6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.
View Poll Results: UR CARS HEALTH??
major problems
7.14%
not major nor minor problems
7.14%
minor problems
35.71%
NONE
50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Bad Issues??none??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 09:16 PM
05WHTMAXISL

Bad Issues??none??

I was just wonedering after all theses posts about getting the max resold to dealers and really having some pain in the *** times withj the maxi..i wanted to know how much people go thru these stuff..so far my 2005 maxi SL with 8000 miles..no issues..drives and pulls like a crackhead running from cops...no vibration no struts (yet) starting condition...NONE..i love it so much..only concern is this empty can tiggling noise sometimes when i accelerate rpm 2000 to 3500..when i just start driving after car was off for around 2 hours or more..first couple minutes i hear it after 5 or 6 accelrates..noise is gone...i dont know whats the problem but dont think its major..wheni have time i would service in..lets see what kinda issues your had or have in ur cars now...HOPE THIS POST STAYS ALIVE>....(to get an idea) what to look for...

Old 03-02-2005, 10:07 PM

By far the best thing you could do is to simply begin at the present and scan back thru the most recent few dozen pages of posts. Any problem of consequence invariably comes up again and again as new posters join.

Pay close attention to threads on steering wheel shimmy, roof leaks, struts, rotors/brake vibration, etc.

Also scan thru the stickies at the top, as each of them is there for a 'reason', and that 'reason' may someday apply to your Maxima. You are probably going to have less problems than some '04 owners, as Nissan is trying to eliminate problems at assembly time as fixes are found.

I haven't noticed the 'empty can tiggly' noise you described, but some here may recognize it and respond.

Like you, I am very happy with my 6th gen Maxima. It is one heck of an automobile.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:37 AM
SuPeRmOd

thank you lightonthehill,
some just want instant results w/o doing a little research themselves.

if you simply look around, 4 or 5 04 owners are filing for lemon status. say there are 1000 owners on here (take into consideration that majority only look for this site b/c they have a problem. others never new they had a problem until they found this site) now that is roughly 1/2% of owners here.

compare that to other makes who do not have a resource like this.

the problems seem expotential on here b/c the few w/ problems are looking for answers. ones w/o just read or enjoy their car.

your poll will not reflect accurate #'s b/c someone with low miles may not have encountered a problem yet. and as stated by the age poll, a good majority of 6th Gen owners are not Internet folk.

what exactly does "not major nor minor problems" mean and how is that different than "NONE"?

*edit* and who's to say what is a major vs. minor problem? that is left to personal opinion. to me a defective strut is minor and easily replaced. to another it may seem life threatening. (i still feel Nissan should recall all struts in 04, but still minor) only things major to me would be engine(if that goes you're one in a million) tranny (seen one on here, other blew it driving like a moron) airbags failing, tires (RSAs should be recalled by Goodyear, not Nissan's responsibility). there are other possibilites, but none that I've read about.

all the ones in that pet peeve thread are minor and found in other makes if not worse.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by 05WHTMAXISL
..only concern is this empty can tiggling noise sometimes when i accelerate rpm 2000 to 3500..when i just start driving after car was off for around 2 hours or more..first couple minutes i hear it after 5 or 6 accelrates..noise is gone...i dont know whats the problem but dont think its major.....
I believe if you checked earlier posts here you would find that this noise comes from the exhaust heat shield. I have not had the problem, so can't give you any further info.

Your poll choices are somewhat redundant (Not major nor minor problems = None -- in my book.) My biggest problem with my Max (that now has 28 K miles and is coming up on 2 years old in late May) is that the rear wheels were not properly alligned from the factory and this caused slight cupping in the tires. But rotating the tires every 7,500 miles resulted in all 4 tires having cups before I found the problem (you do expect the car to be properly alligned from the factory). Well, is this a major or a minor problem -- IMO it is minor because it means that I have to replace my tires earlier than otherwise would be necessary. When I do that I will upgrade from the RSAs and this will be an improvement. So I voted Minor Problems in your poll.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:43 AM
05WHTMAXISL

ok thanks..end post plz?

Old 03-04-2005, 06:33 AM
wsu

Similar Noise

Originally Posted by 05WHTMAXISL
I was just wonedering after all theses posts about getting the max resold to dealers and really having some pain in the *** times withj the maxi..i wanted to know how much people go thru these stuff..so far my 2005 maxi SL with 8000 miles..no issues..drives and pulls like a crackhead running from cops...no vibration no struts (yet) starting condition...NONE..i love it so much..only concern is this empty can tiggling noise sometimes when i accelerate rpm 2000 to 3500..when i just start driving after car was off for around 2 hours or more..first couple minutes i hear it after 5 or 6 accelrates..noise is gone...i dont know whats the problem but dont think its major..wheni have time i would service in..lets see what kinda issues your had or have in ur cars now...HOPE THIS POST STAYS ALIVE>....(to get an idea) what to look for...
My 05 SL has a similar noise as the one you describe above. I have not taken the time to have the dealership track down what it is. I hope it is only the heat shield as some have speculated. On my car, the sound is consistent as I rev through about the same rpm range you mentioned, it is not intermittent on my car as you mentioned on yours above. I don't think the noise is a major issue on my car either, as I have noticed no performance issues associated with the noise.