6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

I like my 04 Max

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 11:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I like my 04 Max

I am really impressed with the 04, the grill is everyones thorn, as well as mine. But as stated before Stillen or E&G Classic grills will give the desired look that most Max lover would prefer. I like the ponies under the hood that are so reponsive at my slightest touch. Also, the interior on my Max is pleasing. The 320 Watt Bose system 6 cd player is awesome as far as I am concerned. And yes, I too, have had that rumbling in the rear window speaker panel. But that is minor and has been rectified. Its dishearting to read all of the negative comment on the new Max. I have been a Max owner since 92 and have not owned anything but a Max and will always be a max owner until they retire the prestigious Maxima model. For me, it is a personal preference. So, I hope that the Nissan execs peek at this forum and see that underneath all the bitter bashing, that their are satisfied 04 Maxima owners out here, Maxima forever!!

Old 11-21-2003, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by raven267
I am really impressed with the 04, the grill is everyones thorn, as well as mine. But as stated before Stillen or E&G Classic grills will give the desired look that most Max lover would prefer. I like the ponies under the hood that are so reponsive at my slightest touch. Also, the interior on my Max is pleasing. The 320 Watt Bose system 6 cd player is awesome as far as I am concerned. And yes, I too, have had that rumbling in the rear window speaker panel. But that is minor and has been rectified. Its dishearting to read all of the negative comment on the new Max. I have been a Max owner since 92 and have not owned anything but a Max and will always be a max owner until they retire the prestigious Maxima model. For me, it is a personal preference. So, I hope that the Nissan execs peek at this forum and see that underneath all the bitter bashing, that their are satisfied 04 Maxima owners out here, Maxima forever!!

Ditto! I couldn't agree with you more.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:30 AM

ditto i agree 100%
Old 11-21-2003, 11:38 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I do like the '04 Max, but the front end is still growing on me.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by raven267

Two Thumbs Up! I'm with you on this one.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by annimax
Two Thumbs Up! I'm with you on this one.

Have you noticed that most of the negative feedback and article “finders” are not even 2004 owners? It must make them feel better for not owning A NEW MAX!!!
Old 11-22-2003, 08:57 AM
I need a truck

My dad recently got the 04 and I like it too it's very reponsive as you said and it'll kick the crap outta my 96 (hopefully not for long )
Old 11-22-2003, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by My5thMax
Have you noticed that most of the negative feedback and article “finders” are not even 2004 owners? It must make them feel better for not owning A NEW MAX!!!
I too have noticed the same. I'm used to the griping though and pay no attention to it. This is my fourth Nissan and third Maxima. When I got the 2k in 2000 there were as many gripes and bashing here of the fifth gen and the fourth gen was the best car ever made. Now I get the '04 and the griping is the same all over again with the gripers claiming the fifth gen to be the best car ever made. Meanwhile I'm enjoying my '04 more than any generation before. By the time the gripers warm up to the sixth gen I guess I'll be onto something else. I really don't get it, those who gripe most about the sixth gen do not own one and some even never as much as sat in one.

The grille is fugly for sure but it is something easily remedied, and if that is all that is wrong on this car then wow.
Old 11-22-2003, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by m00se
I too have noticed the same. I'm used to the griping though and pay no attention to it. This is my fourth Nissan and third Maxima. When I got the 2k in 2000 there were as many gripes and bashing here of the fifth gen and the fourth gen was the best car ever made. Now I get the '04 and the griping is the same all over again with the gripers claiming the fifth gen to be the best car ever made. Meanwhile I'm enjoying my '04 more than any generation before. By the time the gripers warm up to the sixth gen I guess I'll be onto something else. I really don't get it, those who gripe most about the sixth gen do not own one and some even never as much as sat in one.

The grille is fugly for sure but it is something easily remedied, and if that is all that is wrong on this car then wow.

Another perfect post! Thanks!
Old 11-22-2003, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by My5thMax

Most Definetly! They should consider joining "Haters Anonomous" I am not an envious person and I was not envious when the improved 2k2 Max came out with more HP and improved looks over my 2k1 AE. I am happy for any person when they get a new car. Why rain on their parade? I guess its just human nature. They must begin to realize that they will be new car owners again and have to suffer through much of the unnecessary rhetoric as we are now experiencing.
Old 11-22-2003, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Conrad283
My dad recently got the 04 and I like it too it's very reponsive as you said and it'll kick the crap outta my 96 (hopefully not for long )
Your honesty is appreciated
Old 11-22-2003, 08:07 PM

Add me to the list ... my '04 SE is great and a hoot to drive. I don't have any of the issues some have reported, and my rattle-free, good-running, non-shimmying Max with the great gas mileage is making me a happy boy.

Mike