6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

04+ Maxima suspension project - Cattman is looking for SoCal volunteer

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

04+ Maxima suspension project - Cattman is looking for SoCal volunteer

Cattman Performance is teaming up with Progress Technology again to engineer and fabricate a new rear anti-sway bar and performance/lowering spring set for the 6th gen (04+) Maxima. The Cattman-Progress RSB for the 95-03 Maxima has become the benchmark for suspension performance and value, and their 95-99 and 00-03 springs remain the best value in that class, so we fully expect this 04+ project to have the same results.

We need a volunteer within driving distance of Anahiem, CA, who can make his or her car available for 3 days (possibly 2, but plan on 3) at Progress's facility. Vehicle will be parked indoors in a completely secure environment each night.

The volunteer will be rewarded with a free set of springs and a swaybar. Progress likes to get the a prototype swaybar on the car right away to get some miles on it, so that will happen quickly. Springs are not made as prototypes, so that set will come from the first production run.

Please contact me via email or PM if you're interested and in Southern California. I'll note that I'll be glad to answer questions when I know more, but this is the beginning of the project, and I know nothing more than what is in this message.

Thank you for your attention.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 02-02-2005, 06:09 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

jeez, I need to move to cali...
Old 02-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Tek: How bout if I use my car on ur behalf?
Old 02-02-2005, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Tek: How bout if I use my car on ur behalf?
HAHAHAHAH

you thinking of donating the max for three days? well worth it I think.......
Old 02-02-2005, 06:29 PM

Man we need some headers. Sway bars and springs we have. Im sure your products will be top notch though.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:34 PM

he pm'ed me erlier bout MAXXOUTT's gucci interior and I asked him bout some headers for our cars, but he had logged out already....... we'll see when he gets back.....
Old 02-02-2005, 06:50 PM
*moderator*

I PM'd Brian to volunteer, I'll keep you guys posted...
Old 02-02-2005, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
I PM'd Brian to volunteer, I'll keep you guys posted...
good luck........
Old 02-02-2005, 07:59 PM

I asked about headers too. Would be a nice hook up with my y pipe.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:01 PM

Well if he makes headers you will have to get rid of your y pipe. Im waiting on headers if its not gonna be to much longer. Im sure many people on here would like to have the performance from them.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:09 PM

They cant make am hook up to y pipe??
Old 02-02-2005, 08:18 PM

Doubtfully, unless CE comes out with the upper pieces I bet it wont bolt up. Thats why I was hesitant to buy a y pipe. Why gain a lil when you can gain a lot with headers. I dont wanna buy a CM y pipe then turn around and sell it to buy a set of headers.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:12 PM

yea, I want the headers too, but I don't think i can wait too long now... soon as spring hits or gets near I'm getting whats available.... if headers do come out i'll sell the Y to a member or so....
Old 02-02-2005, 09:14 PM

That was my thoughts tek niq. I justk now I talked to brian about the header and he said it needs more developement. I dunno how much and how long that will take but Im so ready for that HP thats there.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Glude
That was my thoughts tek niq. I justk now I talked to brian about the header and he said it needs more developement. I dunno how much and how long that will take but Im so ready for that HP thats there.
hell yea, I'm calling CE tomorrow to see if they got any discounts on them by the org available still........ we'll see, I might be in for one sooner... I won't install till I get my magnaflow mufflers though. do a all at once you know..
Old 02-02-2005, 09:36 PM

Last time I talked to em they did. He said he could still do it for 199 so its a damn good price. Im very tempted because I really doubt headers will be out anything short of 6 months. Thats just my assumption though. Ive already got the exhaust and stuff and I figured I might get some good gains, but I might end up with just more noise and minimal gains so its still questionable to me.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:42 PM

well GLUDE, sometimes you just have to say fuc it you know......... have you seened this vid on how it sounds and all, maybe it will change your mind... lookie here if you haven't already...
Old 02-02-2005, 10:53 PM

Yeah ive seen it. I cant really compare because I already have a few mods so my car sounds different. Im sure its a good mod though, I just dunno if I wanna get it or do my brakes first. I figured power can wait a lil bit but I need new brakes soon. I just hope CM gives me the discount in the future.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Glude
Man we need some headers. Sway bars and sprins we have. Im sure your products will be top notch though.

Headers? You looking for headers? I've got two full header/y-pipe header sets for the 04+ sitting right here. They fit (and work) great.

Unfortunately that's only true if you bought your Maxima in New Zealand, Australia and possibly some other countries outside of North America. The upper manifolds fit our Maxima pretty well, but the downpipe runs into all kinds of issues due to the differences between the cars - quite surprising (and disappointing) that they are as different as they are. We were hoping for the same success we had with the 95-03 version - not only did they cross over to the US-spec max, they fit two different engines.

Anyway, as soon as we get the new website up, we'll give the header project more attention. Cattman Performance has every intention of supplying the needs of 04+ owners as well as we serve the previous Maxima generations.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 02-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
I asked about headers too. Would be a nice hook up with my y pipe.
I'd just note that properly designed headers for Maximas will not work with stock y-pipes - or aftermarket y-pipes designed to replace stock y-pipes - simply because the outlets of the two header manifolds (that the y-pipe bolts up to) will not end up in the same position as the stock manifolds. This will be true as long as the Maxima has a transverse-mounted V6 that severely limits the amount of room for header manifolds, particularly the back one.

Without naming names, it has been well demonstrated to the Maxima world that limiting the configuration of header manifolds by requiring them to bolt up to a stock y-pipe (or performance y-pipes that replace it) will compromise the performance result.

The y-pipe has to be designed around the header manifolds, not the other way around.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 02-03-2005, 12:58 AM

Brian:I'm sure there will be quite a number of buyers for headers if they make it to production. By the way, I emailed you regarding having my car available for you this coming Monday, Feb 7. Let me know if this is ok.
Mark
Old 02-03-2005, 01:23 AM

we have to be pacient now, he is working on supplying us with some springs and a sway bar right now. so time will tell.......... do your thing Brian, we ain't going nowhere......

***** can I make one suggestion though, can you make the springs so that they drop to the same gap as the rear. the front even with a drop look like is still to high... this will be very appreciated (you can use my sig as an example. minus the photochop wheels).............................TEK......