6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

How to fill a trunk...

Old 02-12-2005, 07:46 AM

How to fill a trunk...

Guess I might have a hard time with the big suit cases.

Not pretty, but it gets the job done. The box was a tight fit and bigger than I expected.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:16 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Looks good!
Old 02-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Awsome man.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:15 AM

Looks good. Curious, does it make the Max's butt ride a little lower? Our max's ride kind of low anyway, just curious how it effects the handling and appearance of the rear end?

Bet it thumps pretty well!
Old 02-12-2005, 10:39 AM
*moderator*

... ...
Old 02-12-2005, 11:08 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

yea thats nice...........
Old 02-12-2005, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by factorymax
Looks good. Curious, does it make the Max's butt ride a little lower? Our max's ride kind of low anyway, just curious how it effects the handling and appearance of the rear end?

Bet it thumps pretty well!
Does not make it sit any lower, bad thing is the trunk space now is about 50%.

Tek-Niq......I figured out the cap issue. It is finally turning off as normal. Weird thing is that it plays X-Mas tunes from the cap. The installer thought I was on drugs when I went by the shop today, but sure enough, the cap plays a sound for some reason. Weirds me out.

Yes, this system does thump, at close to 1000 watts RMS going into the 2 12" subs.....makes the car shake.

Still using the stock head unit, hey it works and sounds good, why mess with it is what I say. About $1000 bucks in the system total, but well worth it. The Kenwood amp sounds a heck of a lot better than my Planet Audio amp. Going from a sealed single 12" to dual ported 12" worked for me better also.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:34 PM

Tek-Niq......I figured out the cap issue. It is finally turning off as normal. Weird thing is that it plays X-Mas tunes from the cap. The installer thought I was on drugs when I went by the shop today, but sure enough, the cap plays a sound for some reason. Weirds me out.

Curiosity killed the cat.....what does this mean "the cap plays x-mas tunes....I've gotta know.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by carcus
cool, glad you were able to fix it....
Old 02-12-2005, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by factorymax
Curiosity killed the cat.....what does this mean "the cap plays x-mas tunes....I've gotta know.
some caps if hooked up wrong or not getting enough current they beep, or make a sound... carcus's cap just happens to play a song when somethings wrong..
Old 02-12-2005, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
some caps if hooked up wrong or not getting enough current they beep, or make a sound... carcus's cap just happens to play a song when somethings wrong..
Actually nothing was wrong with it.....hooked up just fine. The Boss cap owners manual says nothing about playing a tune, just seems to do it on engine start up. Guess I can call it a weird quirk. For a 1000 watt system, the wiring is good enough gauge. Just caught me off guard. I never thought a cap could make a sound, this one does, guess it has a small chip in it near the lights that does it.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:07 PM

Actually nothing was wrong with it.....hooked up just fine. The Boss cap owners manual says nothing about playing a tune, just seems to do it on engine start up. Guess I can call it a weird quirk. For a 1000 watt system, the wiring is good enough gauge. Just caught me off guard. I never thought a cap could make a sound, this one does, guess it has a small chip in it near the lights that does it.

oh really, so the 12 volts on it is normal? I wonder why I was getting 14 volts on mine..

weird to have a theme song on start up, never heard of it..... cool...
Old 02-12-2005, 02:59 PM

oh really, so the 12 volts on it is normal? I wonder why I was getting 14 volts on mine..

weird to have a theme song on start up, never heard of it..... cool...
Actually, the 12 volt was while the cap was discharging. Here are a rew pics of the amp and cap while car is running.....holding 14 volts. Nothing is wrong with the cap....just a pretty little start up song I guess.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:04 PM

cool, thats what I wanted you to post. nope nothing is wrong there...
Old 02-12-2005, 03:08 PM

cool, thats what I wanted you to post. nope nothing is wrong there...
Thanks Tek-Niq....I do appreciate your info on car audio as I am not the best.....been learning since the 80's but now it is so much different. Gone are the Alpine pull outs....hehehe.

Bet you learned something though about a cap....the Boss 2 farad cap plays a pretty song.....LOL.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah, there's less space, but you were also accustomed to the trunk of a BMW convertible which isn't much more than this... so all good. Looks good. I bet it thumps.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by ThunderMaxi
Yeah, there's less space, but you were also accustomed to the trunk of a BMW convertible which isn't much more than this... so all good. Looks good. I bet it thumps.
Still miss the BMW convert though....and if it was not for family space in a 4dr...would have been happy with the vert. But sometimes you do what you have to do.......even if it hurts.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:40 AM

Now, carcus, you've made the mistake of posting your picture and we know you're an old bald fart. What the hell are you doin' with a gangland boom-de-boom in your car? Are you going through a second childhood or something? Please don't tell me you're running spinners, too ...

Mike
Old 02-13-2005, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Now, carcus, you've made the mistake of posting your picture and we know you're an old bald fart. What the hell are you doin' with a gangland boom-de-boom in your car? Are you going through a second childhood or something? Please don't tell me you're running spinners, too ...

Mike
I am bald by choice, shave my head. Age is 34 so not really crusty yet. And yep....spinners also. Actually, the rims and spinners were on the car as I got it new from the dealer. Hey, they grew on me.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:07 PM

I am bald by choice, shave my head. Age is 34 so not really crusty yet. And yep....spinners also. Actually, the rims and spinners were on the car as I got it new from the dealer. Hey, they grew on me.

Oh migod.

Mike
Old 02-13-2005, 06:17 PM

Hey Carcus! Did you have the stock subs in your max? The reason why I am asking is because I just installed a ported 12" in my trunk and the stock subs that came with my car hangs down too low. Below are pics of my sealed box which sucked and my new ported box which sounds awesome. And as you can see, there is not clearance for me to push it all the way back due to the stock subs. Just wanted to know if you had the stock subs cause your box seems to fit snuggly in the rear.

Thanks!

Old 02-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

are those spl's or just regular premiers?
Old 02-14-2005, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaSE2005
Hey Carcus! Did you have the stock subs in your max? The reason why I am asking is because I just installed a ported 12" in my trunk and the stock subs that came with my car hangs down too low. Below are pics of my sealed box which sucked and my new ported box which sounds awesome. And as you can see, there is not clearance for me to push it all the way back due to the stock subs. Just wanted to know if you had the stock subs cause your box seems to fit snuggly in the rear.

Thanks!

My stock subs make it droop a bit, but main thing of the tight fit was the width and depth of the ported box. A sealed one would have fit better. Glad I did upgrade and get rid of the single 12" as my Kenwood amp was tearing the single 12" a new one. The dual 12" sound nice!!!! Now, the trunk space loss kinda sucks. Looks like your box is on the tall side, but seems to fit well with your sub. I am not a stereo expert by no means though.