6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 01:40 PM

Delivery

So I decided on the SL (5-speed new build) with the only option being the sunroof, in red opulence and black interior. I called one dealer, and the guy callled me back to tell me he found the car, but it would cost $600 to truck it in since it was 300 miles away.

Anyone heard of this? I think I can't buy it from him anyway, because even if he says that I am not paying for it, the $600 will be buried in there, either in the trade or the discount.

Any ideas? Anyone have any experience? I find it strange that the cost is JUST under the $700 for the preferred package........
Old 03-17-2004, 02:11 PM

Why don't you go on line and locate the car for yourself and fly or take a bus to pick it up and drive it back yourself. You will take better care of it in the process than some stranger breaking in your new engine. As for the price, you did not provide enough particulars, etc. I also ordered an SL with the 5 speed autostick, Driver Preferred Package, sunroof, VDC, spats and mats and it came in at $29,900. Not a real great deal but not bad either. SemperFi
Old 03-17-2004, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by sargeusmc57
Why don't you go on line and locate the car for yourself and fly or take a bus to pick it up and drive it back yourself. You will take better care of it in the process than some stranger breaking in your new engine. As for the price, you did not provide enough particulars, etc. I also ordered an SL with the 5 speed autostick, Driver Preferred Package, sunroof, VDC, spats and mats and it came in at $29,900. Not a real great deal but not bad either. SemperFi
Unfortunately, business does not allow me to have much time to go and fly to bus to get the car. I want a SL 5-speed autostick with the only option being the sunroof. The 'invoice' price is 28,323, and wiht what you got it looksl ike I can get the car for about that invoice price, being that you have 1,600 in options bringing up to 29,900. I think you did ok, but I am just weary of this guy building in that pickup price, since he'll have to recover it somehow.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:29 PM

The dealer is trying to scam you out of $600. Tell them if they want a new customer, to foot the bill themselves. When I was first looking for my '04, I found one that I wanted that was at another dealer, out of state... my dealer said they would get it for me... no mention at all about charging for freight. It ended up that they sold the car to someone local anyway, and soon after, my dealer got one with even more options, so I went for it. Glad I did...

If they give you an attitude, just walk out.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by iadubes
So I decided on the SL (5-speed new build) with the only option being the sunroof, in red opulence and black interior.
You are going to regret not having the DPP Driver Preferred Package--especially, the heated steering wheel in the IL winters. My 2 cents' worth is to order the exact car you want, wait two months to get it, and enjoy this fabulous car thereafter for as long as you wish.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:54 PM

im not a 04 owner, however as an employee of a nissan dealership and knowin how the "game" works on the inside, what the dealer is talkin about is called a dealertrade, they want the red max to sell to u, so they will trade that dealer for on of their cars, their usually is no charge so dont take that bs, the only charges i can see being incurred are the tow truck to bring that shiet down, but thats no 600 bux... hope this helps...
Old 03-17-2004, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by jattmax
im not a 04 owner, however as an employee of a nissan dealership and knowin how the "game" works on the inside, what the dealer is talkin about is called a dealertrade, they want the red max to sell to u, so they will trade that dealer for on of their cars, their usually is no charge so dont take that bs, the only charges i can see being incurred are the tow truck to bring that shiet down, but thats no 600 bux... hope this helps...
The car is in southern illinois, and I'm in chicago, so what do you think that would cost to tow in?
Old 03-18-2004, 01:10 AM

What dealer are you going with? Fergus? Star? I honestly don't care for them... you should take a drive to Arlington in Buffalo Grove and talk to Alex. PM me for more if you'd like...
Old 03-18-2004, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by 04EliteSE
What dealer are you going with? Fergus? Star? I honestly don't care for them... you should take a drive to Arlington in Buffalo Grove and talk to Alex. PM me for more if you'd like...
I HATE Star. I will not talk to them EVER again. We had a fallout over that the woman kept saying, "this is what we have." I couldn't find the connectoin between what they had and what I wanted, and they didn't even offer to bring anything in.

Fergus found the car too, and I believe its the same car, however I think its a 4-speed since I found only 1 car in southern illinois with the equipment I want. I am going to Fergus on Monday night, and then up to North Shore Nissan on 41 in Highland Park. They have loaner cars up there, so we'll see what happens. Whoever gives me the best price gets my deposit. Invoice is 28,313, so we'll see who gets closer.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:24 AM

Good, you are shopping around...

I like North Shore too... They would have given me a good deal... if only they could have found the car I wanted. Arlington beat them, and gave me more for my trade-in as well (a '99 SE). Both dealers are great though... Fergus and Star... Mehhhh...
Old 03-18-2004, 01:09 PM

The dealer is trying to scam you out of $600. Tell them if they want a new customer, to foot the bill themselves. When I was first looking for my '04, I found one that I wanted that was at another dealer, out of state... my dealer said they would get it for me... no mention at all about charging for freight. It ended up that they sold the car to someone local anyway, and soon after, my dealer got one with even more options, so I went for it. Glad I did...

If they give you an attitude, just walk out.
I'll second him here. I found mine on-line, contacted my dealer, told him what I would pay, and he arranged to get it for me with no extra cost. Try another dealer if this guy doesn't feel right.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:59 PM

Tell them that you'll pay for the trucking charge, if they knock 600 dollars off the price... play their game.

Truthfully, you would/should have to pay for the trucking, and 600 dollars isn't too bad of a price. Ever had a vehicle towed a long distance, they charge like 1-2 dollars a mile, each way. (It's not like they have a whole truck load of cars that they are transporting, just yours, so they have to pay for gas, labor, and markup.) But, if they really want to sell you the car, they will give you at least a better deal then that. I was put in this place while I bought my max. I "settled" for an elite package car, though I wanted a journey package. The deal I had for the JP car was 1000 over invoice. When I decided to step up, they gave it to me for 800 over invoice with the transport.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:48 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

I would never go to Fergus, Star or Arlington for service, and never buy a car from Fergus or Star. Alex is also my guy at Arlington.

Some of you former 5th gen guy's may remember my experience with Arlington Nissan 3 years ago when they dropped my car off the lift causing $10K worth of damage
Old 03-19-2004, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Y2k Max Luv
I would never go to Fergus, Star or Arlington for service, and never buy a car from Fergus or Star. Alex is also my guy at Arlington.

Some of you former 5th gen guy's may remember my experience with Arlington Nissan 3 years ago when they dropped my car off the lift causing $10K worth of damage

What are your reasons for not going to Fergus? I already hate Star......
Old 03-21-2004, 02:04 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

Originally Posted by iadubes
What are your reasons for not going to Fergus? I already hate Star......
They would not do the "Brake Judder" TSB because I had aftermarket TIRES. They told me that the shaking was from the tires not being balanced correctly, So I had them balance them. When that didn't fix the problem they told me that the tire itself had a wobble to it. That's when I told them to go to hell and that I would never be back. That was about 4 years ago, and I have never been back there.