6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Radio Noise after engine off!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Radio Noise after engine off!

I hope someone might have some insights into my problem.

I have a 2004 Max with the Bose and 6cd Changer. When I turn off the car the speakers make a static\schreeching sound. It does not do it all the time. I already had it to the dealer twice and they have replaced the amp. It is still making the sound. I have noticed a couple of things. It will stop making the noise if I push the eject button on the cd player unless there is no disc to eject. If there is no disc to eject it merely interrupts the sound for a few seconds. I was wondering if other owners can eject cd's from their players when the power is off and you have opened the door to stop the delay accessory power.

I would appreciate anyone who may any knowledge about this happening and what can be done. I will be heading for the second fix attempt and I do not even have 1000mi on the car. I am also apprehensive about taking it in for service as the first time I had them look it over it came back with a loose shifter **** and the second time the upper set of buttons that are below the LCD screen was pushed in at the top and loose. The car drives great, it is like a performance car with room for the family. These type of electrical gremlins scare me because they sometimes have no quick resolution. I am in PA to they get 3 shots to fix it, then time to pay a lawyer.

I went the extra $$ to get a maxima this time and have a good quality car. I hope it was not a mistake.

Thanks!!!!