6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Hit and run

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 03:48 PM

Hit and run

I woke up this morning only to find my 04 Max SE, which was parked in front of my house, with the driver side mirror hanging from an electrical cord. Someone side swiped my car and completely destroyed my side mirror. The frame near the mirror was also completely cracked and destroyed . No note was left or anything! I was so pissed off! I wish I would have seen who did it because I would have beat the sh*t out of that person! It's just one thing after another with my car. First Nissan F's up my cooling system by pouring stop leak in my coolant for a leaking radiator which messed up my heater core, which by the way they don't want to cover under warranty because they refuse to believe it was their fault. Next, my Injen CAI busted and had to put my factory back on. Plus, a number of other things.
To name a few:
- navigation system freezes at loading screen when cold (Nissan won't fix it).
- steering column and driver seat don't move when I exit the vehicle (Nissan tried to fix it, but no luck).
- had 6 CD Changer replaced TWICE (Nissan tried to blame me by giving me some BS on how you can't play burned CD's in it because "burned CD's are THICKER than normal CD'S" What dumba$$es!)
- Auto head lights sometimes don't turn off (Nissan doesn't see this as a problem)
- gurgling sound when car in park (turned out to be a TSB that my Nissan dealer did not know of and tried blaming it on me)

Aside from all of this, I have been to FIVE different Nissan dealers in the Chicago area and all of them are horrible. It seems like I know more about the cars then they do. They have also tried to numerous times to void my warranty when I had the aftermarket Intake system. They will find any excuse to get your money. This will be my last Nissan and am hoping to trade this car in sometime this year. I love the car but when the service sucks, there's no point in keeping it when all Nissan does is give me trouble. Before I trade it in, the first thing I will look for in getting my next car is customer service.

Sorry for the long post,
-GM
Old 01-13-2005, 04:08 PM

You have my sympathy. I am so glad I live on a private drive and park my car on the driveway. I would probably lose my mind if that happened to me. It happened to my Mom's brand new 300 at her office. People are such losers. I hope there is some way you can find who did this. I also can't believe you can't a good dealer near you. I get to find out how the Nissan dealers are in Vegas next week when I bring my car in. The dealers in NY are pretty good.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by kicks26
I woke up this morning only to find my 04 Max SE, which was parked in front of my house, with the driver side mirror hanging from an electrical cord. Someone side swiped my car and completely destroyed my side mirror. The frame near the mirror was also completely cracked and destroyed . No note was left or anything! I was so pissed off! I wish I would have seen who did it because I would have beat the sh*t out of that person! It's just one thing after another with my car. First Nissan F's up my cooling system by pouring stop leak in my coolant for a leaking radiator which messed up my heater core, which by the way they don't want to cover under warranty because they refuse to believe it was their fault. Next, my Injen CAI busted and had to put my factory back on. Plus, a number of other things.
To name a few:
- navigation system freezes at loading screen when cold (Nissan won't fix it).
- steering column and driver seat don't move when I exit the vehicle (Nissan tried to fix it, but no luck).
- had 6 CD Changer replaced TWICE (Nissan tried to blame me by giving me some BS on how you can't play burned CD's in it because "burned CD's are THICKER than normal CD'S" What dumba$$es!)
- Auto head lights sometimes don't turn off (Nissan doesn't see this as a problem)
- gurgling sound when car in park (turned out to be a TSB that my Nissan dealer did not know of and tried blaming it on me)

Aside from all of this, I have been to FIVE different Nissan dealers in the Chicago area and all of them are horrible. It seems like I know more about the cars then they do. They have also tried to numerous times to void my warranty when I had the aftermarket Intake system. They will find any excuse to get your money. This will be my last Nissan and am hoping to trade this car in sometime this year. I love the car but when the service sucks, there's no point in keeping it when all Nissan does is give me trouble. Before I trade it in, the first thing I will look for in getting my next car is customer service.

Sorry for the long post,
-GM
Nissan is actually ranked up their fairly high in customer service in the car industry. Sounds to me like you just have a couple of bad dealerships in your area (who doesn't). My suggestion is to call NissanUSA and let them know what your expereicning. From all the problems your having I'd say your also in lemon law territory. Call Nissan USA and explain whats going on they will force their dealers to fix your car if you do it right.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:31 PM

I feel for you man. Just check out my thread "Just Venting". People can be such jerks or biatches.

Well at least your car doesn't look like this.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/maximase2005

I won't get her back for about 3 weeks.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:01 PM

Sorry to hear...I just got my rear windshield replace because someone smashed it in my driveway. I just brought the X10 survaillance camera system. I suggest you invest in one so you can get a view of everything.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:59 AM

Hey kicks, where are you at in Chicago? I live in the west suburbs and go to the St. Charles Nissan dealer. They have always been really helpful towards me. I have had very nice experiences there. You might want to try them out if you're close enough.