6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Something new for a change, thread on things we like about our Maxima.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 10:25 PM

Can somebody say POWER!!!!!
Gotta love that
Gotta love the burnt orange interior with the Elite package
Gotta love the dual chrome tipped exhausts
Gotta love the factory 18's(Yes my rims will vote this Nov)
Did I mention 265 horses.
Giddy up!
Gotta love the fact that the governor on this thing is set higher than I am willing to go.(got up to 120mph and got scared)
Old 10-07-2004, 03:26 PM

Back up to the top again, looking for more good responses.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:06 AM
SuPeRmOd

I love the interior layout. So sleek and stylish. It's very easy to read with the assortment of settings/dimmings. The most comfortable driver's seat, driving arrangement I have ever been in. Being 6' is kinda tough getting a good setting with my long legs, most cars are hard to reach anything. Love the telescoping wheel so I can reach it comfortably.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:19 PM
andymax95

i love to do burnouts in it, i love how when i look back at the skid marks there is only one. Gotta love it. And the intake sound is incredible, was getting complements from people about how sleeper it sounds cruizin but step on it and it's a f1 race

Old 10-08-2004, 12:37 PM

Getting in my car after lunch....hotty (blonde, pony tail, business suit, pink tinted wrap around shades...this is South Florida) parked in front of me was getting into a Lexus RX 330.

She: Like your Maxima?
ME: Very much.
She: Can I see the interior
Me: Sure.....
She: These cars are sexy, I like the dark tint all around....
Me: Uh, yeah, thanks....
She: Okay thanks, cya.
Me: Bye.

(Damn baby seat in the back, if you know what I mean haha).

Yeah I love my Maxima lol
Old 10-09-2004, 04:41 AM

Things I love about my Max:
-the awesome VQ35DE!!!
-the "low profile" look of the rear end
-the spacious and unique interior
-the huge a$$ trunk
-the aggressive front end with an aftermarket grille
-how perfect and sexy the 20" rims sit on the Max
-the comments and compliments I get for my car everyday!!!

My list can go on and on but I love my Max hence the little problems that can be fixed. I find myself shining and cleaning my Max almost everyday. I cant stand to drive it without it "BLINGIN"!!!! No matter what anybody else says, I still have the love for the car that I had when I first bought it!
Old 10-09-2004, 04:59 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

All of the above. I remember when i first got her about 6 months ago. I would go to my laneway and just look at her. My heart would actually pitter patter like a teenager in love !

Come to think of it i still get that feeling every time i see it.

Whenever i park it somewhere, i usually turn around and look at it a couple of times while i'm walking up to where i'm going.

When i'm at work, i can't wait to hop in it at the end of the day, throw in a good CD and take the long way home.

Bob
Old 10-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Yanger
Getting in my car after lunch....hotty (blonde, pony tail, business suit, pink tinted wrap around shades...this is South Florida) parked in front of me was getting into a Lexus RX 330.

She: Like your Maxima?
ME: Very much.
She: Can I see the interior
Me: Sure.....
She: These cars are sexy, I like the dark tint all around....
Me: Uh, yeah, thanks....
She: Okay thanks, cya.
Me: Bye.

(Damn baby seat in the back, if you know what I mean haha).

Yeah I love my Maxima lol
That's what I'm talkin' about!!!
Old 10-10-2004, 06:27 PM

i love everything about my car even though it uses all my $$ to pay for it. its the best car i have ever driven, owned, hell even sat in. i do wish i had gotten the nav unit but that can come later.

but the best thing i enjoy is detailing my baby then going for a drive and seeing all the looks i get
Old 10-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Love My Maxima

You want to get about out in LA and you are going to have to Valet. Once a week some kid will hand me my keys and say nice car! I am 6-4, 230 pounds and I have plenty of headroom and space. You don't see one on every block and the rear buckets are a blast. I am very happy with my purchase.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:02 PM
SuPeRmOd

She's just so sexy. I love my Max.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:35 PM

Nice idea for a thread! Too often these forums tend to be very negative and appear to show the car in a bad light. There will always be minor issues with any car. As the owner of a 2004 Max SL and a 2004 Titan SE, I'm very happy with Nissan's quality.

Some of the things I like about the Maxima:

1. Excellent value for the money.
2. Upscale interior that reminds me a lot of my 3 series BMW.
3. Power tilt and heated steering wheel, heated seats.
4. Disctintive profile.. I wont drive a car that looks like another sheep in the flock. Definitly don't get this with the Maxima.
5. First rate Bose stereo and Sirius satellite radio. Great display that reads the titles off of my home-burned CDs.
6. 30-31mpg on the hiway and tons of power to pass anything with just a little throttle.
7. Very clean "euro" influenced back end. Distinctive tail lights and butressed roof/rear window treatment.
8. Killer cornering lights. No frilly attempts to hide them, just in your face lamps. Nobody else in this market segment even offers cornering lamps.
9. Skyview roof. At first I thought this was a rip-off since it doesn't open. I've had lots of cars with moonroofs and rarely opened them. This is cool since it's free and you can still look up and see the mountains if that's where you happen to be.
10. HID headlights. I paid big bucks for them on the BMW, came with the SL package here. Another example of good value for the $$.
11. Dealer has treated me like royalty. (they should after buying $65k worth of vehicles in 30 days) Seriously, EXCELLENT service from them.

Have no complaints against the Maxima, but sure a couple of things could be tweaked and improved. Maybe the headrests could reach a little further forward so you don't have to lean your head back so far on a long trip, and the lumbar support could be a little higher for me. But overall, I still love the car and really enjoy it on trips.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
Love everyhing about nissan maxima's this is my second not counting infiniti I30 and if their something I don't like I haven't found it.

*******Power
*******quality
*******performance
*******interior simple but works

100% nissan lover till death**********************************

till death brother!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 08:26 PM

Back to the top again.....I still love reading all the posts and with so many people lurking out there as new owners, would love to hear some new people register on the board and post their opinion......some new 05 people would be great.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
I LOVE MY MAX!!!! I LIKE LOOKING AT IT EVERY MORNING. I LIKE DRIVING IT EVERY DAY. I LOVE CLEANING IT EVERY WEEK. NO COMPLAINTS HERE!!!!!

Could not have said it any better!!!!! Thats the exact way I feel and my mx is 14 months old now!!

When there's traffic and people cut in front of me (side lanes) .. I dont care!!!! thats how much I love this car!!!

I have a few dings and dents on the car (black) and people ask me if that bothers me.... Really ... it does not .. coz I'm on the inside most of the time and just writing this makes me want to go for a ride ............back in a while..
Old 10-24-2004, 04:27 PM

Carcus,

If there are negative's about the MAX, then people can always buy something else!! I think it is the best "Family-Sports" sedan on the road today. I have pushed my MAX to the MAX a few times, and trust me, it did more than I expected it to do!!! Plus, living at Keesler is nice, but living at MacDill is even better in a MAX!!!
Old 10-24-2004, 05:22 PM

Looks like a Max in 4:3 !!
Old 10-25-2004, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Reese
Carcus,

If there are negative's about the MAX, then people can always buy something else!! I think it is the best "Family-Sports" sedan on the road today. I have pushed my MAX to the MAX a few times, and trust me, it did more than I expected it to do!!! Plus, living at Keesler is nice, but living at MacDill is even better in a MAX!!!

what if the people already bought the MAX and now cant buy something else!!
Old 10-27-2004, 11:17 AM
SuPeRmOd

I also love my Max b/c it DOESN'T look like that, the guage layout is ugly. Max is so much sweeter. door buttons, yuck. and more ***** for HVAC. chrome shifter, blah. and love my heated seat button under armrest, i'd hate to reach past shifter.

Max interior is so sleek and clean.

Don't worry, they're keeping a distinction between alti and MAX. you may just have to be as defined as us to realize it or care i guess.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:36 PM

Love it would buy another...
Old 10-28-2004, 12:50 PM

Sell it!!! Then get a suped up Honda Civic!!!
Old 10-30-2004, 06:17 PM

MAXIMA JE T'AIME BEAUCOUP!
Old 10-31-2004, 03:23 AM

Ooooh la la ! Maxima Love.....en français !

Bob
Old 11-01-2004, 07:56 PM

i love my max more and more everyday espically when its washed
Old 11-01-2004, 08:08 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by Jeffs04SE
i love my max more and more everyday espically when its washed
wow look at her smile! who made that grille, and we're did you buy it? It looks a lot different than all that I've seen. I still like the OEM, but may want a change down the road. Have an extra Nissan logo to slap on.

Old 11-03-2004, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
wow look at her smile! who made that grille, and we're did you buy it? It looks a lot different than all that I've seen. I still like the OEM, but may want a change down the road. Have an extra Nissan logo to slap on.

its made by b-cool billets. i actually bought it off e-bay for $159.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:13 PM

Above all of the features and profile of the car, my #1 favorite aspect of my Maxima has to be the new car/leather smell. When I first bought it everyone would want to check out the exterior and interior and I would encourage them just to sit inside and experience that new car smell. I roll with the windows up and watch what I bring in the car (food, people) in order to preserve that for as long as I can. That's my #1.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:37 PM

Just reading this thread....all the new opinions and stuff....after all the negativity, really is nice for a change. Wonder how long my new car smell will last, ahhh.....I love it so, but mine does not have leather, so the new car smell seems like it is gone most of the time, but on warm days, still comes back now and again.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:15 PM
SuPeRmOd

i don't notice new smell anymore. but when others check it out, they do. If you have leather, Zaino Leather protectant gives that fresh/sweet leather scent, very close. works on vinyl too... I want to apply some now. did my tires today though.

I've been seeing a few more 6th Gens recently in my area. So others obviously love them too. At night, they don't recognize me though. w/ my oranges off and yellow fogs on or off. I love my car! just added an alarm so the bad people stay at least 2 feet away from her. adding home made grounding kit tomorrow just to spoiler her more and spiff up the engine w/ some red. I want to go drive her now. but I'll let her sleep.

am I okay? I almost truly feel like she's my girl.....
Old 11-13-2004, 01:26 AM
GrandPa

I love my Baby pure and simple. I have had my car for 1 year and do alot of driving between Brooklyn, NY and Florida and have had no problems. Love the XM radio. I do not even listen to regular radio.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:01 AM

I love my max too. Next time though I'll be sure to get satellite radio as well.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i've only had my '05 3.5 SL for a couple of weeks (618 miles and climbing) so i haven't fully explored everything yet.

but during chicago winters, the heated steering wheel, mirrors and seats will be very much appreciated.

i absolutely love the nav system, the auto dimming mirrors, soft suspension, smooth acceleration, and supple leather seats.

and contrary to the general concensus of this site, i think the 6-disc bose stereo system is way more than adequate... and that's coming from an electronica/industrial/gothic music junkie. so, add that to my list as well.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've had mine for 2 weeks. I love everything about it. Much nicer than my wife's Quest. But I really love the black leather interior. Didn't think I would like the black but wanted the 6 spd so I had a hard time finding any color other than white and red.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by carcus
Just reading this thread....all the new opinions and stuff....after all the negativity, really is nice for a change. Wonder how long my new car smell will last, ahhh.....I love it so, but mine does not have leather, so the new car smell seems like it is gone most of the time, but on warm days, still comes back now and again.
You can always replace it with this...HAHAHAHA!!

Works too!

Car Scent info here
Old 11-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Moderator GT-R

I still like mine but it will most likely be my last Maxima.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by bluemaxx
I still like mine but it will most likely be my last Maxima.
You mean our moderator is gonna be driving a TL?? OH NOOOO!!! What are we going to do!!! PLEASE say it isn't so!!!
Old 11-21-2004, 12:20 PM

Had to keep this at the top as I enjoy reading this one over and over and there are so many people that have not left new comments.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:08 PM

Great thread. I just bought my 05 Maxima after turning in my 04 Spec V. Loved the Spec but too small for me and my three teen aged kids and their friends. So I traded up to the MAx. I got a black one, with 6 speed, driver preferred, and sunroof. LOVE it. Better than the Altima SER I test drove. Great car for the money. Great car period. Needs stiffer springs and better tires. Before I had the car 24 hours, it had tint and badges removed and all the license plate sh*t. Anyone who disses this car doesnt appreciate its great qualities. I look at it every time I walk away in parking lot. And I walk far because I wont park it next to anyone. My 2 cents.

PS The steering wheel heater and the folding mirrors rock!!!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 04:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

What do I love about my Maxima? Damn good question.

Cruisin at 60-65 in auto..... slide over to manual then down to 3rd, then floor it...BUT First!! Make sure nothing is in front of you!! This is key!! nothing like it...makes me feel like Dave Chappelle in Half Baked.(signing for weed)

Awesome cars out there....awesome org. That Blue one with the 20'..."bad" pictures? please ..you cant take a bad picture of that car. You know you have a killer ride when other Maxima Drivers go...DAMN.... Come on admit it ...you do it for us dont you?... Well keep doing it dude!! Dou you have the blue lights(dash) yet... that would CAP IT OFF.

Isn't it just fun to "explore the envolope" ...I cannot wait to find winding roads! It's just amazing how far you can push these cars.... I have tried to break the wheels lose...and its gets to the point your like...OK maybe this is just a little faster than I should be going but it sticks, sway is minimal at best. Is the envolope unattainable? Let us Pray....

Maxima = Great Car and Fun to Drive
Like a beautiful Girl... With a personality.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:28 PM

Hey, had to bring it back to the top again for some of the new guys....

Would love to hear some new stuff from all the new posters....and creepers out there. Don't be shy.

Quick Reply: Something new for a change, thread on things we like about our Maxima.