6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

im sorry old people shouldnt drive!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 10:39 PM

im sorry old people shouldnt drive!!

i was stopped at a light today and a old man in a 96 eldorado came up behind me.. next i feel like a bump right in the *** of the car.. i was like what the ****. but it didnt feel hard enough like the guy bumped the back of my car.. so when i got home i looked at the back of the car and on the bottem of the bumper theres a ding like a 2inch vertical line in my bumper like a licsence plate frame hit me.. now that cant be fixed like popped out. i was so ****ed i mean its not like its so easy to see. if i didnt tell anyone u probably wouldnt be able to evan notice it"its one of those things u kind of have to move side to side to see it and if u look at it dead on u just see a small line, no scratch though" it but god damit people are so dumb and stupid they dont realize there off the brake and have the car moving alittle.. people swing there doors open and drill the car next to u.. luckily so far knock on wood the max has no door dings./. sorry guys had to bent
Old 02-03-2004, 12:20 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

!!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 12:22 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

To quote Jerry Seinfeld "The state flag of Florida should be a steering wheel with two sets of knuckles on it".
Old 02-03-2004, 05:16 AM

I agree with you 100% . There are so many stupid drivers and car owners.
It s like wherever you park, you know that you possibly can get a ding on your car with a stupid As.....e swinging his door .
I hate mall's parking lots where the risk is very high.
I always try to park at the end of it and even take 2 car spaces . , even if I am told i can be fined for that. I hope you could claim the fixing, for this guy bumping the back of your max. good luck!
Old 02-03-2004, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by ga2000
i was stopped at a light today and a old man in a 96 eldorado came up behind me.. next i feel like a bump right in the *** of the car.. i was like what the ****. but it didnt feel hard enough like the guy bumped the back of my car.. so when i got home i looked at the back of the car and on the bottem of the bumper theres a ding like a 2inch vertical line in my bumper like a licsence plate frame hit me.. now that cant be fixed like popped out. i was so ****ed i mean its not like its so easy to see. if i didnt tell anyone u probably wouldnt be able to evan notice it"its one of those things u kind of have to move side to side to see it and if u look at it dead on u just see a small line, no scratch though" it but god damit people are so dumb and stupid they dont realize there off the brake and have the car moving alittle.. people swing there doors open and drill the car next to u.. luckily so far knock on wood the max has no door dings./. sorry guys had to bent
Why didnt you get out time I felt the bump I would have gotten out and looked etc??
Old 02-03-2004, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Why didnt you get out time I felt the bump I would have gotten out and looked etc??
while i was stopped there was a huge pot hole so when the guy bumped me i thaught the *** of the car just fell into this pot hole no biggy. so i didnt bother. i was like theres no way this guy just bumped me we've both been stopped for a minute already.. its not bad i might not evan get it fixed its just a ding but damit im ****ed!!! i worry where i park nevermind now i gotta worry about being stopped to.. u guys would laugh if u saw it its not big but i see it everytime i look at the back of the car now.. im very anel about the looks of my car.. if someone else looked at the car they would be like niceeee car, me i just see the dam ding!
Old 02-03-2004, 02:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The same thing happened to me when an OLD FART rolled into me while I was stopped at a light in my '85 Vette!

After the light changed, I went thru the intersection and immediately pulled over onto the shoulder to check for damage. I stared at the offending car as it drove by and his wife (I guess) gave me a confused look. The driver was hunched over the steering wheel like that little guy in "The Simpsons."

Luckily, there was no damage. I was on the way to a function that I could not be late for, so that was the end of it.

I also have a friend whose Volvo was backed into by an OLD FART woman in a parking lot. Lucky for him there was a witness who copied down the plate number; he notified the police and they tracked her down. She denied it until her adult kids got involved where they took over and had the insurance company take care of the $1K repair bill.

I don't know what the solution is to this senior citizen incompetent driver problem.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:01 PM

while i was stopped there was a huge pot hole so when the guy bumped me i thaught the *** of the car just fell into this pot hole no biggy. so i didnt bother. i was like theres no way this guy just bumped me we've both been stopped for a minute already.. its not bad i might not evan get it fixed its just a ding but damit im ****ed!!! i worry where i park nevermind now i gotta worry about being stopped to.. u guys would laugh if u saw it its not big but i see it everytime i look at the back of the car now.. im very anel about the looks of my car.. if someone else looked at the car they would be like niceeee car, me i just see the dam ding!
I feel ya my Max has a ding on the passenger fender from abasket at Alberstons I try not to look at that side but when I do I get sick and ****ed.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:06 PM

Once upon a time, there was a brand new car. It was a very nice car with shiny black paint and nice shiny wheels. One day, an OLD FART parked next to this shiny new car in his beat up old car which had some duct tape on it to cover up where parts of the fender used to be. The OLD FART was grieving over the loss of his wife who had been ravaged by cancer for many years. He had to nurse her like a baby for the last months. . .He was on his way to purchase a dress for his wife to wear for her viewing. . .I guess he just wasn't thinking when he opened his door and it tapped the shiny new car next to his. . .And they all lived happily ever after...Let's face it; it is not a perfect world and there is not one perfect person in it (except for me). And I guess as long as this is true, there will be dings in shiny new car doors and lots of dingbats to put them there. Sorry to say, you'll just have to suck it up and get over it. SemperFi
Old 03-02-2004, 06:29 AM
meh

hmm........or NOT!!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 07:06 AM

... people are so dumb and stupid they dont realize there off the brake and have the car moving alittle..

while i was stopped there was a huge pot hole so when the guy bumped me i thaught the *** of the car just fell into this pot hole no biggy.
Not to make light of your situation, but can you see the irony here? You criticize the old man for not realizing his foot was off the brake, but you don't realize that your foot if off the brake and think you rolled into a pothole.

Seriously though, the guy should have said something. Had you gotten out he probably woudl have denied it anyway. It's as bad as scraping somone in a parking lot and not leaving a note.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:44 PM

x

Originally Posted by 2002 Maxima SE
Not to make light of your situation, but can you see the irony here? You criticize the old man for not realizing his foot was off the brake, but you don't realize that your foot if off the brake and think you rolled into a pothole.

Seriously though, the guy should have said something. Had you gotten out he probably woudl have denied it anyway. It's as bad as scraping somone in a parking lot and not leaving a note.
actualy my foot was on the brake, i was the first one waiting for the light, so i was actualy ok to get off the brake alittle to make the left. whatever whats done is done. the line or ding whatever u want to call it is staying on the car, remember its a lease. i dont want it there but im no gonna get it fixed either. it just ****ed me off
Old 03-02-2004, 02:45 PM

the thing that really annoys me about it is i see it all the time now. noone else ever noticed it until the sun was right on it and my friend pulled up right behind me.. i guess it could pass for a hair line dent ding, freaken old people..
Old 03-02-2004, 02:54 PM

actualy my foot was on the brake, i was the first one waiting for the light, so i was actualy ok to get off the brake alittle to make the left. whatever whats done is done. the line or ding whatever u want to call it is staying on the car, remember its a lease. i dont want it there but im no gonna get it fixed either. it just ****ed me off
I was just [Tony Soprano]bustin yuh bawls[/Tony Soprano]. You're a car guy...so naturallly lease or not it's gonna bother you.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:09 PM

The really sad thing is that most of these old fart accidents-waiting-to-happen somehow manage to get a "safe driver" discount on their auro insurance. Per mile travelled, the most hazardous driver -both to himself and others- is the elderly driver.

Unfortunately, they have some big lobbyists in all the right places that have so far suceeded in keeping these people on the road.

Okay, my rant is over. Can I have my meds now?
Old 03-02-2004, 03:23 PM

x

Originally Posted by 2002 Maxima SE
I was just [Tony Soprano]bustin yuh bawls[/Tony Soprano]. You're a car guy...so naturallly lease or not it's gonna bother you.
oh bother me it does, front of my car great sides great than i get to that beautiful mean looking ***, than i see it and yeah im one of the biggest car guys on the planet..
Old 03-02-2004, 04:16 PM

Beware of the OLD FART; someday (with luck) it will be you. SemperFi
Old 03-02-2004, 11:09 PM

I'm one of the 'old farts'.

I agree we 'old farts' should be tested every other year from age 60 to age 70, and every year after that. And I mean a road test, not a true/false paper thing. Eyes and judgement begin to fade at different ages for different folks, and the fading can be so subtle it may not be noticed at first.

I have avoided dings in my last three Maximas. But the price to avoid dings has been steep. I ALWAYS park at the very far end of ANY parking lot. If there are already other vehicles out near the end, I simply don't patronize that shop/mall. I choose my motel and specific room not by what is INSIDE, but by the parking facilities. I know by heart the end rooms and best parking spaces for dozens of motels.

Fortunately, my wife feels the same as I, and we enjoy our frequent long walks from distant parking spaces.

My sympathy on your ding. It hurt me just to read about your bad luck.