6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

How Anal Are You???

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by STACK BUNDLES
woah guys, relax, it's not like i completely turned it down. i just said not in the new car on this brand new sexy sporty leather. then i kept em "excited".. till i got them home
Hopefully they don't ask you to drop them off at the next bus stop !

Bob
Old 12-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverBelle04
The shame !

A good polish and wax could have your silver Max looking like this:

Now get out there, get to work and make that baby glow !

Bob
Get on him SilverBelle!!! Get on him!!!

Old 12-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TurboFatCrab
My lady always wonders who is more important to me. Well, I told her second place ain't bad. I'm a Please help me.

My wife has already conceded defeat to MY MAX!!!

Old 12-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NIKV69
Reading the reply about fingerprints made me remember one of my analisms!

When I need to close the hood or the trunk I grab the hook underneath and pull down and I generate enough power so it closes without my hand touching the outside of the hood or decklid!
Originally Posted by STACK BUNDLES
1) Absolutely no eating or drinking in the car, if i am that hungry that i have to eat, i put the food in the trunk, and do not order a drink. i rather the trunk stink like french fries than the interior
There's soooo many things that you guys collectively do that I do as well ( I'm totally cracking up as I read thru all the posts ), but I certainly didn't think anyone pulled their hood down like me or put food in the trunk when picking up an order as you two have quoted above!!! lol

SHIFT_I'M NORMAL!!!
Old 12-29-2004, 12:29 PM

hofb99,

You have to be normal, you drive a black Max like me!

I figured another great way to close my trunk without touching the finish on the car. Pull down on the hook underneath and then push down on the license plate! So easy and no fingerprints!

I also picked up Quiznos today and that stuff went right into the trunk!

Thank GOD for the cargo net!
Old 12-29-2004, 12:42 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by hofb99
Get on him SilverBelle!!! Get on him!!!

Good motivation guys, I'm on it!!
As soon as it stops raining here in So Cal!!!
Old 12-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Banned

hofb99,

I figured another great way to close my trunk without touching the finish on the car. Pull down on the hook underneath and then push down on the license plate! So easy and no fingerprints!

Old 12-29-2004, 03:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Good motivation guys, I'm on it!!
As soon as it stops raining here in So Cal!!!
Been raining here in Tucson too! First sign of the sun though, I'll be out there wiping her down...
Old 12-29-2004, 03:31 PM

hofb99,

1st of all = who said that all of this was normal ? I think that we're all NUTS !

That is exactly how i always close my trunk !

I stuff my "pick up" food in the trunk all the time ! Especially pizza.... that can smell up your car for days if you carry it inside !

Bob
Old 12-29-2004, 05:02 PM

I hear ya Bob!

We are pretty nuts but we all drive a banging ride!

Got another one! I am supreme **** about rolling down my windows in fact I never do! Especially with the tint. The windows simply never go down. Went to Taco Bell before and had to go inside, drive ups suck anyway, they always screw up your food.

It better stop raining down there I am leaving this Sunday!
Old 12-30-2004, 12:23 PM

The shame !

A good polish and wax could have your silver Max looking like this:

Now get out there, get to work and make that baby glow !

Bob
hey Bob! Your car looks awesome! what brand of wax (and car soap) do u use on it? Thanks Man!
Old 12-30-2004, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by joemax1
hey Bob! Your car looks awesome! what brand of wax (and car soap) do u use on it? Thanks Man!
Thanks !

I polished it with Meguiar's DACP (#8) using a Porter Cable Dual Action polisher and a Lake Country pad (orange).

After that i put about 4 or 5 coats of Zaino (Z2 plus ZFX) by hand and used Zaino Z6 in between coats.

I followed that up with a coat of Pinnacle Paste Glaz.

Here's a pic of some of the stuff in my detialing arsenal:

You could probably achieve good or "similar" results by first polishing with Meg's # 83 and then following up with a coat of Meguiars NXT.

BTW...my car doesn't look very nice right now because its covered in salt and snow

Bob
Old 12-30-2004, 12:49 PM

Thanks !

I polished it with Meguiar's DACP (#8) using a Porter Cable Dual Action polisher and a Lake Country pad (orange).

After that i put about 4 or 5 coats of Zaino (Z2 plus ZFX) by hand and used Zaino Z6 in between coats.

I followed that up with a coat of Pinnacle Paste Glaz.

Here's a pic of some of the stuff in my detialing arsenal:

You could probably achieve good or "similar" results by first polishing with Meg's # 83 and then following up with a coat of Meguiars NXT.

BTW...my car doesn't look very nice right now because its covered in salt and snow

Bob
hahaha!!! same here man!!! i have a Winter Frost-colored Max and it looks kinda dirty right now after the snow (which later on tunred into mud!). BTW, can I find those in Walmart or Autozone? and if u don't mind, can I ask about how much these things would total to?
Thanks again Man! Really appreciate it!
Old 12-30-2004, 12:55 PM

No problem -you can buy the Meguiars stuff in most car part stores or even at Walmarts. NXT should be about $15 and the DACP #83 should be about the same price. The PC is about $100 at Lowe's

Zaino you'd have to buy on-line: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

As a start, I would just give your Max a coat or 2 of NXT and see if you like it.

Bob
Old 12-30-2004, 01:03 PM

you might find this offensive but you being **** to the point it is GAY lol
Old 12-30-2004, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
Do you speak from a position of first hand experience ?
Old 12-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Project Ruby......

WOW!!! I thought I was a ****

I have a 4th Gen, but couldn't help but reading this thread. Some of you are beyond ****, its hypercompulsive disorder

J/K. Its just the love of the car we all have here.

I for one don't carry a towel/tshirt with me to remove fingerprints even though I should because when my car is clean it bothers the hell out of me to see them.

I do allow eating and drinking in my car, but I watch everyones moves. If somebody spills something they clean it up until it looks new. Thankfully nothing of that sort has happended yet. I allow all this cause I live in TN where there are many trees and gravel roads, and the floor gets dirty anyway .

I also park in the boon docks, but thats only usually when the car is clean. But I mostly do it all the time due too I think I've been keyed a few times on the driver side door from parking with everybody else.

During the spring and summer I wash the car about every 2 days. Full detail (wash/clay bar/Zaino) every 6 months. After every wash Zaino just keeps on shining. For my 9 year old car it still looks damn good. Right now the car hasn't been washed for about a month It's getting chilly!!
Old 12-30-2004, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
who are you talking about?
Old 12-30-2004, 01:59 PM

No problem -you can buy the Meguiars stuff in most car part stores or even at Walmarts. NXT should be about $15 and the DACP #83 should be about the same price. The PC is about $100 at Lowe's

Zaino you'd have to buy on-line: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

As a start, I would just give your Max a coat or 2 of NXT and see if you like it.

Bob
Thanks again Man! Im planning to get these things soon, so i can start using them on my car. Thanks!

HO-HO-HO!!!
Old 12-30-2004, 04:19 PM

I think I got one that makes me KING ****! Well in another post I told you guys that I went to the tow yard for the last time to get what was worth salvaging off my Saturn, well after taking the tires off my hands were a little dirty and washing didn't do the trick, I always have surgical gloves in my tool box and yes I wore them to drive the Max home! Don't worry the tires didn't go anywhere near my car! Dad is picking those up!

It don't get much more **** than that. Hell my first new car and it has made me into a complete sicko! I don't care I love my MAX!! In fact I have another analism. Some jerk parked on my driveway today because he was doing some work in the house. When I got home and saw I had to park across the street for a few minutes I got so pissed that when I went to drive around the block I gave it a lot of gas and boy did I break those Goodyears loose! It was so awesome they were still spinning 60 feet later. I love the 3.5VQ!!!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by joemax1
who are you talking about?
everyone who is overly obssessed with their cars.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:33 AM
CO2kmax

I hear you guys I was the first way when i got my 2k, dont worry it will diminish after awhile. I think its time for me to purchase a new max

Old 01-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Banned

Well, here's another one you guys...

Not only do I park way out in the boon docks... I park crooked as hell!!! So much so that my right rear tire touches the right line and the corner of my front left tire is turned and touching the left line... A lot of times I even risk double-parking. This is so that if anyone even THINKS about parking next to me, they'll think twice... They'll think I'm crazy or something...even though some a$$holes actually have the ***** to park next to me right in the next space over just to pi$$ me off... Parking crooked also looks kinda cool when you come out of the store seeing the MAX "profiled" like it was doing a commercial...
Old 01-07-2005, 02:47 PM

hofb99,

I like your style!

I am on my way to Laughlin for 2 and half months! I always visit my friend in PHX and I may head to your neck of the woods. If I do we should meet and compare notes since we both own Onyx Maxs!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 02:54 PM

Be careful parking like that. A friend of mine did that with his new '04 TBird and some a**hole keyed it.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Banned

I hear you, 2004redse... Trust me...I take into consideration where I'm @, what neighborhood I'm in, what establishment, etc...etc... before I opt to park like that. For example:

1) If in south Tucson (rough part of town), I will park normally...just far enough away. If my car is in plain view, then I'll go ahead and "profile" the MAX, since I can react immediately... Plus the alarm I have on it has a 2-way LCD transmitter that alerts me if someone has done something to her...

2) If in North Tucson (U of A, Foothills, Sabino Canyon areas), I will park so erratically, people will think I belong in an asylum!!!

Good lookin' out!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Banned

hofb99,

I like your style!

I am on my way to Laughlin for 2 and half months! I always visit my friend in PHX and I may head to your neck of the woods. If I do we should meet and compare notes since we both own Onyx Maxs!!!
Hey, thanks, NIKV69!

As much as I would love to hook up w/ a fellow BLACK MAX'er , I will be on my way to the East Coast by the time you get down here... Going back home! They can have the "Wild Wild West" as far as I'm concerned!!!

Will definitely be keeping tabs via the "org" though... Don't plan on giving that up! My org profile will just change slightly once I get in place...

PEACE!!!

SHIFT_ORG_keeping_it_ANAL!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 04:40 PM

hofb99,

That's ok I get back to NY mid to late March! You didn't like it out west? I love it out there!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:01 PM
wsu

preclude faux metal console scratches, clean mats, and more

I think I'm probably fairly high on the **** scale:

I read from other owners how the faux metal plastic on the console around the shifting lever scratches easily and have, unfortunately, found out firsthand that the report was true. To preclude further scratches I cut an "X" hole in a piece of felt and put the shift lever through the hole so that the felt covers the faux metal plastic - no additional scratches.

Also, I live in an area that gets snow and ice in winter. I bought the custom floor and trunk mats with the car. Since the interior is "caffe latte" dirt stains are conspicuous on the floor mats. So at least for now, while there is snow and such that can be tracked into the car, I have white towels covering the floor mats. I shake the towels out fairly often and wash them when indicated.

As I enter the car, I nearly always sit sideways in the driver's seat and tap my shoes against one another (not against the door sill), to knock off dirt from my shoes, then turn forward to position myself to drive.

I keep a rag in the car to wipe of the door sill when people leave scuff marks. I am always torn between the social grace/tolerance of not saying anything when people enter the car and bump their shoes against the door sill or giving them very explicit instructions regarding my expectations of entry and exit protocol.

And yes, I have taken to parking way out in parking lots so that there is minimal chance of other cars parking next to my Maxima. The extra walking does one well.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:19 PM
wsu

True Love

6. Wife is no longer allowed to drive my car unless absolutely necessary. Not going to expose her shortcomings here, but let's just say she isn't quite as careful as me, although she claims to be extra careful when driving my car... My antecdote: reduce any risk by eliminating probable cause. If something has happened to the MAX, I know I did it...no one else... It's okay for me to be pissed @ myself, not someone else...

Let's look at the above statement/position posted by HOFB99 (whose posting initiated this string) in a different way, a more favorable way. He might actually be doing his wife and their relationship a huge favor by limiting her use of the car. If something unfortunate were to happen to the car while she was driving it and assuming she incurred no injury (of course her health and safety would be the absolute first concern), such damage to the car could lead to a difficult situation and strain their relationship. This being the case, he is actually doing their marriage a great service by limiting her driving of the Maxima. It is obvious that he loves her (the wife, not just the car) very much. He is really a swell guy!
Old 02-02-2005, 12:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

wsu - instead of white towels, try carpet-colored mats u can get at Walmart. I got 4 for each place in my car and they match the carpet very well. They are cheap enough that if they wear out, u can replace them, for $5 each.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by TurboFatCrab
Also, I tend to take off my shoes before getting into the Max. I smack the soles together to get rid of the dirt and pick out loose stones by hand. I hate seeing peebles and whatnots on my carpet. My lady always wonders who is more important to me. Well, I told her second place ain't bad. I'm a Please help me.
You are my new best friend...

Wife is no longer allowed to drive my car unless absolutely necessary. Not going to expose her shortcomings here, but let's just say she isn't quite as careful as me, although she claims to be extra careful when driving my car... My antecdote: reduce any risk by eliminating probable cause. If something has happened to the MAX, I know I did it...no one else... It's okay for me to be pissed @ myself, not someone else...
I strictly enforce this policy although for me it is family members and friends. I've lent my previous car to my parents and I literally got it back with miscellaneous large dings and scratches. They even let a pot set fall on the hood of the car while I was away on a trip resulting in thousands of scratches... I ended up selling the car in part due to the dings and blemishes it had.

I know many will just say "but its just a car".... I beg to differ... When it comes to resale and the overall appearance, it's more than just a "car". It is something most of us here work for and although cars depreciate, there is no reason to depreciate it more by being careless...
Old 02-02-2005, 06:43 AM

Y'all are crazy, but I am so **** right now with the new Max that she only comes out during the weekends and I cringe whenever I have to park her anywhere. I also had never noticed how many potholes there are around Dallas. Now I see one and I am thinking GRAND CANYON!!!!!!! This is sickening.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:26 AM
wsu

Not yet throwing in the towel

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
wsu - instead of white towels, try carpet-colored mats u can get at Walmart. I got 4 for each place in my car and they match the carpet very well. They are cheap enough that if they wear out, u can replace them, for $5 each.

DeusExMaxima, thanks for the suggestion and information. I'm so **** I even have a towel covering the raised area of the back seat floor just behind the center console. I like the white towels because they show the dirt so readily that I clean them more often than might otherwise be the case. On a lesser consideration, the towels were only $3 each. Also, if one of the white towels needs replaced, since I travel some and stay at hotels, the Crown Plaza or the Hyatt can assist me with a replacement.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:06 PM

WSU: I dont lke to show th dirt so thats why I got the same color matts. Also, they are REALLY easy to shake out. I still have the original plastic covering on my carpet. No one has ever set foot on the carpet. The Maxima matts have not been stepped on either. Also, I rotate the matts so they wear evenly, cuz I have the 6 speed so my heel tends to dig in the matts
Old 02-02-2005, 10:47 PM
I never narc'd on nobody.

wow... car is more important than anything else huh? you people are freaks, and all of this over an ugly 6th gen...
Old 02-02-2005, 11:03 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by Akumachan
wow... car is more important than anything else huh? you people are freaks, and all of this over an ugly 6th gen...
these members are trying to keep their $30k car clean............... stop hating playa...
Old 02-02-2005, 11:05 PM
UCF Lexus

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
these members are trying to keep their $30k car clean............... stop hating playa...

well......would there be a difference if I was trying to keep my $6k car clean? The value of the car has nothing to do with how well you maintain it IMO.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:37 PM
I never narc'd on nobody.

i have nothing against wanting to keep a car clean, thats just great, its nice to have a clean car. i just dont think anyone should be so **** that they could **** off everyone around them because they wanna treat their car like a friggin god. i just think there are more important things than the cleanliness of your car, thats all.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:43 PM
VIP Maxima

i dont want to be an ******* and no offense but the wording of the rules totally cracked me up.

"absolutly no touching the radio"

im glad the max is soooooooooo important to u

Quick Reply: How Anal Are You???