6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

How Anal Are You???

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Banned

How **** Are You???

Thought it would be interesting to see how **** forum members are w/ the care of their new $30K 6th Gen MAXIMA. Here's my original post excerpted from a semi-related thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=364500

"...as far as being paranoid, let me share w/ you some general rules of engagement I've laid down for my MAX:

1. ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, NO EATING/DRINKING/SMOKING IN MY RIDE!!! Family has been thoroughly briefed on this...had them sign paperwork on it... (nobody in my family smokes, but that one applies to other passengers...i.e., co-workers, friends, etc...in my case, quite appropriate that Nissan decided not to include an ashtray/lighter kit standard w/ the MAX)

2. No touching the radio, center console, or anything in/around the center dash area. Scratches on the faux metallic finish are a b!tch!!! Not to mention the unforgiving driver info center/display--I have an EXTRA-soft bristled brush that I use to shoo off dust on a daily basis. Also, don't want anyone changing any of my "personal" settings...

3. No fingerprints all over the exterior from entry/egress. Use only the palm of your hands or fabric from clothing to open/close my doors. Being that I frequently clean my car, I'm always pointing out fingerprints from them touching the car... I even find an occasional hand print or two on the windows from people peering into the car...

4. No touching windows on the inside. I have tinted windows and fear that my kids may scrape/peel the tint off. Also, getting those windows sparkling from the interior is a job and a half! Mainly the front windshield and rear window...

5. The kids have to stay completely out of the driveway when playing in the yard when my MAX is parked there. My two oldest kids love to skateboard and I cringe everytime I hear their boards hit the pavement near my ride--so now, they are to stay clear of the car completely when skateboarding. I also already have a foot-long hairline scratch on my driver's side door compliments of my 4-yr old's grip-less scooter handlebar. Have no idea how I'm going to fix it...been like that for about 9 months now...arrggghh!!!

6. Wife is no longer allowed to drive my car unless absolutely necessary. Not going to expose her shortcomings here, but let's just say she isn't quite as careful as me, although she claims to be extra careful when driving my car... My antecdote: reduce any risk by eliminating probable cause. If something has happened to the MAX, I know I did it...no one else... It's okay for me to be pissed @ myself, not someone else...

7. Only I load/unload the trunk (i.e., groceries, baggage, pkgs, etc...). I've found too many scratches, though minor to the average onlooker, on my rear bumper area and trunk. I've observed my wife and kids unpacking the trunk and witnessed them scraping their finger nails on the trunk lid when opening/closing the trunk; leaning against the rear bumper to reach in; just all kinds of crazy "normal" behavioral things one does...but, think it's pretty evident by now that I'm not "normal" when it comes to the care of my MAX, so I expect extra EXTRA care be given to my MAX when in/around it...

Well, the list goes on and on...that's just the tip of the iceberg, but as you can see, I'm really not playing when it comes to the care of my MAX..."

PLEASE POST YOUR "ANALISMS"!!!

Old 12-25-2004, 08:18 PM

Well I am very ****, because in addition to just about every general rule you just listed I have more!

1. I never park next to any cars. I am the car all the way in the remote part of the parking lot or I double park.

2. NO CAR WASHES! My car gets only washed by hand.

3. NO Rides! I don't give rides to anyone and absolutely nobody is allowed in the back seat.

I spent my hard earned money on this car and it's going to last me a long time!
Old 12-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Help!

I am new to this site and do not know how to start a new post...sorry.

I have an 02 Max 6 speed SE.

I ahve new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires on it and my millage has dropped.

Any way tires can do that?

Any thoughts on these tires? They are rated very well on the net.

Best,

Howar Adamsky
Old 12-25-2004, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Howard
I am new to this site and do not know how to start a new post...sorry.

I have an 02 Max 6 speed SE.

I ahve new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires on it and my millage has dropped.

Any way tires can do that?

Any thoughts on these tires? They are rated very well on the net.

Best,

Howar Adamsky
Check your tire pressure, cold weather can lower your mpg, also post in the 5gen forum since your an 02.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:44 PM

Is there such a thing as a 'royal ****'? Might I possibly be the first?

I have skipped wonderful restaurants, fantastic sales, interesting museums, convenient motels, and many other desirable endeavors simply because I was unable to find a parking spot where I could be sure nobody would park beside the Maxima.

And this is in addition to having carefully installed one inch wide, half an inch thick black rubber molding entirely around all four wheel wells.

My fetish in this area is so intense, it is contagious. My wife has now stopped parking her Ranger Edge (on which I also installed molding around the wheel wells and along the side) where it might get banged by the doors of vehicles driven by total morons.

We keep a record of places (especially motels) that have acceptable parking. My favorite is the Pine Valley Motel in Spruce Pine, NC, where each parking spot is the same width as the room it faces (twelve feet).
Old 12-25-2004, 09:08 PM

lightonthehill,

You are my new HERO!

I too never park where another car can park next to me. If it means parking in the boon docks or double parking I do it. I also have another Analism.

1. When I find an *sshole that is riding my tail I put on the hazards and slow down, if he doesn't get the hint I open my door and stare him down, if we are moving slow enough or I am at a light. This is for his benefit because if anyone rear ends me they are in a world of trouble!
Old 12-25-2004, 09:23 PM
*moderator*

I sleep in my Maxima...to make sure she is safe

Just kidding, I am pretty ****, a bit more forgiving than Hofb99, but not by much.
I have always babied my cars, I guess it's in my blood!!

I do have a confession...my Max needs wax soooo bad, I need to get a coat on there very soon, she's not very happy with me right now.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

No eating or drinking by anyone, including me. Park CAREFULLY, usually far away. Watch the fingerprints. I keep a clean cotton shirt in the car to wipe it. Love the new car smell and so does everyone else. MMMMMMMM leather.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:46 PM

umm you guys are right. you are ****. however i totally agree on all the parking analities(it's a new word i created just for you special people). i wish i could keep food out of my car, but i got a little girl and she comes first. but i do baby my car in every possible way i can.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:47 AM

Wow.....I'm not that "****" but like everyone said....I do have to agree about the parking.....I do park my car all way on the other side of the parking lot...and I really don't chill with alot of folks so no one really rides in the back much anyway and I don't drink alot in the car myself (I have the tan interior so that just shows everything) but I have seat covers in for the front and passenger side in case I may have a drink (which is covered with a lid) or the passenger....other than everything is cool.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:04 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Is there such a thing as a 'royal ****'? Might I possibly be the first?

I have skipped wonderful restaurants, fantastic sales, interesting museums, convenient motels, and many other desirable endeavors simply because I was unable to find a parking spot where I could be sure nobody would park beside the Maxima.
Hey Light - i'm with you on that one. Can;t count how many times i just keeping going because of poor parking conditions !

There are certain cities within a 2 hour drive that i refuse to drive my car to because of poor roads, potholes, rough driving conditions (i.e. Montreal, etc). i usually rent a car when i need to travel there.

Can't stand leaving my car at the airport when on a business trip. Too many idiots with luggage carts, etc.......My wife really enjoys having to get up at 5 am to drive me over for early morning flights, especially when it's like -20F outside.

Silverbelle04 gets a full detail every weekend (including a fresh coat of Zaino) and gets washed about every second day.

I'm sure there's more craziness, but that's all i can think of right now.

Bob
Old 12-26-2004, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
I do have a confession...my Max needs wax soooo bad, I need to get a coat on there very soon, she's not very happy with me right now.
The shame !

A good polish and wax could have your silver Max looking like this:

Now get out there, get to work and make that baby glow !

Bob
Old 12-26-2004, 06:51 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself Bob! I spent 5 hours rubbing Maguairs on my car and she looks nice and I just have to rinse her off every week or so!
Old 12-26-2004, 12:18 PM
*moderator*

OK guys back off...I have next week off work and the Max will be getting a nice coat of wax this week!!!
Old 12-26-2004, 12:27 PM
KC's FINEST

Noone mentioned the black door pillars... I could spend two hours cleaning her up and my wife will close the door by the pillars everytime, handprints dont seem to come off easy from these areas. So of course I walk over there and promptly remove them. Even after I ask her to close the doos by the door, or even the handle.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:28 PM
KC's FINEST

I could go on and on, now that I know im NORMAL!!
Old 12-26-2004, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
Noone mentioned the black door pillars... I could spend two hours cleaning her up and my wife will close the door by the pillars everytime, handprints dont seem to come off easy from these areas. So of course I walk over there and promptly remove them. Even after I ask her to close the doos by the door, or even the handle.
I keep a bottle of eyeglass cleaner and a microfiber cloth in the arm rest storage compartment. Not only is it good for cleaning eye glasses, but its great for getting those fingerprints off the black door pillars. lol

CM
Old 12-26-2004, 01:53 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by KCmaxx

At least our aren't as bad as the BMW door pillars, a friend of mine has a 330i and those things soak up grease like no tomorrow, I constantly see fingerprints and scratches on every BMW I see...bad by design.
At least ours are semi glossy and wipe clean easily...
Old 12-26-2004, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
OK guys back off...I have next week off work and the Max will be getting a nice coat of wax this week!!!
Okay - but post pics when you're done !

Bob
Old 12-26-2004, 10:16 PM

I'm not as **** as some of you guys, but I'm not far behind. I've resorted to wearing long sleeved shirts so I don't sweat on my baby. When I don't, I try to hold my hands up and let the AC blow me dry. I've had many a person look at me strangely. Also, I tend to take off my shoes before getting into the Max. I smack the soles together to get rid of the dirt and pick out loose stones by hand. I hate seeing peebles and whatnots on my carpet. My lady always wonders who is more important to me. Well, I told her second place ain't bad. I'm a Please help me.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:21 AM

Your not a loser! Though the long sleeve shirt thing is a little severe

Just got another analism!

Today it snowed a little here and instead of using any type of brush or those scraper things to clean my car off I used a big terry cloth towel!

No brush or anything like that will ever touch my paint!
Old 12-27-2004, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by NIKV69
Today it snowed a little here and instead of using any type of brush or those scraper things to clean my car off I used a big terry cloth towel!

No brush or anything like that will ever touch my paint!
I use an old California Duster.

Bob
Old 12-27-2004, 05:05 AM

Bob! That is the best idea!

I am going to do that from now on! I am going out shopping later and will get a duster. Thank God I leave this weekend for the desert! This snow is getting me mad!
Old 12-27-2004, 06:58 AM

-I have gotten to the point where I have told my mother that i will not drive to Brooklyn to visit because there is not a garage to park my car (did she have a word or two to share with me). I park in the middle of nowhere to avoid someone even looking at my ride while i am not around (there was this one buttcrack once that parked RIGHT NEXT TO ME purposely, and i say purposely because it was the top last level of a parking garage, and only the first two levels of five were full).

-I gently close my doors, and trunk. I even hate starting my max more then twice a day because i know that some of the damage that occurs to an engine, is from starting it. And almost all of the other things mentioned above.

I have a four year old that stays with her mom, I am scared to even think of her in the car. She is so short her feet kick that back of the seats.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:39 AM

Oh yes any time I need to go to any of the five boroughs the Max stays home and I take my moms Intrepid. No way I am dealing with that!

You know I remembered another thing after reading the last post about starting your car.

Every oil change I fill the oil filter before I install it. Usually takes a few times but I pour fresh oil in and let the filter soak it up and keep adding till it's full. This way the engine doesn't wait as long for oil pressure to build up after you start it after the oil change, in the long run it adds life to your engine!
Old 12-27-2004, 10:44 AM

I am going to surely try that. Good one

Originally Posted by NIKV69

Every oil change I fill the oil filter before I install it. Usually takes a few time but I pour fresh oil and let the filter soak it up and keep adding till it's full. This way the engine doesn't wait as long for oil pressure to build up after you start it after the oil chage, in the long run it adds like to your engine!
Old 12-27-2004, 06:22 PM

You mean everyone doesnt do that????
Old 12-27-2004, 06:44 PM

I learned that trick many moons ago when I owned a 69' Mustang Mach 1. That car flew!

It took that huge filter back then I was using Fram Filters before I knew they were garbage and that filter took almost the whole quart! Definately good to do for your engine will be running less time with no oil.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:53 PM

When I wax my car and rub it with a clean cotton old t shirt, I think of that music from Ferris Buehler's Day Off where that jungle music is playin and the guy is saying Oh Yeah!!!!! (in a deep voice) and Ferris' friend says his dad rubs that Ferrari with a diaper every day.LOL
Old 12-27-2004, 10:42 PM

here are my rules of engagement

1) Absolutely no eating or drinking in the car, if i am that hungry that i have to eat, i put the food in the trunk, and do not order a drink. i rather the trunk stink like french fries than the interior

2) No touching windows, panels, or dash

3) Vacuum the inside of the car once a week as well as clean floor mats

4)Purchased an indoor garage to keep my Max away from the snow and rain here in ny

5)Absolutely, no no no sex ( unlike high school ) in the Max, have already turned down two prospects very hard, but must be done. Too many reasons to list why

6) NO SMOKING even if you are my girlfriend

7) Try to have no more than one passenger, too many people to keep eye on erks me

8) Parking in isolated areas in parking lot

9) Cleaning her every two weeks, polishing her once every 4 months. Cleaning her once a week in the spring and summer

10) Use proper well known well respected excellent result giving cleaning products
Old 12-28-2004, 09:24 AM

You know you are **** when you detail the inside of your glovebox!
Old 12-28-2004, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by STACK BUNDLES
here are my rules of engagement
5)Absolutely, no no no sex ( unlike high school ) in the Max, have already turned down two prospects very hard, but must be done. Too many reasons to list why
WHOOO! What is the title of this tread???
Old 12-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Maxima addiction cured w/ the GS pill

I've been know not to show up to important events in downtown Chicago b/c of the lack of good places to park. If I can't find a good indoor parking lot (never valet), i'll just go back home. There's no way i'd park in the street.

Oh... and all the no smoking/eating/slamming doors/breathing etc... rules apply in my car as well.

It is a little hard to turn down sex tho.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:44 AM

I stopped having sex in my car back in high school! No need to try to have sex in a cramped space. GET A ROOM

Last night some woman and her kids(WHITE TRASH) pulled behind me to park while a friend and I were sitting there in front of a steak house. There was snow and ice on the ground and she had to hit the brakes hard. I gave her an earful when she got out!
Old 12-28-2004, 09:56 AM
Banned

Damn! I thought us 5.5 gen guys were bad...
Old 12-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Maxima addiction cured w/ the GS pill

Originally Posted by GBAUER
Damn! I thought us 5.5 gen guys were bad...
I know right!

I'm not exactly surprised though. Since the 6th gen is so new, most of the guys here have not had them for much more than a year.

I'm **** as hell right now, but i was 100x's worse during the 1st year.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Banned

I get the fact that they're new, but the 5.5's have a beauty that only age can give them. You know, like the crappy Nissan paint that makes the front end look like a 15 year old kid's face...
Old 12-28-2004, 11:01 AM

Reading the reply about fingerprints made me remember one of my analisms!

When I need to close the hood or the trunk I grab the hook underneath and pull down and I generate enough power so it closes without my hand touching the outside of the hood or decklid!
Old 12-28-2004, 11:06 AM

UMMMM... I don't know about that one, have to give it much thought. You might have to make some exceptions yah know.

[QUOTE=STACK BUNDLES]

Old 12-28-2004, 11:37 AM

woah guys, relax, it's not like i completely turned it down. i just said not in the new car on this brand new sexy sporty leather. then i kept em "excited".. till i got them home

Quick Reply: How Anal Are You???