6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

My long thread on a 7 month recap of my max

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 10:29 AM
andymax95

My long thread on a 7 month recap of my max

So here's a recap over the past 7 months I have owned my 04 auto se. First off it started when I purchaseda 97 black/black 5 speed. Now that I had a job, my 4th gen dreams would of came true. All my others where mostly cosmetic but I was all about boost. Anyways car went to **** within 3 days. After tax, tags, paid $9000 cash. Finally I got to put it towards a new car. I wasn't in a position to negotiate price on the near car so I got mine with some swindelling with tax, tags, for 34,000 grand. With a $9,000 trade in ( or cash, depends on how you look at it), 500 a month payments (8 so far), I have dished out $13,000 in the past 7 months plus $4,500 in mods. So cash out of the pocket to date has added up to $17500.

Now what can i drive for around $20,000 a year. Something a hell of alot nicer with less problems.

Point of the story is, I keep having problems with the max:
max has 15,000 miles
oil changes since 1000 miles
2 accidents, one I watched happen from a spectators view,other deer
Started to get steering wheel shimmy, brake shimmy
Car started leaking through the dome lights
Now Bose stereo cuts out on left side of vehicle

Have had these issues addressed at least 4 times now with the dealership and not a damn thing has gotten accomplished. I keep rescheduling all the time for the same exact problems with no remedies.

So I was thinking of trading it in. But when I wasn't high I realized everything I wrote and to drive a car for so little and spend so much, its not worth it. So even though I wish I could get a new max or even the best thing is get a better car. I'm stuck. So even though I hate the max, I'm still gonna keep modding.

2 Questions:

1. Next mod, exhaust. The Greddy has started growing on me, even though it's still ugly. But how does it sound. I want it to sound like a 350z, g35 or fx45. I heard someone mention it does, but I'm skeptable.

2. I have an extended warranty on my stock tires. I'm getting bored with my rims, plus I street race and do stupid **** all the time (mostly burnouts). So I'm gonna buy aftermarket 18's and put the stock tires on it. So when I bald these tires or blow them out, are they warrantied or do they have to be on the stock rim?

It's long, I'm sorry, but ****ed on the how much I spent and quality I've recieved

Andrew

Old 07-21-2004, 10:37 AM

Let me know when you sell the wheels, I am interested.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:49 AM
andymax95

Wasn't thinking of selling, just looking for another pair of shoes

Old 07-21-2004, 10:54 AM

You should sell them because they look like ****
Old 07-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by andymax95
So here's a recap over the past 7 months I have owned my 04 auto se. First off it started when I purchaseda 97 black/black 5 speed. Now that I had a job, my 4th gen dreams would of came true. All my others where mostly cosmetic but I was all about boost. Anyways car went to **** within 3 days. After tax, tags, paid $9000 cash. Finally I got to put it towards a new car. I wasn't in a position to negotiate price on the near car so I got mine with some swindelling with tax, tags, for 34,000 grand. With a $9,000 trade in ( or cash, depends on how you look at it), 500 a month payments (8 so far), I have dished out $13,000 in the past 7 months plus $4,500 in mods. So cash out of the pocket to date has added up to $17500.

Now what can i drive for around $20,000 a year. Something a hell of alot nicer with less problems.

max has 15,000 miles

Have had these issues addressed at least 4 times now with the dealership and not a damn thing has gotten accomplished. I keep rescheduling all the time for the same exact problems with no remedies.

So I was thinking of trading it in. But when I wasn't high I realized everything I wrote and to drive a car for so little and spend so much, its not worth it. So even though I wish I could get a new max or even the best thing is get a better car. I'm stuck. So even though I hate the max, I'm still gonna keep modding.

2 Questions:

1. Next mod, exhaust. The Greddy has started growing on me, even though it's still ugly. But how does it sound. I want it to sound like a 350z, g35 or fx45. I heard someone mention it does, but I'm skeptable.

2. I have an extended warranty on my stock tires. I'm getting bored with my rims, plus I street race and do stupid **** all the time (mostly burnouts). So I'm gonna buy aftermarket 18's and put the stock tires on it. So when I bald these tires or blow them out, are they warrantied or do they have to be on the stock rim?

It's long, I'm sorry, but ****ed on the how much I spent and quality I've recieved

Andrew
If you are having these kinds of issues (ones that will affect the resale value of the car) and have had the dealer attempt to address them multiple times without resolution (in your case 4), then I think you could be on track to lemon law it... check your state laws, but if you are that unhappy with your max (as I am starting to be with mine after 9 months), then I'd look into lemon lawing it. Nissan (and dealer) should be made accountible - either stand behind their products and fix the problems or eat it and allow the customer to move on.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:07 PM

but I'm skeptable.

Andrew

WTF is skeptable.....I know what ya mean but I still think your high .

Ronnies lookin for a new ride, try and get him to take over your payments and get a Z used from the GM I know at Nissan. I think we should go kick Bonners butt this weekend drive by style with paintballs, ya down? Yes I'm high .
Old 07-21-2004, 12:36 PM

What Monotaur said.

To have these problems is one thing. For the dealer to not be able to fix them (even though, if you are under 36K miles, Nissan will reimburse the dealer for whatever it takes to do the fixes) is not acceptable.

I can see that there might be an occasional problem that could be very difficult to fix, and I get the feeling you may be the type of driver that would have trouble with the front disks of any brake system. But to have five or so problems which have not been fixed after repeated dealer attempts is unacceptable.

You need to lock your liquor cabinet for a few days and carefully document your travails with your Maxima, with the idea of pursuing action in the lemon law arena. The lemon law is intended to cover vehicles which cannot be fixed after repeated attempts.

First, discuss these problems with your dealer, letting him know that you have given them several chances to fix them, and either the problems must be fixed immediately, or you want a new vehicle under the lemon law.

Don't let him tell you these problems are inherent with this vehicle, and there is nothing that can be done. My '04 SL has none of these problems. If he gives you any trouble whatsoever, ask for the name and number of the Nissan zone/area manager.

Whatever you do, don't unlock the liquor cabinet until this situation is resolved in a manner you can live with. Don't let 36 months or 36K miles pass without correcting most, if not all of these problems.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:46 PM
andymax95

Originally Posted by BRIGBOY
Ronnies lookin for a new ride, try and get him to take over your payments and get a Z used from the GM I know at Nissan. I think we should go kick Bonners butt this weekend drive by style with paintballs, ya down? Yes I'm high .

I'm definetly down to do a drive by. I'll hit you up man.

The dealer keeps f*cking with me cause I look like a punk *** kid. Which I yam. But I'm not gonna stress, cause it gets fixed or it doesn't. Regardless of how the car is when warranty expires, it's out of my hands and into the hands of some other sap.

Old 07-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

long story? man your car sounds great compared

max has 15,000 miles

2 Questions:

Andrew

i have 10000 miles and have 27 items replaced or fixed on mine in 5 months. good luck there is no quality in these cars at all.