6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Parts delays with 04 max?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 08:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Parts delays with 04 max?

I had an accident with my 04 on sept 19th (day after the hurricane hit the east coast). It is now the 22nd of december and I am still waiting for my car to be done at the shop. The first estimate given to me was that it would be done in 4 weeks from the time the adjustor from my insurance company came and looked at it. Now, at the start of the 15th week, im getting very worried about whats going on. Nissan is telling me that it is a parts problem, and that its taking them weeks to get parts. I have called Nissan corporate, and they have said the same thing to me. There was little front end damage and airbags deployed. No engine or frame work was needed except to replace the airbox. Im just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with having thier car in the shop for an abnormal length of time. Please let me know what you all think i should do, or what you think is going on... Thanks
Old 12-23-2003, 02:18 PM

Of course, none of us can really give you a professional-quality reply, given that we don't know all the details. I will say, though, that 15 weeks is really extreme IMHO.

I would have to think you damaged some "obscure" part that's not ordinarily in the parts chain, since most collision parts for the Max should be fairly readily available by now. It occurs to me it may be the airbags themselves, or some part of the trigger mechanism for them ... (?)

I don't know what to suggest that you haven't already done, except maybe to put pressure on your insurance adjuster. Regardless of the circumstances, the insurance company is working for you at this point, and they're in the best position to apply pressure on the repair shop (after all, they're paying the bills). Are they supplying you a rental car? That's another expense the insurance company is having to eat, and they'd probably like to stop paying that out, too.

So, I guess my advice is to spend some quality time with the adjuster and find out what the heck the problem is!

Mike
Old 12-24-2003, 05:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

My insurance company sent me a letter saying they were gonna drop me, and the date was around mid january. Could my insurance company be stalling them so they dont have to insure me anymore on this car? Also, it seems that every week they find something else to fix, and some parts have taken up to 4 weeks to be sent to the dealer. I've seen the car, and it looks like its finished and it hasnt moved spots outside the bodyshop for almost a week even though they have told me they are still working on it.