6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

04 Hype

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by My5thMax
My 2004 max is the best one yet, this is my 5th.. 84, 93,96,00. I too did not care for the grille, but a $190 investmnet in a Stillen grille solved that...

damn, you had a lot of maximas.... why so many?
Old 11-22-2003, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by m00se
The best Maxima to date indeed. None of the naysayers can admit to the improved engineering of the car because none own a sixth gen Maxima. I love the styling except for the grille, which fortunately for me doesn't look as bad on the silver colored cars. If Nissan improves the grille next year I will replace the grille because none of the aftermarkets satisfy the improvement I seek. There is no way a particular styling is going to suit everyone. With every change in styling you are going to find that the target market that was satisfied with prior styling may well be the market that is now unhappy. It's just not possible for everyone to like a particular style. I don't understand why the bashing though. I don't see the bashers all running out to buy whatever they are comparing the sixth gen to that they claim is better.

Keep an eye out, come back and read this thread a year from now and you will find all the bashers driving a used version of the very car they bashed this year. Won't be mine though as I'm keeping mine just to keep it out of the hands of the bashers, then they'll say the car has grown on them.
Hello... This is oxidizer2k a year in the future... i am using a time machine that permited me to come to this time for a minute just so i can post... I was looking over this thread and i noticed this post.... I have to say you are incorrect.... I have to go now.....
Old 11-22-2003, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mike R D
EVERYONE SEEMS TO HAVE MISSED THE SMALL ADD FOR THE ALL NEW MAXIMA AT THE NISSAN AUSTRALIA WEBSITE. IT LOOKS A LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN OUR MAXIMA, IT MIGHT END UP BEING THE NEW INFINITI I35.
that would be kinda ugly..
Old 11-22-2003, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
These topics are so lame, everyone with an 02/03 most likely will care for it better and people with 04 wil do the same. Its amatter of personal taste so I dont know why people get offended when someone says that they dont like a paticular gen. I still have not seen a car that appeals to everyone and never will Maxima included. BTW every Mfg claims their car is improved with each new gen. but in the real world sometimes it proves otherwise!

actually, i have an 03 and always defend the acura tl... I defend cars that like as most people do...
Old 11-22-2003, 04:15 PM

It is quite amazing how this thread matured. I didn't mean for it to offend anyone. I am sure there are 4th Gen lovers out there that hate the 5th Gens and so on. I just simply wanted to see if the 6th Gen warranted me to trade in my 03. And here is the important part: in MY opinion, it does not. I never said the car sucked. I didn't want anyone to get offended either. If what I said offended anyone, I am sorry. Someone asked what Enterprise rental spot I went to. I'm not actually sure. A freind owns a body shop and I picked the car up from there. He gets special rates. To all you 6th Geners, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my 03.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by RichK
It is quite amazing how this thread matured. I didn't mean for it to offend anyone. I am sure there are 4th Gen lovers out there that hate the 5th Gens and so on. I just simply wanted to see if the 6th Gen warranted me to trade in my 03. And here is the important part: in MY opinion, it does not. I never said the car sucked. I didn't want anyone to get offended either. If what I said offended anyone, I am sorry. Someone asked what Enterprise rental spot I went to. I'm not actually sure. A freind owns a body shop and I picked the car up from there. He gets special rates. To all you 6th Geners, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my 03.
Rich-

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions. However, the following quote is just part of your evaluation of the '04 Max from your first thread which started this whole thing:

"The interior, IMO, is awful. The gauges are orange and the big hunk of silver plastic they call a dash is horrific. The 3 spoke wheel is ugly and has what looks like buttons from a 1980 Datsun for steering wheel controls. "

You are in a 6th Generation Maxima enthusiasts forum filled with plenty of 6th generation owners who are quite happy with their new Max. Try not to be surprised when 6th gen owners come to the defense of their beloved Maxima. Once again, this IS a Maxima enthusiast forum.

The '03 Max is a great car in its own right as well. Please keep enjoying your 5th gen!
Old 11-22-2003, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by DansMax3
Rich-

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions. However, the following quote is just part of your evaluation of the '04 Max from your first thread which started this whole thing:

"The interior, IMO, is awful. The gauges are orange and the big hunk of silver plastic they call a dash is horrific. The 3 spoke wheel is ugly and has what looks like buttons from a 1980 Datsun for steering wheel controls. "

You are in a 6th Generation Maxima enthusiasts forum filled with plenty of 6th generation owners who are quite happy with their new Max. Try not to be surprised when 6th gen owners come to the defense of their beloved Maxima. Once again, this IS a Maxima enthusiast forum.

The '03 Max is a great car in its own right as well. Please keep enjoying your 5th gen!
this is true... I havent seen any 4th gens come in and compare their cars.... maybe all of us 5th gens secrectly want a 6th gen??
Old 11-22-2003, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Oxidizer2k
this is true... I havent seen any 4th gens come in and compare their cars.... maybe all of us 5th gens secrectly want a 6th gen??
I seem to be seeing two types of 5th gen owners bashing the 6th gen. Those who feel a need to convince themselves they have the better car, (which most seems to have purchased because it could be had at a great price once the '04 was out), and those who wished they had the 6th gen instead of the 5th.

There is a major difference between expressing opinion that the car isn't to one's liking and simply bashing the car based on unfounded reasons. Sorta like the kid nextdoor with the older toy. I really don't understand it. I did give up on visiting or reading the 5th gen forum once I felt like I'd had enough of the bashing of the 5th gen when I got my '00. I'm not going to do that this time though as I've already begin to see the same pattern repeating.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Oxidizer2k
damn, you had a lot of maximas.... why so many?
I've gotta help the guy out, not that he really needed my assistance.

Quote from March 2003 Issue of Car and Driver Mag:

Nissan's 2004 Maxima is the sixth-generation sedan to carry that nameplate, and the company is confident that it will satisfy an extremely loyal owner group, many of whom have owned four or five Maximas. This time, Nissan wisely decided to split the model range into sport (SE) and luxury (SL) variants to cover both sides of the market.

I'm on my fourth Max if i might add
Old 11-22-2003, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by annimax
I've gotta help the guy out, not that he really needed my assistance.

Quote from March 2003 Issue of Car and Driver Mag:

Nissan's 2004 Maxima is the sixth-generation sedan to carry that nameplate, and the company is confident that it will satisfy an extremely loyal owner group, many of whom have owned four or five Maximas. This time, Nissan wisely decided to split the model range into sport (SE) and luxury (SL) variants to cover both sides of the market.

I'm on my fourth Max if i might add
Thats a lot of maxima loving....
Wow.... the 2003 maxima is the first and only maxima i have... i upgraded from a 2001 accord and i fell in love with it.... all except that damn suspension... and tires....

I definatly defend my maxima because i love it so much.. and saddened that it got outdated.....