6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Winter Tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 09:34 PM
RDM

Winter Tires

For you guys in SoCal and FLA ignore the post. I had a butt puckering experience with these stock tires last weekend. Driving about 80 I hit some water on the road and the car darn near got away from me. For the life of me I don't know why they put these crap Goodyear tires on this car, they suck. Now since it is going to get down to -6 tonight with wind chill and they are talking snow by Sunday I figure now would be a good time to slap some traction tires on the Max.

Would it be best to just get a couple of winter tires for the front like the Dunlops M3's, or do I really need to replace all four? I predict lots of snow this year and these Goodyears are coming off.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....inter+Sport+M3
Old 10-30-2003, 10:11 PM

I'm in the same boat - Can anyone recommend some good tires that I can slap on my 04. I'd like to just be able to leave em on there after the winter is over though, since the Goodyears on there now suck anyway - Or is that not a good idea?
Old 10-31-2003, 06:58 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

H2o @ 80?!?!

The is not tire on this planet that will help you if you hit a $hit load of water while traveling at 80 mph. The Goodyears will do well in the snow. I had them on my BMW with no problems an BMWs are rear wheel drive.

You are over reacting a little bit.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by RDM
For you guys in SoCal and FLA ignore the post. I had a butt puckering experience with these stock tires last weekend. Driving about 80 I hit some water on the road and the car darn near got away from me. For the life of me I don't know why they put these crap Goodyear tires on this car, they suck. Now since it is going to get down to -6 tonight with wind chill and they are talking snow by Sunday I figure now would be a good time to slap some traction tires on the Max.

Would it be best to just get a couple of winter tires for the front like the Dunlops M3's, or do I really need to replace all four? I predict lots of snow this year and these Goodyears are coming off.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....inter+Sport+M3

I just bought my Max last week, and it came with Continental tires (it's a SL). I also checked all of the SE's on the dealer's lot, and they had Continental tires as well (although a higher-performance tread). Did Nissan switch from Goodyear to Continental halfway through the model year?