6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Sensory Package

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 02:05 PM

Sensory Package

Does the HIDs come in the sensory package? I'm seeing conflicting things on the internet. Called the dealer and sales guy had no clue. Said they all come with HIDs, then said no, you have to get the most expensive package to get them. WHAT???

I just want the sensory pack, not the DPP. I have no real use for the power mirrors and memory (just me driving it). I do like the HIDs though.

Thanks for any help,
Rick
Old 05-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sensory package does not include HIDs, only DPP does
Old 05-05-2004, 05:29 PM

Ok, thanks. I was afraid of that
Old 05-08-2004, 06:38 PM

you can get them installed as a dealer installed option on the maxima with sensory package and neg. on the price since you are purchasing the car new. How ever if you buy the car and get the HID later they are going to charge you more.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Even if you don't have a use for memory the DPP also gets you in addition to the HIDs - rear spoiler, power folding mirrors, heated steering wheel, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, driver's seat easy entry/exit and power lumbar.

There is only a $1200 msrp difference between the sensory and DPP packages and in an overall deal your were to negotiate it would probably be more like $1000. Just get the DPP IMHO. Good luck!
Old 05-09-2004, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jim123
Even if you don't have a use for memory the DPP also gets you in addition to the HIDs - rear spoiler, power folding mirrors, heated steering wheel, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, driver's seat easy entry/exit and power lumbar.

There is only a $1200 msrp difference between the sensory and DPP packages and in an overall deal your were to negotiate it would probably be more like $1000. Just get the DPP IMHO. Good luck!

Agree completely. The extra grand will probably add like $8 a month to your payment, and you'll really like the extra stuff. Not to mention it will pay off to some extent in trade-in value later on. Go for it!

Mike
Old 05-09-2004, 08:21 PM

I agree with Jim123 and Mike_TX completely. I would not even consider buying an '04 Maxima without the DP package.

The heated steering wheel is something I have dreamed of for decades. My hands stay absolutely frozen in cold weather, and the Max steering wheel warms up in half a minute from a cold start.

The memory settings are useful, even if you don't have an alternate driver. Every time you so something as simple as a routine trip to the dealer (or wherever) for an oil change, one push of a button and everything adjusts to exactly where you want it.

The power tilt and telescoping steering wheel give great flexibility and convenience, even if no other driver ever touches your car.

The power folding mirrors are great if you park in a garage or carport with a standard eight foot wide door (or narrower), or are trying to slip through a tight spot.

The driver's seat easy entrance/exit is very convenient.

The power lumbar enables the driver to tailor the seat for greatest comfort.

The spoiler is compact, neat, and adds visual pizzaz to the large rear of this car.

And, of course, the piece de resistance: High Intensity Discharge headlights!

When you trade your car in, having the DP package makes this a much more desirable vehicle.

I consider the DP package the difference between an 'entry level' car and a very-near luxury automobile. It will be hard to get more long-term value for your money than investing it in the DP option.

JMHO
Old 05-10-2004, 05:22 AM

Ok, I think you guys have sold me on getting the DPP. Will give me several "toys" to play with.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by cpa4u
Ok, I think you guys have sold me on getting the DPP. Will give me several "toys" to play with.
Great choice!!!