6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

6 gen newbie

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

6 gen newbie

Hi all,

I just wanted to say hello. I just moved over from the 5th gen forum because my wife's 03 Max was totalled in an accident where a truck rear ended her on the Gothels bridge 4-5 weeks ago. She loved the car because my two sons survived without a scratch. So I bought her a 04 SE with a 6sp manual tranny. She wouldn't settle for a car with less power and she wanted the extra interior space vs a slightly cheaper and smaller Mazda6s. I'm not sure if I'll get to mod this one up. She, so far, said no changes. I'll have to wait a few years and get a new car for myself. I don't think it will be a Max or maybe I'll get another new one for her and I'll take the 04 Max. But enough talking, glad to be on board again.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:23 PM

Welcome back, Harvey.

We expect to hear how you did on your deal; how far above/below invoice, length of haggle period, whether you or the dealer 'won', etc.

We also expect you to keep us up to date on how wonderful and trouble-free your (wife's) beautiful new Maxima is.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My buying experience was very pleasant. Since I went back to the same dealer I purchased the first 03 Maxima, the sales person and the manager was undestanding about our situation. I was aware that Nissan dealer were probably getting somewhere about near list price. I offered $500 over dealer cost and both gentlemen agreed to the price (customer loyalty). My first purchase with them was over the internet and was hassle free. No haggling at all. I must say that Acme Nissan in NJ made both purchases very pleasant. In fact, they searched for my wife's car. I would highly recommend them and if I were to purchase another Nissan it would be with them. In fact my father was and still maybe interested an Armada at near dealer cost.

On who won. I would say both of us won. They got a sale with $500 over their dealer price and we got a great car that has good crash protection (from experience).

So far my wife's Max is great she is not dissapointed. She like the roominess and the 265hp (go figure) . One thing is that she thinks the 04 shifter is a little more notchy than the 03. I don't really know she doesn't let me drive the Max around.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Banned

First and foremost, very glad to see your family came out of that crash safely!!! Secondly, good to see you stayed true to the MAX and upgraded! The 6th Gen actually scored excellent on several government crash tests. You can tell it's a solidly built car from the moment you open/close the door. Just has that bulky strong feel to it. So you can pretty much guarantee that you made the right choice...AGAIN!

I, too, was forced to make an unscheduled purchase when my family was rear-ended in our Nissan Quest by an SUV. All 3 of my boys were in the vehicle @ the time and they also came out of it unscratched. THANK GOD!!! So it turned out that our Quest was totalled and we ended up getting the '04 MAX as well. Awesome how our stories are so similar. Only one difference. Since then, I've purchased a Pathfinder so the wife can have something to tote the kids around, while I've happily taken ownership of the MAX!!! lol See how that worked out perfectly?!!

Well, look forward to some pics (either here or on cardomain). Enjoy the forum and WELCOME!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 07:15 PM

Very glad to have you rollin with the 6 Gen Brotherhood
Old 05-05-2004, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by JiuJitsuThug
Very glad to have you rollin with the 6 Gen Brotherhood
It's a "Brotherhood" now?
Old 05-06-2004, 12:59 AM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

Congrats on the family making out of that accident ok, and also on getting a new Maxima. My wife loves my Maxima, but she cant drive stick so its alllll mine...