6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Something new for a change, thread on things we like about our Maxima.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 09:55 PM

The fact that the windsheild washers are hid under the hood, not obstructing or on top of the hood.

I love her so very much as the days go by.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:46 PM

Love That 6th Gen Max

Originally Posted by Souljourner
. . . Six Speed Manual... oh baby! I, too, love the quiet power. . .

I love that even though I'm 6'1", tall people can sit behind me with plenty of room.

Dual Climate Control.... never again will I have to roast while the gf/sister/mother is freezing in the seat next to me.

Love my Max. Love love love.

-Nate
Nate got it right, above (I'm 6'2"). I've been asked if my engine was running (it idles so quietly).

I bought this car for the VQ Engine and the 6-Speed Manual and look what else I got!:

- More interior room than all so-called "mid-sized" cars and equal to almost any so-called "full-sized" cars. This car is larger inside and smaller outside than my previous Olds. There is just no comparison.

- A car with a silhoutte that appears to be going 100 MPH even when standing still. (Others have talked about how they like to just look at her -- me too).

- The best auto buy in the industry, IMO -- the most car for the money. I look at Beemers, Volvos, Mercedes, and similar and think: "Your car is nice (or OK) but you certainly overpaid for what you're driving!"

- And I definitely was right about both the engine and trannie!

My Nissan dealer almost talked me into an Automatic Maxima, but I made him work (and I waited) to get the right 6-speed -- and I've never regretted it. That trannie has a gear for every occasion! I can keep the car in gear and take the VQ's RPMs up to properly accelerate for any freeway merging (or lane control) occasion. How cool!

Even things that bothered me at first about the car, I now like -- like the smaller size rear window. I now know I can use the center rearview mirror to see all I need to see behind me.

Most of the previous posts on this thread got the advantages right, so I won't repeat them.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:23 PM

Love everything about the Max. Roomy interior, especially the back with the front seats push all the to the front. Very roomy for a you know what. I love putting my turn signals on on the freeway because it would startle the other drivers w/ my cornering light in they face at night. The autodimming mirrors are great because no drivers behind you can ever highbeam your *** again. Love my stock rims. Just love cruising in my Max.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:13 AM

I had the first '04 Max off of my dealers lot and I couldn't be happier with it. It is my first Maxima and it will NOT be my last. Plain and simple the car is fun to drive. And I think the base SE is a great value.

I look forward to driving it every day.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:45 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

It's just a bad a** car!!!!
Old 12-19-2004, 05:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My personal favorites:

1) the car still has zero rattles after ten thousand plus miles.
(I hate it when a car rattles.)

2) It rides firmly but comfortably, and feels solidly attached to road surfaces.

3) The sound of the engine--that low but still refined growl--upon even
moderate acceleration.

4) The car's resistance to cross-winds at speed.

5) The car's roominess and ergonomics.

6) The fact that its styling is distinctive. E.g., compare it with the new BMW
Old 01-12-2005, 05:38 PM
SuPeRmOd

I just love how whichever lady I have in the passenger seat, she giggles as the RPM climb and she's pulled back into the seat. I just think "see you do have something in common with that other girl."
Old 01-12-2005, 08:52 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

I am lovin' everything about my new '05 Max. I traded in an '02 and I can't believe the difference. When Nissan said upscale they really meant it. Wow, the power that thing has. I had to drive back home about 60 miles from where I picked it up. I had to set the cruise because I kept looking down and noticing I was doing 90 in a 65. It felt more like 40. I can't say enough about this car. This is my third Max and they just keep getting better.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:43 AM

Speed, Speed, and more speed! plus the quiet ride, SSV, good handling, HIDs, the looks, everything!
Old 01-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

EVERYTHING!-not the least of which is the great advice I get on this website-thanks guys.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:25 PM
SmokinMaxSE

I love the power folding mirrors. Alot of other nice cars out there don't have the option. I'll sometimes show off in parking lots. I'll fold them in, turn the car off and leave the switch open. So when I go to start it they will open as I drive off.

I also like the bright HID projectors. I'll use the brights to **** off tail gaters and they get furious at the light and sometimes spit and curse. One lady took both her hands off the steering wheel and threw them up in the air while driving.

Like the all cd random selection feature too.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:44 PM

I would blow the server if I listed everything I love about my Maxima, so will just mention one thing; As my wife and I drove to our favorite pizza parlor this afternoon, I turned on the heated steering wheel to thaw out my ancient creaky bones (those of you nearer age 100 than age 40 know exactly what I am talking about), and told her I would never ever look at another car without that feature. It has been a true Godsend to me.

Just as the entire Maxima series has been a blessing for the last 22 years of my life.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:50 PM
.org extraordinaire

- I love the big back seat.
- My girlfriend loves the big back seat.
- My other girlfriend loves the big back seat.

- Great power, great handling (with mods), great breaking, aggressive looking, fast as shti!!! Best of all she the a "full size bithc with a sporty bithc performace".

Love her even for all her little quirks.

Kamski
Old 11-06-2006, 05:33 AM
Banned

I like the accelleration from 60 to 80, when cruizing on the highway, I know I can punch it and see a nice large plume of exhaust in the lights of the car that was behind me when its cold out, and im gone
Old 11-06-2006, 08:27 AM

The big display and the roomy interior.

And the nice big rims.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:53 AM

i love everything about my Max..... Especially spanking V6 mercedes.......

I love the the leather, the leg room and the not to flashy interior. I know the maxima is not viewed as a VIP car.

But I plan to make into one.... I chose to purchase the car instead of leasing it because in the long run, i dont have to worry about miles or mods I install...

I plan on keeping this one for awhile and maybe pass it onto my daughter. She is 3 right now and keeps asking me, when am I putting TVs in the back... LOL...

Soon... very soon....
Old 11-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

My favorite features

- heated seats & steering wheel
- folding mirrors , althoug the time I forgot to fold them another vehicle took them off $500 later new mirror installed
- look of the car, nothing like it on the road
- 4 seat SE , leather seats

#1 like - the power. People always under estimate the power of the max, especially when I merge onto a highway. Nonthing better than passing other cars - drop it into 5th ( or 4th if I really want to move) and seee ya..
Old 11-06-2006, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by ridersoftoob
nothing..........

hahahahahahaahahahah

thats what you get for being an impulse buyer.... or maybe someone gave it to you???? If so, they have good taste in cars....
Old 11-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have to say that the thing I love most about my Max(ine) is the ELITE package. I have driven sedans before and it always sat 3 people in the back and the one who sits in the middle of the back is almost always in my rear view mirror. I hate when anything is blocking my view in my mirrors because I like to look back at people I pass up!

Old 11-06-2006, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
- I love the big back seat.
- My girlfriend loves the big back seat.
- My other girlfriend loves the big back seat.

Kamski
Its always great when you can make the girls happy!

The power, style, room, price, trunk, and 6 speed did it for me.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:18 AM

the reason i chose the max was because of its looks. i wanted a big % comfortable car that wasn't slow like boat. the max fit the bill. i really like the fact that the body is wider than most other cars, like the G35 sedan, i frankly don't like the styling as much as i like my max's
i love the front end with my aftermarket grill, and the perfect *** from the factory (no spoiler for me...it SPOILS her ***).
the inside i love my BOSE sound system, i'm not an audiophile and that's the best sound quality i've ever heard in a car, and most other places as well.
my most favorite thing? my 2 in-dash screens and 9" headrest monitors playing music videos while i'm driving
Old 11-07-2006, 08:10 PM

Yeah, everything about this car is great.

-6 Spd
-HIDs
-Navi
-Heating steering wheel
-Front and rear heated Seats
-Eletronic Fold in side mirrors
-The 2 seater back seat (Looks Fancy)
-Roomy everything
-Power, Speed and comfort
-Affordable
-And BLACK ON BLACK! Love iT!
Old 11-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I traded in my 2005 Acura RSX-S for my Smoke 6spd '06 SE back in April. I must say I love everything about this car. I can really only compare it to the RSX, as it's the only other car I've ever owned, but the interior quality is better (some say it's cheap, but it's a huge upgrade for me),
- the bose system (ridiculously better compared to the rsx bose system)
- I could fall asleep on the leather seats they're so comfortable
- the speed and accel. surprises everyone that's ridden in it thinking they're in a family sedan
- HID's
- the large wheels and tires (perfect size)
- everything else

LOVE IT!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 08:23 PM

i love everything but the payment...and the woodgrain but that's my fault since i have an sl.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

No owners manual

I have had my 06' SE for 2 weeks now and I just love it. Only thing I don't like is how it did not come with a manual. This thread has told me about several features I did not know I had. Such as the auto window down with the remote. How ever when I lock the car the windows don't go up. Are they supposed to?? As well the power mirrors that fold back, how does that work. I went to the dealer but since the car was bought elsewhere They were of little help.

I bought this car to show my autoshop students some of the latest/ greatest technology out there and I plan on having my students help with lots of the upgrades. Should be fun. If the car is as good as this forum it will be fun and informative. Lots more questions to come. Thanks in advance.
Cheers, Rob
Old 11-12-2006, 05:38 AM

Ok Rob (Swee here), let me see if I can help!

To answer your first question, no the windows don't go back up....UNLESS.....Stick your key in the d/s front door (only one with a keyhole if I remember correctly anyway) turn it to the locking postion and hold it! That should put your windows back up for you.

Power folding mirrors is an option: Let's see if you have it!

Sitting in your D/seat, look at your left side of the dash just above your left knee position. There you should have 3 buttons:

1. Dial for dimming dash lights
2. A square button with directional arrows on it. to the right of that in the same frame is a little lever and below that lever is an open close button.
3. Heated steering wheel button (looks like peace sign with lines going upward from it.
4. TCS or VDC button

Good luck!
Old 11-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello Swee ( Rob here) I tried the key and voila the windows went up. As for the mirrors there is a spot for the botton (its blank) Now is the option merely a "missing switch" ?? I will pop out the switch and see if any wiring harness is there. I have an 05' Santa fe where fog lamps were an option. I popped out the blank switch to find the wiriing waiting for me. I had my students install an after market set of fog lamps and I bought the factory switch from the dealer. Complete set up for $85 vs. $300 option from dealer.

As well I don't have the sat nav but would like it. Is this just a module from dealer?? Or are most people just adding stand alone units?? Thanks for the info Swee. Much appreciated.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:44 PM

Those are all good questions, for which I don't have an equally good answer.
The dealership tried to sell me the features/parts required to complete those items. I wasn't willing to budge. I saw no need for Nav, or Sat radio.

Check out this website, they might be able to answer some of your questions also. I am a member there and can't say enough good things about it!

www.6thgenmaxima.org
Old 11-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am on my way to check it out. Thanks again!!
Cheers, Rob
Old 11-12-2006, 06:08 PM

No problem! Good luck with your mods!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I love this car, and so does the rest of the auto industry...all the new lines have a basic look of the Max.

It still looks sharp after 3 years, comfortable and easy reach to necessary controls. No regrets here.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Things I like:

6MT is incredibly fun to drive.
Eye candy sitting still...and a rocket when its time to go.
0-60 in under 12 seconds...and still 30 MPG on the highway.
Tremedous brakes...will stop on a dime and give change.
Can't get the smile off my face.
Car is 6 years old and still turning heads.
Factory 7 spoke 18" alloys.
Decent front legroom.
Power folding mirrors. Haven't found an use for them yet but dang if that ain't cool.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:47 PM
KC's FINEST

Originally Posted by bigmike210
Decent front legroom.
Power folding mirrors. Haven't found an use for them yet but dang if that ain't cool.

How in the hell did you find a thread from 2004 to add to?

No wonder this site runs as slow as it does...
Old 05-23-2010, 05:10 PM

Enough Said

Last edited by Talon05; 05-23-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by bigmike210
Decent front legroom.

LOL, Grave digger!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 02:40 PM

IDK about quality tho
Old 06-20-2010, 07:48 AM

My only complain is the ****y turning radius other then that love the max!It has tons of room ive slept in the back seat plenty of times.its powerful a huge sedan but still great on gas
Old 06-22-2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by 2k4MaximaSE
....this thread is quite depressing because my baby's been in the body shop for like 2 weeks and a half getting her reconstructive surgery. I miss driving that car around, for the time being I'm stuck driving a rental which is a '04 GMC Canyon.

Now back to the topic at hand, I have many reasons why I love this car.

- Love the style. Although I still love the 20th Anniversary models (I 'break my neck' when I see those in the streets) I still think this is the best designed Maxima.

- Love the luxury that this car offers. Many cars in its class don't come close when compared to luxury or features that our Maxima offers.

- Love the Silver/Black combination.

- Even though I live in Miami I do love the heated seat/steering wheel feature. They've actually got some usage probably 2 times last year. Well actually more, those heat warmers come in handy when I've had to sprint to my cars because it's pouring. I've had several pants/jeans with the back/bottom side dry while the front portion is soaked.

- Love the telescopic steering wheel. Nice little feature to get a few "oohs and ahhs".

- The folding mirrors are also a nice little feature especially if you for no reason decide to 'display' this feature on a red light, ah the attention.

- I used to drive a '92 Sentra before this car so the significance in power is welcomed. Knowing that I can pretty much pick up speed right from a dead stop.

- Love the fact that when I've hit 100+mph how the suspension seems to stiffen to up and make the car much more responsive.

- The Elite Package was a the idea and creation of a genius. Not to hate on those who have the conventional bench seat in the back but I honestly love the 2 bucket seat set up in the back. Why shove a 3rd person in between the middle? Although I have to say there have been certain times when I have regreted having the bucket seats in the back, on those ocassions when I had a female companion in the back with me.

- Navigation system is god sent. I personally am one of those who have no sense of direction whatsoever so to have this feature is just undescribable. Plus the Place of Interest feature is very nice as well.

- The stock alloy 18's. Many people are surprised when I tell them that those are stock rims and not aftermarket.

- When I have a tall vehicle behind me (S.U.V., Trucks, or Vans) and on my side mirrors or rear view I see the people making hand gestures trying to figure out how the skyview roof 'opens'.

- The attention the car attracts and the fact that it has its touch of luxury but not overly sophisticated.

- I'm not as tall as some of you but man I love the room. I no longer feel crammed. Even the back passengers can enjoy the leg room too.

- All the seats are very comfortable especially the back bucket seats. I've fallen asleep in my car at times during my hour lunch, and it feels as if I were in a nice, cozy mattress.

- The A.C. Especially here in Miami with the heat, knowing that in just a matter of seconds my car can go from a sitting oven to a nice 'ice box'. Plus the dual climate feature is also nice.

- Power seats for driver and passenger.

- Skyview roof. I honestly love this feature more than the typical sunroof.

- The motorcyle inspired gauges. Very unique to see this in a vehicle plus I got alot of envious friends that which they had those in their cars.

- Stock Bose system. Stock system is pretty impressive. All I'm really going to do as far as 'sound upgrade' is a pair of amps and a pair of 12's with a custom box and of course dynomat.

- The center panel of the car. Seems like a airplane cockpit or some sort of space craft. All the buttons on there seemed to have been thought off their positions. Clean, classy look, effortless as well.

I just love this car all around thankfully by next week I'll ve reunited with her until than I just have my memories.

I like this!!! I want to add about the back seats, I know driving the car is the best but did you actually sit in the back seat of your maxima and enjoy the very comfortable leather seats with those Boss subs massaging your back and all the leg room. I feel like a VIP just relaxing and enjoying the ride and the car!!!! You can get a deferent perspective of the car when you sit in the back seat, I actually think my son is lucky to have all the space and luxury in the back.........He falls asleep often in this car now ha-ha don’t blame him.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:37 PM

I agree and yes I have been in the back very nice!
Old 06-27-2010, 12:41 AM

There isn't too many modified 6.5 Maximas in my city or state. SO, my favorite thing about my car is when I roll by, people break their freakin necks. lol

Quick Reply: Something new for a change, thread on things we like about our Maxima.