6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

-= People With Audio Systems =-

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 06:48 AM

-= People With Audio Systems =-

What up people, I just hooked up my system. Put 3 10" Alpine Type -Rs in the trunk. With a RF 500/1 Amp, Eclipse 100 Watt 4-Channel Amp for the Stock BOSE Speakers, and an MTX Crossover. My question to you all is this, The Bass from the woofers cause rattles, I know it's prolly been covered in another thread, id just thought Id put it out there. The Thing is, whenever there is LOW bass in a song, I can really hear the rattles coming from the back seat. Its prolly that Brake Light Hitting the back window, plus rattles coming from the trunk. Now I already put double-sided tape on the license plate, it worked a little bit for the outside noise, but inside the car its still sounds crappy to me. Im the type of person that gets annoyed with these little things, but I just really want my system to sound CLEAN, no rattles nice sounding bass, IS THERE anyone OUT THERE with a SOLUTION?.. Or will anyone thats happy with the sound from inside their car tell me what they did?
Old 01-25-2005, 08:00 AM

Get Dnyamat.....put some on the back of the license plate.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:25 AM

I had the same problem, Since i have a LED brakelight included in my spoiler i just covered the brake light with a towel, and it actually worked. I haven't gotten to dynamating the trunk. I used to put little spunges behind the licesnce plate on my old car and that worked well. I've heard socks work as well, just haven't gotten around to solve the problem using that method.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:27 PM

Werd, thanks for the responses. Anyone with Dyno-Matt in here? If so does it take care of all the rattles coming from inside the car? I dont wanna shell out the money if It dont even help that much. I was wondering if anyone actually did dyno-matt their car, is it a final solution to this?
Old 01-25-2005, 12:32 PM

I use it and yes it does do your system justice.....just get it. You won't be sorry. It's a little expensive but the results are great...I just heard today a Jeep riding down my block and he had a good system, but it sounds like crap bcause all you heard was the rattling.......and what's funny is that they don't even hear it because the bass drowns it out, but to the people outside the ****-t sounds horrible....get the Dynamat, don't go the cheap route...do it right!
Old 01-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/

Much cheaper than Dynamat, just as good, more variety or products, actual technical support, and it works just as well or even better!
Old 01-25-2005, 07:28 PM
*moderator*

No Dynamat but I do have "dyna-sock" Lots of people have stuffed a sock in between the rear deck and the metal frame in there. I also used sticky weatherstripping around the rear tailight housing to take care of that part of the problem.
These both worked but I am starting to notice some rattling again, need to check it out this weekend...

Here's a thread from a while back that might help a bit:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=362127
Old 01-26-2005, 06:32 AM

I think Im gonna have to end up Dyno-Mattin the Max after these responses. I tried a couple of your suggestions, The sock in the back deck, (Works, but not the the effect I want, still hear rattles), even tried stuffin towells back there, didnt work. So Im gonna dyno-matt it, anyone know of a price? or Price Range its gonna be to Dynomatt? Holla Back
Old 01-26-2005, 06:47 AM

Peep this: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...facturerID=648

But you can go to Best Buy or 6 Ave. Electronics (if you have one of those in your area) and get it there, I think I paid 65 bucks for the quarter panels sheets (but you can cut that and put them wherever you want, it's doesn't have to go there, it's just cut into those sizes) or if you know of a speed shop that has everything, you should be about to find some in there.