6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Bose Line-In?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 01:36 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Does the stock Bose have RCA outs?

Just curious, the stock system sounds great and I dont want to replace it with an aftermarket just yet.

However, I was thinking of putting in some subs in the back. Does the stock Bose have RCA outs so that you can just hookup a sub amp to it?

-MO-
Old 02-23-2005, 04:38 AM

No...you have to hook up a line-out-convertor....
Old 02-23-2005, 07:32 AM

Thanks alot.

Has anyone tried this?? Will it sound like crap? Would you just splice the speaker wire from the back two speakers and route those to your sub amp?

thanks,

-MO-
Old 02-23-2005, 08:02 AM

PM Cobymoby. He works for berk, they have an adapter you can purchase. PAC something. It allows you to hook up subs and an amp to the stock bose hu. I went with it, no regrets. The thing with subs is depending on the frequency of the bass, your back will rattle. There are fixes tho as well, socks, dynomat, and the tsb for the rear shelf parcel have all been used.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:21 AM

Bose Line-In?

I'd like to play my MP3 player through the stock Bose system on my 2005 SL.
Any Line-In kit available to allow this? I'm not satisfied with the sound quality using a FM modulator of Cassette adapter.

Thanks,
P
Old 02-23-2005, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by PaulMacNH
I'd like to play my MP3 player through the stock Bose system on my 2005 SL.
Any Line-In kit available to allow this? I'm not satisfied with the sound quality using a FM modulator of Cassette adapter.

Thanks,
P
You can get a PAC AAI-NIS... if you don't have SAT. If you have XM or Sirius then your only option is to use a modulator/adapter, since the PAC takes the SAT connector. It's not really a big deal, as long as you can follow instructions and you're willing to part with the sat radio in the future.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:57 AM

I don't have the Sat radio option... How much is the PAC AAI-NIS? Where would I get it? Simple install?

Thanks..
Old 02-23-2005, 11:53 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I don't have the Sat radio option... How much is the PAC AAI-NIS? Where would I get it? Simple install?

Thanks..

Good question.......Just figured out the Bose systems doesn't play MP3 I like the stock system in my SE just fine, but would love to play some MP3's in there.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by install30
No...you have to hook up a line-out-convertor....

NICE!!! I just won a new one of these for 1 cent on ebay!!!

now for anyone thats installed one, can you splice the speakerwire going into the rear speakers? Or do you have to lose those inorder to connect directly to the lineout converter?

-MO-
Old 02-23-2005, 01:55 PM

Thanks..
Well your car should be pre-wired for SAT, but check anyway... I don't know if it matters (the connector is what's important, not the wiring), but you might wanna be safe rather than sorry. Check on the driver side door... there should be a label in there telling you that the car is pre-wired for SAT. I don't remember what the cut-off was, but later MY04 and all '05s should be pre-wired...

The price varies depending on where you shop... check pac-audio for a list of distributors, but I'd say ebay or Crutchfield. I got mine from ebay shipped for like $80, but the dude that I got it from now has like 40 negative feedback in the last month... I didn't have any problems with him, but again, your mileage may vary...

The installation is fairly simple, depending on how good you are at following instructions. Check out the How-To sticky by christaust on taking apart the dash... it's literally a couple of pulls and a half dozen screws, but if you can't follow directions then you might break something... It wasn't that hard for me but even I posted about it the other day (do a poor man's search on "AAI NIS installation" or view threads started by me). After you take the front off the radio then it's literally snap one connector out and one in, and plug in the power bypass and you're DONE. Just run the wiring somewhere and that's that... definitely worth doing on your own IMO.

If you're REALLY desperate I can get a couple of pictures later...
Old 02-23-2005, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by MObruin
NICE!!! I just won a new one of these for 1 cent on ebay!!!

now for anyone thats installed one, can you splice the speakerwire going into the rear speakers? Or do you have to lose those inorder to connect directly to the lineout converter?

-MO-

how much was shipping?
Old 02-23-2005, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by NAGADOIT
how much was shipping?
9 BUCKS. I know, thats where they get you. But another auction for the exact same thing was like at 20 bucks,

SO has anyone else installed a sub amp with one of these? Where is the best place to run the Power cable from the battery to the instide of the car?

-MO-
Old 02-23-2005, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by MObruin
9 BUCKS. I know, thats where they get you. But another auction for the exact same thing was like at 20 bucks,

SO has anyone else installed a sub amp with one of these? Where is the best place to run the Power cable from the battery to the instide of the car?

-MO-
I remember seeing a few threads here of people with plenty of stuff in their trunk... Not sure about power though, IIRC they had to drill through the firewall to get to the battery, which sounds scary enough to keep me from even looking at it. My guess is that when the time comes I'll have a pro do that particular bit of work on mine...