6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Just joined the club!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 01:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just joined the club!

Hello one and all. This is a great site! Very informative.
I just purchased my maxima last week and thought I'd come visit with you.
One quick question, has anyone had any problems setting their homelink on the rearview mirror? I think mine has a faulty magneto or maybe I'm retarded. I'm going to call Nissan per the instructions but I just wanted to know if anyone else had any problems?
Thanx in advance.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:34 AM

I think mine has a faulty magneto or maybe I'm retarded..
You're probalby just retarded like the rest of us ....but welcome to the site nevertheless ! You'll fit right in.

Can't help you with the homelink, but good luck setting it up.

Bob
Old 04-16-2004, 06:14 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

you may or may not be retarded

Originally Posted by ILMax
Hello one and all. This is a great site! Very informative.
I just purchased my maxima last week and thought I'd come visit with you.
One quick question, has anyone had any problems setting their homelink on the rearview mirror? I think mine has a faulty magneto or maybe I'm retarded. I'm going to call Nissan per the instructions but I just wanted to know if anyone else had any problems?
Thanx in advance.
Ilmax. I thought that i was pocessed by Rainman when I was trying to program that homelink. I figured it out though. Anyway, r u having troble programming it? Or is it something else. Mine woudn't let me program it according to the instructions. Since there were no codes stored in its memory, i didnt need to clear the memory. The darn lights werent blinking the way the manuel said they would when I was clearing the memory. I found that you just need to hold in the homelink button you want andthe garage door opener at the same time and BLAM.... you're programmed.

Yeah i know, all the rest of you are laughing at me, its alright, I guess I am paying for burning up too many brain cells in high school.

If that wasn't your probelm, then I hopefully made it so you didnt feel like so much of a "retarded man". See ya.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:56 AM

If you have a garage door opener with the "rolling codes" (like most of them built in the last 10 years), you have to follow the instructions carefully. First, hold down the outer two buttons of the homelink controller until the lights blink, to clear the memory.

Then, hold your garage door opener remote next to the homelink panel and press both the remote's and the homelink's button until the homelink light blinks rapidly. (This would be the way to program a non-rolling-code opener, btw, but you do this step for both kinds.)

Next, press the "learn" button on the garage door opener itself (that boxy thingy hanging from the garage ceiling). You then have 30 seconds to hustle down to the car and press - and hold - the desired button on the homelink controller until it blinks.

That should do it.

Mike
Old 04-16-2004, 08:19 AM

Do 2k4s still come with the quick reference card for setting the homelink? My 2k1 came with it and was a lot easier than having to hold the right page of the manual open. It even showed figures of the garage opener so you coould figure out if it had the rolling code or not. In any case, I recall the card stating that you may have to repeat the procedure several times until you finally get it. I think it took me three tries.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanx for all the input!