6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

$99 XM Roady2 Beat $375 Stock XM Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

$99 XM Roady2 Beat $375 Stock XM Nissan

IMO the XM roady 2 is way cooler than the nissan factory Clarion addon unit for the 6th Gen. First of all it displays the whole song name. You can change the color of the display and you can also program your stocks into it and it scrolls a ticker below the music you are listening to. I love how nissan advertises its navigation system as like a personal PDA for the car. I feel a little cheated by it and i hope they come out with a software update soon. I cant stand that it doesnt give you distances away from adress book listing on the adress book screen. As far as Sat goes if you do not mind the slight ( and I do mean SLight) hiss of a tape adapter or the built in FM Modulator playing with your music I think the Roady is great Plus you can take it inside the house and listen to it on you stereo. I have Both now due to having 2 sepeate cars ( 1 work 1 Play ) I just go the roady And I am impressed.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:36 PM

The old Roady seems to beat the $400 XM tuner from Nissan. I don't know if the navi info screen is better than the default, but everything that I've seen seems to point as the XM integration as an afterthought.

Both Roadys come with a million presets, all the stuff that you mentioned plus the ability to save your favorite songs and have the unit notify you when they come on, regardless of the station. And there's always the advantage of being able to take it out of the car and plug it into a home kit...

I've been thinking about getting the OEM tuner for the Maxima, but now I'm not so sure...
Old 12-13-2004, 06:51 PM

I like the OEM look better so I choose factory
Old 12-13-2004, 08:09 PM

It definately looks better but it performs like crap IMO. Dont get me wrong I am a sucker I bought It but I really think that the roady is cool and for the price its great.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by viguera
The old Roady seems to beat the $400 XM tuner from Nissan. I don't know if the navi info screen is better than the default, but everything that I've seen seems to point as the XM integration as an afterthought.

Both Roadys come with a million presets, all the stuff that you mentioned plus the ability to save your favorite songs and have the unit notify you when they come on, regardless of the station. And there's always the advantage of being able to take it out of the car and plug it into a home kit...

I've been thinking about getting the OEM tuner for the Maxima, but now I'm not so sure...
I have both SAT applications you speak of... Aftermarket in my Pathfinder and OEM tuner in the MAX...Bose systems in both vehicles... Hands down, the sound and look in the MAX is by far the better of the two. It's all about what's more important to you. For my MAX, I want to keep upgrades and mods very "clean" looking, almost like it was put together like that @ the factory, thus the OEM tuner suits this requirement (even though the song titles/artists names are cutoff in the display). Also, in the case of my MAX, looks and sound quality took much higher priority over convenience features and practicality... For the Pathfinder, I installed the SIRIUS equivalent to XM's roady (I have SIRIUS in both vehicles). It uses an FM modulator and the "head unit" is mobile (such as the roady)--I can pull it out and plug it into a home unit I bought for the house. BY FAR, the sound quality is much lesser than that in the MAX and the unit's placement is not much to behold in its current position in the lower center dash/console area--next to the auto shifter. But it works for her (my wife), so I don't have to be as picky w/ her vehicle...although, I do like the fact that her unit alerts you to preset favorites and their location when they're playing on any station...I enjoy that feature thoroughly! So, it's all about preference and what you're willing to sacrifice for what your vision is... People get in my MAX and ask, "I saw the antenna...so where's the SAT radio?". I just laugh and turn my Bose on and show them...I prefer that "stealthy", integrated look. In my wife's SUV, it's right there in your face! Can't miss it! But it's an SUV, so it's okay, I guess. Anyway, my two cents...
Old 12-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

anybody have a stiletto installed in a maxima? i need to see pics and i havent seen anyone with it.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:47 PM

Sure, great idea, if sound quality is unimportant to you, and you don't care if you have an out-of-place satellite receiver crowding your dash.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:16 PM
SuPeRmOd

wow 3 y.o. bumb haha
Old 01-05-2008, 01:56 PM

I have a SKyfi 2 in mine and I love it!!!1
Old 01-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by polyskilz
anybody have a stiletto installed in a maxima? i need to see pics and i havent seen anyone with it.
LOL Grave digger!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 04:45 AM
GrandPa

I have had the OEM XM radio in my car since I brought it and have had no problems. I also have it on my laptop and its built into my receiver at home.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:46 AM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by polyskilz
Old 01-09-2008, 05:56 AM

^^^comedian in the house