and stamp off. I guess its just the fact they didnt do any thing that is due for that milage point.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:07 PM

I agree that there is a problem with your dealer, I was just confused by your post.