6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Fixed my power outlets!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 05:25 PM

Fixed my power outlets!!!

I'm sure most of you get annoyed that there is no constant power to the outlets. Well, I fixed that last night while installing my alarm/remote start. It's a very simple mod and it's really worth it. I wired my power outlet in the front to have constant power.

Here's a quick right up on the mod:

I grabbed the constant power from the ignition harness (it's green) and fused it with a 10 amp fuse. I ran the one wire behind the center console over to the passenger's side. There is a small panel right in front of the outlet that just pops out. Remove it, it is only held on with clips. There will be two wires in a black tubing leading to the power outlet. Cut a slit in the the tubing and cut the yellow wire. The other wire is black, which is a ground. Leave that alone. You will now have two sides of the yellow wire. The side that is going to the power outlet and the other side which is power coming from the fuse box. Take the new power wire that you just ran and connect it to the side that is going to the power outlet. Tape up the other side of the yellow wire or cap it off. Tape the black tubing back up and you are done.

If you are mechanically inclined, this mod should take you about 10-15 minutes.
That includes taking the panels apart and putting them back together.

Any questions feel free to ask!